It sounded like he was singing Exo to me.

Anyway, it was still brilliant despite all the fuss about the setlists. You've just got to be there really. The sheer energy was just great. The balloons were fun, everybody was just scrambling to get to the to bust them. It was so hot in there, my shirt was wet through. I can't beleive the cheer that Feeling Good got :LOL: As soon as he struck up the first notes everyone seemed genuinely pleased they were playing it. I thought people would be dissapointed. But yeah it was amazing, lots of jumping around and moshpits :happy:

centre barrier was rough... So many people pulled out. After tonight i have officially heard every single song they have played so far...

:awesome:

But tell me - what was the chicken situation? I must know what teh bell was wearing :yesey:

It sounded like he was singing Exo to me.

Anyway, it was still brilliant despite all the fuss about the setlists. You've just got to be there really. The sheer energy was just great. The balloons were fun, everybody was just scrambling to get to the to bust them. It was so hot in there, my shirt was wet through. I can't beleive the cheer that Feeling Good got :LOL: As soon as he struck up the first notes everyone seemed genuinely pleased they were playing it. I thought people would be dissapointed. But yeah it was amazing, lots of jumping around and moshpits :happy:

Glad you enjoyed the gig :D The energy really is the important thing, I think one of the concerns a lot of people have about a stagnant setlist is that the guys will get bored of it, so it's good to hear they're as revved up as ever!

so was tonite good anyway? like: same good, less, better???

I thought they had more energy in lievin... The crowd was mental... All of us screamed no and refused to sing feeling good and did a cheesy sing along to GL :LOL:

I'm not gonna lie to you, but i was in seating, and the gig was pretty dire. The guys were full of energy as always, but i've seen the same songs too many times now, over and over and over. Exogenesis disappointed and got the quietest cheer of the night. Also the amount of people that sat down during Guiding Light and Feeling Good just shows why they should never be played again. Good night, i've just seen better.

I'm not gonna lie to you, but i was in seating, and the gig was pretty dire. The guys were full of energy as always, but i've seen the same songs too many times now, over and over and over. Exogenesis disappointed and got the quietest cheer of the night. Also the amount of people that sat down during Guiding Light and Feeling Good just shows why they should never be played again. Good night, i've just seen better.

Only thing I was disapointed about was... NO MK ULTRA!!!!! :eek: I really wanted to hear that live as well.

Haha the amount of screams that could be heard when the bassline of Starlight started was unbelievable :p Can't believe how many people sat down the entire gig! O_o God i seem miserable tonight, honestly the gig was immense and they put on an amazing show! But so many things just got to me and made me a scrutinising bitch haha

Right... back... well, I've been back a while lol. Just been skimming the thread for shits and giggles :D

As someone posted, I tweeted that it was the best gig ever... not gonna lie, it was, it was absolutely amazing. The crowd around where I was standing (can't talk for anywhere else, didn't see) really got into it, which made me want to get into it even more hah. Matt was all exciteable running around and shouting haha, Dom was talkative... seemed to like Sheffield :happy: Overall the energy in that place was just... great, I've been to a fair few gigs this year (incl. Muse @ Teignmouth) and this was by far the best, by miles even! The new songs sounded way better in an arena setting (they were always going to), and I didn't mind Feeling Good that much... I would've preferred Cave and Unintended but was never going to happen! I've seen Cave at Teignmouth anyway... aside from all of that, I thought he was singing the majority of Exo, but then again, who says I can tell haha. I seem to be skipping Guiding Light when I play The Resistance, however I think it sounds better live. Oh and Helsinki Jam is getting a lot of love from me and my mate! It's aweeeesome.

Stage set up is awesome, visually it's brilliant, and overall I really enjoyed the whole gig - the band, the singing, the music, the crowd, the visual element, it was just really really fun! I was a bit apprehensive about the lack of change with the setlist, and I'd love to see MK played! But alas, this is probably the only time I'll get to see them this tour, and it was my first time seeing them on an Arena Tour, and I most certainly wasn't disappointed.

For those who followed my tweets, ta, I chose the quieter songs to update so it sorta all came at once lol. Oh and about The Big Pink... I guess they're to some peoples tastes and not to others! I thought they were very Nine Inch Nails'ey at points... they weren't the best support I've ever seen, but not the worst by far. Like I said, average. Most people around me couldn't wait for them to get off tho lol...

Righto... sorry if I rambled. :awesome:

Incredible gig, but the place did seem a bit dead.

It only really kicked off for Starlight and KoC.

Having said that, we had a great time and went mental for every song - mainly Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome :D

Tinge of disappointed at no Cave :(

I'd put the reason it being dead was down to tem playing 4 or 5 quiet songs so close to each other, everyone seemed to chat amongst themselves when they came on, especially Guiding Light. As you said hough, Plug in baby and KoC were rockin' :D

Amazing night!!

I loved that we the repeat appearence of;

picture.php?albumid=1409&pictureid=15399 during Uprising :LOL: IT made me laugh :D

I was at the front barrier near Chris and was really suprised at how many cheers there were when Feeling Good began :p

One of the main highlights of the evening was when Matt crouched down and pointed at us at the edge of the stage during Unnatrual selection (i think it was..)

and did anyone notice the "batman" effect that Matt did where he stood infront of the big light at the end of the stage. I looked back over to the rear wall of the arena and it looked like the silhouette effect he did at le zenith on the Hullabaloo DVD.

Now to check how the audio recordings come out..

overall, an INCREDIBLE night and hope everyone else enjoyed it too!!

A fantatic show even if it was a little on the short side (although saying that, they did play everything that I hoped for). From the reports I had read, I was expecting something a little different from the new stage set but it was better than I imagined and very well done, very innovative.

I took my young brother and sister with me for their first ever gig and first Muse experience. They absolutely loved it. I had been promising them for a couple of years that I would take them to the next show in our area (I've seen five or six gigs around the world since the promise was made - oops!) but the wait was worth it. I fear though that any other bands' gigs they go to in future will just not match up to what they witnessed tonight.

Well done chaps and thank you for making it such a special night for my siblings.

Thank you Muse for a fantastic gig !!! I think that's the best gig I have ever been to of Muse. I wish some of you would stop being so ungrateful complaining about repeat set lists. Great crowd too. I was one of those really tall ones getting in your way sorry :). I did make it from about 25 back to the barrier though , good work? :) I have also taken home about half of one of the balloons. Great night and the sound balance was spot on. Embarrassed by some of the people I came across who thought they were some kind of anorak having recently listened to stuff like Citizen Erased. Muse have made many albums please don't just turn up having listened to one or two off the Resistance. Anyway some of us old boys shepherd these clueless newcomers to the back where they deserve. Special mention to the stinky tall man with greasy mullet who kept dropping one for us all. Sort yourself out! Wonderful gig

Archived