ill tell you now im home :p

a boy decided to pass out before the big pink even came on,

then a few minutes later, probs between big pink and muse, a girl got stretchered off! waste of £40 lol! id have stayed there unconscious! xx

i was next to him, i was with my mega tall friend, i was wearing purple :p

I take these reports with a pinch of salt, looking at several takes of Exo from different venues it sounds different each time - I don't buy it.

+1 I think you're right, and somehow I have the impression Popey is not a big Matt fan

sounds like most people thought this was a great gig:happy:, I heard a rumour elsewhere that Matt had a sore throat... I wonder if that started because of the perception that they were using backing tracks?

Got back a while ago, was SO AWESOME

USoE, Starlight, Unnatural Selection, MoTP, Feeling Good, Unintended even Supermassive Black Hole were all amazing. I could go on but I'm essentially giving a list. The gig had all my favourite songs, except Glorious [my #1], so I'm very very happy :)

I loved the bit with the feather filled baloons, and their 'orchestration' for it. And the glowing piano keys. And Matt spinning. And the power slide. Was also funny watching crowd surfers getting thrown over the barrier, though it's a dick move on the arena's part if they didn't get let back in. I liked how there were more moshers in Starlight than Stockholm Syndrome.

+1 I think you're right, and somehow I have the impression Popey is not a big Matt fan

sounds like most people thought this was a great gig:happy:, I heard a rumour elsewhere that Matt had a sore throat... I wonder if that started because of the perception that they were using backing tracks?

deffo had a sore throat, especially noticeable in USOE

ok, so im back and skimmed through the last 70 pages ive missed (yes im sad :p) to see what kinda stuff your all saying.

right, lets clear up this strobe light thing (although nothing i say will make that happen :p)

the big pink had constant strobes, looked very effective to me, but there again it doesnt effect me that way. there were signs on every door saying that strobing will be used in the concert so no rule breaking there...

the big pink imo were good. didnt get much reception from the crowd from what i could tell, but i thought they played well to say its there first night (yeah?) and its most likely to be the biggest place theyve ever played? and did anyone there notice the lead mans muscles? corr blimey :p

ok muse came on at 8.45 ish. supposed to be coming on at half 8, but some technical difficulty (got chatting with one of the security women). im thinking this may have some link with matt and his guitar spending about 5 mins together alone like one song in?! or possibly the fact the lights on his podium were out some times?

in my eyes itwas fab. but saying that, i deliberately did not go to read the setlist, so that was a surprise to me! and also, ive only seen them once before at sheffield 3 years ago, and i was sat at THE back then, so i dont have a lot to compare to.

matt seemed more crowd friendly than dvds and stuff (again, not alot to compare to) and i thought he looked niiiiiice ;) (ok personal opinion there :p)

lasted a long time too, from what i heard it was gonna end up being 20 mins or something, but very good i thought.

couldnt tell you how the crowd reacted, with me only being at the centre barrier at front! so i have no idea what happened behind!

but all i can say, is thank you to all you lovely wankers who ruined my viewing many times by kicking me in the head as you were being dragged down by the security people for crowd surfing. much love to you darlings.

and finally, sorry for the lack of tweets, but as you probably know, front centre barrier takes a lot of hardwork to keep at, so something had to give :p

xx

Got back a while ago, was SO AWESOME

USoE, Starlight, Unnatural Selection, MoTP, Feeling Good, Unintended even Supermassive Black Hole were all amazing. I could go on but I'm essentially giving a list. The gig had all my favourite songs, except Glorious [my #1], so I'm very very happy :)

I loved the bit with the feather filled baloons, and their 'orchestration' for it. And the glowing piano keys. And Matt spinning. And the power slide. Was also funny watching crowd surfers getting thrown over the barrier, though it's a dick move on the arena's part if they didn't get let back in. I liked how there were more moshers in Starlight than Stockholm Syndrome.

Im a strong beleiver in the crowd surfers should be punished by ejection. Or sometimes death. Crowd surfing is stupid, it can cause so many unecessary injurys.

Im a strong beleiver in the crowd surfers should be punished by ejection. Or sometimes death. Crowd surfing is stupid, it can cause so many unecessary injurys.

as you can probably see from my long post, i totally agree.

one person bust the main security mans nose too.

bless, he seemed lovely too!

xx

along with pitting, whats people obsession with paying all that money to piss about in a circel smacking each other about. fucking idiots

Me and my friends were playing 'Spot the wankers' from our seats up in the gods, the idea is to look for people trying to push their way to the front and laugh as they get punched, elbowed and pushed back to the back, good on you people who did that, they deserve it!

Me and my friends were playing 'Spot the wankers' from our seats up in the gods, the idea is to look for people trying to push their way to the front and laugh as they get punched, elbowed and pushed back to the back, good on you people who did that, they deserve it!

fun game :p i made sure no one got my place, not a chance in hell id have give that up! xx

Fair enough, I'm inclined to agree, but it doesn't say anywhere that it's not allowed. If they knew they were going to get evicted I bet most of them wouldn't have surfed.

Still all glowy and happy from the gig :D

ahh i was 4 rows back, no we both kept tight hold of our phones.

not you then! thats good =] im rather pissed off with that boy i mentioned. i have a nice elbow dint of his in my left shoulder blade and its hurting like a good un. bless his kind little cotton socks! my boyfriend liked it when he accidentally whacked him in the face too cos he tried to take our front row space! he was a darling! much love to him on this lovely night! xx

Crowd surfing is stupid, it can cause so many unecessary injurys.

:yesey:

I got kicked in the face in 2005 by a crowd surfer during In Flames, when they supported Motorhead. Smack bang on my nose/eye/whatever else haha... hurt like hell! And broke my glasses at the same time lol. D'oh. Hence why I always wear my contacts to gigs now lol...

Re: the strobe stuff, I missed the signs on the doors, but it made me feel a tad funny, and I don't even have an illness! Lol. Wasn't nice. Feel sorry for those it affected badly...

Talking of 'wankers' haha some guy literally ran through everyone knocking everyone out the way on his way to the front... he didn't get very far tho, which made me glad hah.

Chris is definately my fave :) I want to go where I can jump around a bit, but I can only get there for 6 cause of college, so no queueing for me :( *edit* Sorry I meant to quote then

haha no worries i still read it lol :p

yeah well he was on the right hand side, but they all kept moving round! i duno lol, tbh i hadnt a clue what happened behind me at all lol! xx

:yesey:

I got kicked in the face in 2005 by a crowd surfer during In Flames, when they supported Motorhead. Smack bang on my nose/eye/whatever else haha... hurt like hell! And broke my glasses at the same time lol. D'oh. Hence why I always wear my contacts to gigs now lol...

Re: the strobe stuff, I missed the signs on the doors, but it made me feel a tad funny, and I don't even have an illness! Lol. Wasn't nice. Feel sorry for those it affected badly...

Talking of 'wankers' haha some guy literally ran through everyone knocking everyone out the way on his way to the front... he didn't get very far tho, which made me glad hah.

crowd surfers are dicks, theyre clearly not there for the music are they? just their 15 seconds...

i know what you mean about the strobe lighting, it hurt my eyes alot, but i put that down to being so close... and i can understand that you wouldnt have seen the signs about it, they were on the turnstyle doors, i only saw it cos i was squidged up against one for 15 mins! if you werent there at that point, you would have completely missed it, but im guessing theyre completely within their rights to just do that, its obviously all law abiding, so i doubt theres alot anyone can do about it really, theyd just say its your fault for not reading the sign :/

and yes, thank you for keeping the rabble back ;) xx

we could see olly on the barrier and it looked like he had constant crowd surfers going over him. i'm glad i wasn't there. very inconsiderate given the pain it causes the people below.

Archived