Burning_October

I totally agree. And anyone who thinks you can't get a heavy tone out of a tele is an idiot. I was playing my guitarist's rig at practice last night and the tone is amazing playing through his tele on the middle position. So much bottom, and top, and middle and uuuuggggghhhhh I came in my pants.

:awesome: someone on here mentioned the awesomeness of the middle position a while back (haze maybe?), and i didnt believe it till i tried it while playing loudly with a drummer.

needless to say, i havent looked back :happy:

Yeah, I just read that somewhere when shopping for a Tele. In practice, it can crank out some great distortion (see: Bodysnatchers by Radiohead), but I don't think that it could get the really heavy, chugging tone that a humbucker can. That being said, this Tele has a humbucker, so problem solved I guess

It can.

Joe_Strummer_Telecaster_MZ7192356combo.jpg

I want this alot.

i saw that in a guitar shop a while ago and the finish looks so cheesy on it (i'm assuming that pic is the low end model).

hmm i think i'll go take a pic of my bastardised half broken tele

thanks, it's home made.

The guitare was black

serioulsy!? nice job! i always though those relics look like someone started with an orbital sander and just stopped half way. how'd you go about doing it?

serioulsy!? nice job! i always though those relics look like someone started with an orbital sander and just stopped half way. how'd you go about doing it?

It's easy :

1) Take a poor Hopkins Telecaster (this guitar sound very bad !!! but it's a decoration guitar)

7988-telinoire_01.jpg

2) Rub down the gloss

7988-3.jpg

3) Paint it Red

7988-4.jpg

4) Rub down it as you want

7988-5.jpg

who says i can't have a number of projects going at the one time?

The way you said it implied that you're not comfortable swapping pups and pickguards, let alone building your own guitar from scratch. That's the only reason I asked.

EDIT: A simple mis-interpretation i'm sure. It's that stupid leprechaun accent.

Archived