Burning_October

Hi, I'm Haze and I have a Telecaster. It all started in 2005 when Sound Control gave me a really good deal on a 'Vintage White' USA Standard, I then spent all of my last remaining money at that point on the Telecaster with no consideration or care for what I was getting myself into or how it would affect those around me.

:(

I have a cheap tele from Sound control. How cheap? £55! Its got a maple neck and very average pickups. It isn't the best I've ever seen and I can't get the action low on it without it buzzing - but I still love it and abuse it. I think in the end I will end up simply changing my playing to suit that guitar (despite my other more expensive axes)

Well, Muse uses Ibanez's, so if you were looking for that sound then that would probably be your best bet, and the good ones are around the same price as the '72 tele. That being said, Ibanez has, from what i've heard, extremely spotty quality control, even in their premium line of guitars, so that's something to look out for.

Also, for that price you could get an American Stratocaster HSS, which should provide more versatility and has a whammy bar, which i'm pretty sure Muse uses in some songs. So, I would say go down to a store, and try out all of these, and then pick the one you like best.

yes, but just so matt can destroy them, not for the tone.

even then, this is YONKS ago we're talking.

Oh, never mind then. I would, personally, go for the Tele, although it depends on what you're looking for.

Also, yeah, with enough modding any guitar can play anything, although I thought that the Tele's would produced a brighter sound, which made it not as good for hard rock? I remember reading that somewhere. My Tele is fine for Muse, so maybe that was just speculation.

Also, yeah, with enough modding any guitar can play anything, although I thought that the Tele's would produced a brighter sound, which made it not as good for hard rock? I remember reading that somewhere. My Tele is fine for Muse, so maybe that was just speculation.

:facepalm:

You can use Teles for metal. Just 99.9% of guitarists are morons and believe the crap they read on the internet.

:facepalm:

You can use Teles for metal. Just 99.9% of guitarists are morons and believe the crap they read on the internet.

Yeah, I just read that somewhere when shopping for a Tele. In practice, it can crank out some great distortion (see: Bodysnatchers by Radiohead), but I don't think that it could get the really heavy, chugging tone that a humbucker can. That being said, this Tele has a humbucker, so problem solved I guess.

Although, I would still go to a shop and try out the Tele and the HSS Strat and see which one suits you better. I know that there are a lot of people who just don't like Tele's for whatever reason, so its good to try.

Also, toff, Tele's are awesome:LOL:. Although, SG's look pretty, and i've never played one so maybe they're awesome too.

Yeah, that's what makes them unique. The neck pickup is all good (nice rich blues tone), but the bridge is where it's at.

Also, is there any specific pickup in the Strat that gives it a signature Strat tone? I want to know because at some point I want to get a Strat then replace two of the pickups with humbuckers, but I wouldn't know which to keep.

:rolleyes:

Lmao sorry didn't read your post.

Yeah it's perfect for what i use it for, if i wanted a board which i was only going to use for effects then i probably wouldn't have got it... But for what i use it for (using it as an amp sim when i cant use my rocker because its too fucking loud) its perfect and imo out of the lineup (zoom, boss & line 6) it has by far the best sounding amp/cab simulations.

Archived