Stockholm Syndrome discussion thread

PlugInMonster

a concoction of sonic rocketsauce mixed with the sound of exploding stars and angels dying. and truly amazing backwards aswell.:D

I heard it backwards!

It actually makes new lyrics when it's backwards. And it's funny cause it still sounds exactly the same, lol.

• 1 month later...

The one downside to how they've done it live is that the guitar sounds much quieter compared to the album. Obviously it's mixed quite high on the album, I wonder what they could have done live to fix that. Of course it might have sounded just fine if you were actually at a gig, but on youtube it sounds kind of wimpy.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll avoid describing it sound-wise in lieu of describing the awe I have that Matt is able to flawlessly perform such as fast song live. I've been trying to learn this song for a while now, and it's still way too fast for me. haha

hehe, yeah, I can relate to that. It took me six months just to get the riff right, but all comes with good practise as they say. What did it for me was I started using a pick that was practically bendable, the sort of thing you use for jazz songs and all that. Once I used that the riff came along quite nicely, then all I had to do was to perfect it so it sounded like the real deal. So start out with a soft guitar pick and then move on to normal guitar picks once you mastered the timing and so on..

as for the song itself, there is no way to describe it that'll do it justice, it is THE STOCKHOLM SYNDROME..a monster..

and the video used live is awesome! does anyone have that by the way?

Archived