Stockholm Syndrome discussion thread

PlugInMonster

needs to bring back distort on the vocals for this one when playing live

also needs to stop tailing off on the last "I wish I could" and actually do a scream and a falsetto like Earl's Court :(

Best SS Performance in Muse history that was.

Am I the only one who sheds tears during the chorus of SS's studio version?

I swear, Matt's singing is so emotional. And when combined with the lyrical content, I can't help but well up. Even the other day, I was just thinking of that chorus, some tears came.

What could possible have inspired Matt to write something like that? Muse's greatest moment.

Guest Sarah-x
New SS intro = sex :yesey:

:D

one of the greatest Muse songs ever! love it :happy:

love singing along to it, screaming my head off :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGDCxZCaa7k

In my opinion this is the best live version of Stockholm Syndrome, there just seems to be so much passion there, and that huuuuuge squeal Matt does on the guitar in the last chorus, then those bizarre chords in the final 'This is the last time i'll forget you'

Sends shivers down my spine! :)

That really is a great live version. I love when they play it for the encore, it sums up the entire show and leaves you stunned. Such an epic song! I didn't really like the version in HAARP though because his microphone had too many effects on it during that song and it was really hard to listen to but this version and ones that i've seen in person sound amazing!

Always one of the biggest highlights from any Muse gig.

Yep. In my case it was the closer, and what a closer OMG. At the end Bellz hung his Manson on the Marshall cab he was using for feedback and walked off with the rest of the band and that fucking guitar just screamed for like two minutes until they cut power. Not as epic as Glasto '04 but hey, what is? :D

I'm noticing that SS is slowly getting it's edge back,it became a bit tame in 2009 but the Glasto and RAR 10 versions are fantastic.

I agree. Matt seemed so pumped by the end of SS glasto '10. He shouted the "I wish I could" louder than any other on the tour. Hopefully by Wembley he will be up for a '04 style scream.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived