Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

Hey everyone, has anyone heard of a band called The Back Horn?

I got an album of theirs last night, Ikirisainou, it is excellent.

Their vocalist has a very distinctive and good voice. They aref ans of Muse and Radiohead.

THey sound very similar to Muse, OOS and Showbiz era, very good songs, remind me of the uno sort of sound.

I urge you to check them out :D

Their vocalist has a very distinctive and good voice. They aref ans of Muse and Radiohead.

THey sound very similar to Muse, OOS and Showbiz era, very good songs, remind me of the uno sort of sound.

Hmm, I like them :happy:

Though I don't hear the similarity to Muse.

Yes,I know them!

I don't have their CDs but I have seen their gigs 3 times.

I agree with you.Actually they may be similar to the beginning of Muse.

But,only sound.Matt's voice is completely different from The Back Horn's one.

But both vocalists are unique,I think.

Not the vocals, but especially the drums and distortion and guitars :D

Glad you like them though :D

obvious, about the vocals ;) ... no I ment the drums and stuff as well. I just can't really hear the similarity to Muse. But I guess it's just me ;) ..or maybe I don't know enough of their songs yet. Dunno.

@Strawberry_Juice:

Japanese penpals???? Woah :eek: ...but are you sure you have the character set installed?

Yarrghhh how do you type in Japanese on a mac?!

I know how to switch the language input thing when I type, but when I post anything online it just shows up as a bunch of "??????"

We might be getting Japanese penpals this year in class, and I really want to be able to type in Japanese. :(

I've been there. I have an apple ibook.

The trick is to keep the language thingy on Japanese as you post your text. If you switch it back before clicking the 'submit' button. then it'll show as a bunch of questionmarks. If you don't, then it should be ok.

Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.

Yep, I'm Dutch..so are you, right? :happy:

and yeah, it's Tom Felton... Draacoooo :D :D :D

God I fell in love with him when I first saw HP1. :LOL:

Did you know there are MANY Japan(ese)-lovers in the Netherlands? It's not normal anymore, so many of my friends (and just random people I know) are in love with the Japanese culture, food, people and language.:)

Did you know there are MANY Japan(ese)-lovers in the Netherlands? It's not normal anymore, so many of my friends (and just random people I know) are in love with the Japanese culture, food, people and language.:)

That seems to be a global thing though. From my experience anyway.

nah I didn't from film 1 on, probably because I was about 11 (I think) when it was released ;) ... I didn't realize how hot he could look, till I was, well, 16 :LOL: . And also mainly film 3 and 4. I wonder how he'll look in the next film, and I'm especially looking forward to film 6: lots of Draco around!

I don't personally know any other Japan-lovers around here, though one of my friends knows one, and she's planning to introduce me to this guy... but apparantly he's quite annoying, 'cause he talks as much Japanese as possible (which I don't do -yet)

I've been there. I have an apple ibook.

The trick is to keep the language thingy on Japanese as you post your text. If you switch it back before clicking the 'submit' button. then it'll show as a bunch of questionmarks. If you don't, then it should be ok.

Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.

I don't switch it back at all, it switches on it's own! :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Oi!No more Japanese stuff?Oh,no!I have to rescue the thread then!

1.-I'm buying Death Note and Lupin III :LOL: .They are new stuff released in the Salón del Manga de Barcelona,the biggest and most famous manganime convention in Spain.

2.-My friends and I are going to a teppanyaki restaurant soon.Mmmmmmm...:happy: .

1.-I'm buying Death Note and Lupin III :LOL: .
I love Lupin III. :D Do you know Cowboy Bebop? It's humorous, cool, exciting, bit sleazey :rolleyes: , and stylish ... I think it influenced by Lupin a lot.
-the Salón del Manga de Barcelona,the biggest and most famous manganime convention in Spain.
Are you going to dress up by any chance? I was on the subway the other day, and realized I was surrounded by people wearing big gun on their thigh, purple hair, and a colonel suits ... they were comic convention people. :rolleyes:

I love Lupin III. :D Do you know Cowboy Bebop? It's humorous, cool, exciting, bit sleazey :rolleyes: , and stylish ... I think it influenced by Lupin a lot.

Mariko,I'm surprised you don't know Cowboy Bebop is one of my favourite animes!I'm a hardcore fan of it :LOL: .And of Lupin III,I watched the anime series when I was a child and The Castle of Cagliostro is just amazing!That's why I'm buying.It's a deluxe edition,more than 600 pages in a cool tankoubon for only 9'95€!Yummy!

Are you going to dress up by any chance? I was on the subway the other day, and realized I was surrounded by people wearing big gun on their thigh, purple hair, and a colonel suits ... they were comic convention people. :rolleyes:

No,I'm not going,I have no money for the trip and the stay:( .But I have to go some year and,maybe,only maybe,I'll dress up...of Lupin,for example :LOL: .

Oi!No more Japanese stuff?Oh,no!I have to rescue the thread then!

2.-My friends and I are going to a teppanyaki restaurant soon.Mmmmmmm...:happy: .

teppanyaki sounds yum :happy: ... though I don't know what it is (well, besides that I assume it's Japanese)

Mariko: you didn't know about Dan's obsession with Cowboy Bebop??? :eek: :eek: .. Shame on you! ;)

I wanted to say something else, in general, as well, but I can't seem to remember what it was :(

Mariko,I'm surprised you don't know Cowboy Bebop is one of my favourite animes!
Nope, I didn't know. :stunned: I was kinda into it, so I'm surprised we didnt' talk about it.
teppanyaki sounds yum :happy: ... though I don't know what it is (well, besides that I assume it's Japanese)
teppan=iron plate, yaki=grill. It's iron griddle grilled food (steak, seafood, etc.).

tz_men_moritsuke.jpg

wikipedia says:

It differs from the traditional Japanese teppanyaki in that the chef also performs a small show for the customers. The show can range from juggling utensils, flipping a shrimp into his shirt pocket, tossing an egg up in the air and splitting it with his knife to a flaming onion volcano.

fuego.jpg

... yeah, so the food is simple, but "the show" is supposed to be amazing, although I've never seen it.

ooh that! I might see that around my birthday :happy: .. Because there's this Japanese restaurant nearby, that I went to a while ago, but we sat outside, and got sushi and stuff like that, but if we had gone inside, we probably would've gotten one of those shows as well.. So, I want to go there for my birthday again, because I loved it, except that we won't sit outside anymore (eating outside in december is not a bright idea :LOL: ).

Sushi :happy:

Nope, I didn't know. :stunned: I was kinda into it, so I'm surprised we didnt' talk about it.

:eek: Wow,that's really strange...We have taked about almost everything...and we haven't talked about it?Oh,Mariko,our communication is failing lately I'm afraid...This can't go on like that :LOL: .

Mmmmm,teppanyaki...I want the food first more than the show :LOL: .

The Japanese restaurant in my city has a 50% reduction on EVERYTHING on mondays. <3 :happy:
Don't mean to scare you, but make sure you eat everything cooked.

I was working in a Japanese restaurant, and a chef told me I should eat out early in a week, because restaurants try to clean out food on the weekend. The Monday 50% off, is a possible super-clean-out of the previous week, so just be careful. ;)

Konnichiwa Genki deska? i'm good hello to all Japanese Musers out there, my name is Giuseppe i'm actually from England (dont be fooled by the name, my mum and dad are both italians) and i'm a huge MUSE fan, going watching them on Nov 10th and 11th in manchester with my friend should be a belter as we have standing tickets. Also i'm pretty muched obsessed with japanese culture, i.e movies, music anime and martial arts (my ex-girlfriend is Japanese and i got her in to MUSE too:D ) also i train in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu which was formally known as Ninpo Taijutsu or simply Ninjutsu, and i'm hoping to go to Japan next year with the rest of the Dojo to train with Soke Hatsumi Masaaki. Speak to you guys soon.

Ciao.

Giuseppe.;)

Archived