Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

"I'm the light" *snigger* :LOL:

It's okay though, Dutch is an extremely difficult language (hell, I'm Dutch and I don't speak Dutch properly :LOL: .. You would be amazed at the amount of, for example, spelling mistakes I make. And I'm one of the best Dutch students in my class, most people here are even worse :LOL: )

I'm quite curious as to how my Japanese pronunciation is going to be :LOL:

Your Japanese pronunciation will be good because its pronunciation is not difficult;) Its problems are grammar and Keigo which is used when we talk to older people. Almost Japanese can't use correct Keigo now.

Oh no, I'm not good Japanese student:eek: Maybe I need a Japanese tutor:LOL:

Your Japanese pronunciation will be good because its pronunciation is not difficult;) Its problems are grammar and Keigo which is used when we talk to older people. Almost Japanese can't use correct Keigo now.

Oh no, I'm not good Japanese student:eek: Maybe I need a Japanese tutor:LOL:

True, but I do still live on the other side of the world, which almost automatically will make things difficult for me when it comes to pronunciation. The way of speaking is completely different between our languages.

Oh well, I'll see.

Apparantly, the grammar isn't all *that* hard to learn. Ofcourse, it'll be difficult, since it's a completely different language I'll have to learn, but from what I gathered, Japanese is one of the easiest languages when it comes to grammer (though Spanish is apparantly *the* easiest).. I could be wrong though.

True, but I do still live on the other side of the world, which almost automatically will make things difficult for me when it comes to pronunciation. The way of speaking is completely different between our languages.

Oh well, I'll see.

Apparantly, the grammar isn't all *that* hard to learn. Ofcourse, it'll be difficult, since it's a completely different language I'll have to learn, but from what I gathered, Japanese is one of the easiest languages when it comes to grammer (though Spanish is apparantly *the* easiest).. I could be wrong though.

The pronunciation really shouldn't be much of a problem once you've figured out how it's spoken. Japanese is spoken in the front of the mouth. Keep that in mind, and you'll speak Japanese with hardly any accent ;)

The grammar however.... It's confusing, that's the main issue. It's very VERY confusing ._. I mixed things up constantly.

However, building up a decent vocabulary has proofed the biggest challenge for me. My tip: write EVERYTHING down and ask a lot of questions. Bluntly point at something and ask what it is in Japanese.

Though the pointing might be considered impolite if you're in Japan... -.-

To lottie2002

I think Japanese are everywhere in the world so you will find some Japanese in your town. Then you can get language buddies who will teach you currect pronunciation and expressions. Even though you're living on the other side of the earth, there are lots of chances around you!

Grammer... it's really difficult part of Japanese. Though I don't think about grammer things when I'm talking with friends, I can't answer grammer questions. That's too complicated:(

勉強、がんばってね;)

To shiroitenshi

As you said Japanese is spoken in front of mouth with thoracic respiration.

You mean asking questions is impolit in Japan? You don't need to worry that. Lots of people will answer your questions because it means you're interested in our country. Actually my sister's boyfriend, who is from France, askes us lots of questions, but no one think it's impolit;)

By the way, your name is lovely isn't it? 白い天使

To lottie2002

I think Japanese are everywhere in the world so you will find some Japanese in your town. Then you can get language buddies who will teach you currect pronunciation and expressions. Even though you're living on the other side of the earth, there are lots of chances around you!

Grammer... it's really difficult part of Japanese. Though I don't think about grammer things when I'm talking with friends, I can't answer grammer questions. That's too complicated:(

勉強、がんばってね;)

To shiroitenshi

As you said Japanese is spoken in front of mouth with thoracic respiration.

You mean asking questions is impolit in Japan? You don't need to worry that. Lots of people will answer your questions because it means you're interested in our country. Actually my sister's boyfriend, who is from France, askes us lots of questions, but no one think it's impolit;)

By the way, your name is lovely isn't it? 白い天使

It's the pointing I was going at. Asking questions is probably the most important thing and I also have never had any problems with that. People have answered the most ridiculous questions for me. Japanese people are really nice! :happy:

And thank you! ^.^ Though I don't remember why I chose this username :LOL:

And my boyfriend says it's quite fitting. Awww... :happy:

The pronunciation really shouldn't be much of a problem once you've figured out how it's spoken. Japanese is spoken in the front of the mouth. Keep that in mind, and you'll speak Japanese with hardly any accent ;)

The grammar however.... It's confusing, that's the main issue. It's very VERY confusing ._. I mixed things up constantly.

However, building up a decent vocabulary has proofed the biggest challenge for me. My tip: write EVERYTHING down and ask a lot of questions. Bluntly point at something and ask what it is in Japanese.

Though the pointing might be considered impolite if you're in Japan... -.-

Right, I'm warned then, to try and keep track of the grammar? ;)

I'm already sort of trying to work on my vocabulary (though so far mainly through watching lots of anime and Japanese films, it's where I pick up most of the words I know so far). I've been really annoying at home and at school so far, jumping around going "I KNOW HOW TO SAY THAT IN JAPANESE!!!!! :D: :D :D :D " ... It's quite funny, really :LOL:

Thanks for the tip though, of the asking about everything. I'll probably drive myself and everyone around me crazy, but oh well :LOL:

I know that there aren't any Japanese people living in the town I currently live in (way too small, I do know of some Chinese, some Russian, and a whole load of Turkish and Maroccan people, but no Japanese whatsoever), so for the next few months the whole finding-a-japanese-buddy-idea isn't going to work.

But, for next school I'll have to move to a bigger city (I'm estimating it's at the very least 15 times as big as my current town), and there'll also be my teachers there, of which is I believe some *are* Japanese. Some of the students apparantly too. *squees :D * :happy:

:LOL:

well boyfriend is possible,actually right now the population of Chinese man are lot more than that of Chinese woman.

Fortunately,in Spain they are 50-50€...because I'm only interested in women :LOL:

Hi, dan_kawaguchi

Yeah, I'm Japanese who lives in Japan. It's pretty cool to talk with someone from different country on this board Nice to meet you.

And are you from Spain?

Nice to meet you as well:happy: .Yep,I'm a Spaniard who loves Japan for maaaany years.It's good to speak with a Japanese muser in the Japanese thread!

Dani: errr, gift? ... *thinks*... oh, wait! You send me that little puppet keychain thingy, right? It's really cool .. Can't believe I forgot it, I see it almost every day

I glad it arrived safe and sound :LOL:

About Japanese pronunciation,I have to say Spaniards(and all the people who speaks Spanish)have a point in their favour about that because Japanese pronunciaton is almost the same as Spanish one.So we can spend more time in other Japanese language topics!

About Japanese pronunciation,I have to say Spaniards(and all the people who speaks Spanish)have a point in their favour about that because Japanese pronunciaton is almost the same as Spanish one.So we can spend more time in other Japanese language topics!

There are a few other languages who have that point in favour as well. Pretty much all languages that are phonetical, as far as I know. So, for example, Finnish as well. Actually, Finnish people have it even easier than Spanish, because some of the structures of grammatics are similar in Japanese and Finnish -says the person who hardly knows either language :LOL: ..and the Finnish apparantly have more of the same study-attitude that Japanese are known for (which most of the Dutch, like me, lack severely ;) )

[/pointless-probablyfilledwithfaults-rant]

!Hola dan_kawaguchi! ?Como estas?

I've studyed Spanish in my university two years ago:) One of my teacher said there are many similarities between Japanese and Spanish especially in pronunciation.

There are sooooooooooooooooo many musers in Japan but it seems like there are not many musers on this board:( (I hope some of them will show up someday)

But I didn't know about Finnish:eek: When I study English or other language, grammatical problems are the most difficult part to me becaus we have completely different structure as you know. I will check the language later;)

!

But I didn't know about Finnish:eek: When I study English or other language, grammatical problems are the most difficult part to me becaus we have completely different structure as you know. I will check the language later;)

True, structures and everything are completely different. They will be different with Finnish as well, but I do think there are probably more similarities between Finnish and Japanese, than between Spanish and Japanese, but Spanish just gets used as an example way more often, because Spanish is a language that's spoken a lot more (with it being a world-language and all).

*stops self from ranting on and on and on about Finnish and Japanese... Can't help it, I love both languages :( *

!Hola dan_kawaguchi! ?Como estas?

I've studyed Spanish in my university two years ago:) One of my teacher said there are many similarities between Japanese and Spanish especially in pronunciation.

¡Hola,La Luz!Estoy muy bien,¿y tú?Hahahahahaha,good for you!It's always nice to meet people who know a bit of Spanish at least:happy: .By the way,where do you live?There was an earthquake this last weekend in Japan(6'9 Richter).Hope none of our Japanese musers was affected!

!

There are sooooooooooooooooo many musers in Japan but it seems like there are not many musers on this board:( (I hope some of them will show up someday)

I know,I know,all the Japanese people who has the courage to post here say the same.And that's a pitty.Let's hope they will show up soon.

*stops self from ranting on and on and on about Finnish and Japanese... Can't help it, I love both languages *

You don't have to tell us,we can see it perfectly :LOL:;) Oh,well,sure you have reason but,as you said,Spanish is a world language after all(450 million people speaking it,only 100 million less than English).Anyway,I like languages as well and I really fed up when I couldn't take more French after 4 years for some silly compatibility problem:mad:

Huhuhu!When I came here for the firts time,I wrote the same thing!

You must guess why the most of Japanese Musers don't come here.

Actually I didn't come here until last year,although I've been into them since Showbiz.

I didn't use English at all at the time:P

*stops self from ranting on and on and on about Finnish and Japanese... Can't help it, I love both languages :( *

OK! Stop talking about similarities between Japanese and Finnish. I don't want to make you sad:( :(

¡Hola,La Luz!Estoy muy bien,¿y tú?Hahahahahaha,good for you!It's always nice to meet people who know a bit of Spanish at least:happy: .By the way,where do you live?There was an earthquake this last weekend in Japan(6'9 Richter).Hope none of our Japanese musers was affected!

¡Estoy bien, gracias!

It's nice for me to use bit Spanish, though my Spanish is still awful. I need to brush up it.

I'm living in Saitama, far from Ishikawa in where an earthquake has happened, so I'm ok. Thanks;)

I know,I know,all the Japanese people who has the courage to post here say the same.And that's a pitty.Let's hope they will show up soon.

Huhuhu!When I came here for the firts time,I wrote the same thing!

You must guess why the most of Japanese Musers don't come here.

Actually I didn't come here until last year,although I've been into them since Showbiz.

I didn't use English at all at the time:P

I know lots of Japanese are not good at speaking English and they don't have confidence in ability of English. But there are lots of fans who are asking the guys autographs after shows. It means some of them really speak English:eek:

You don't have to tell us,we can see it perfectly :LOL:;) Oh,well,sure you have reason but,as you said,Spanish is a world language after all(450 million people speaking it,only 100 million less than English).Anyway,I like languages as well and I really fed up when I couldn't take more French after 4 years for some silly compatibility problem:mad:

:LOL:

I know a tiny tidbit of Spanish, having followed a course once for about 6 weeks or so. I could've continued, but I started getting quite busy with school so I stopped.

I still have the book we used though :cool:

I've had French for 5 years (I currently have an average grade for French of about 8/10 :D ), though I won't have French anymore at the next school. :'(

I *LOVE* languages :D .

the_light: don't worry, talking about the similarities won't make me sad.. talking about languages tends to makes me really happy :D . It's the fact that I had to stop myself, in order not to annoy you, that somewhat saddened me, but it stopped quite quickly, not to worry :D.

Saitama, where is that? *grabs map of Japan*

*looks*... Hey, that's above Tokyo, isn't it?

(didn't even know there was an earthquake, by the way :$)

the_light: don't worry, talking about the similarities won't make me sad.. talking about languages tends to makes me really happy :D . It's the fact that I had to stop myself, in order not to annoy you, that somewhat saddened me, but it stopped quite quickly, not to worry :D.

Saitama, where is that? *grabs map of Japan*

*looks*... Hey, that's above Tokyo, isn't it?

(didn't even know there was an earthquake, by the way :$)

Don't worry you never annoy me;) I'm just curious about these languages.

Yes, Saitama is next and above to Tokyo. I'm living near the border between Saitama and Tokyo, so I usually go out to Tokyo, not to big cities in Saitama.

BTW which part of the Netherlands do you live? Utrecht?

¡Estoy bien, gracias!

It's nice for me to use bit Spanish, though my Spanish is still awful. I need to brush up it.

I'm living in Saitama, far from Ishikawa in where an earthquake has happened, so I'm ok. Thanks;)

Me alegro:happy: .A woman died and some buildings collapsed down(something strange in Japan since the Kobe's earthquake),so it was serious.

Oh,Saitama,huh?I'm afraid Saitama is a bit known in Spain...because of Crayon Shin-chan :LOL:

Mmmmm,I want to go to a teppanyaki restaurant*yummy*

Don't worry you never annoy me;) I'm just curious about these languages.

Yes, Saitama is next and above to Tokyo. I'm living near the border between Saitama and Tokyo, so I usually go out to Tokyo, not to big cities in Saitama.

BTW which part of the Netherlands do you live? Utrecht?

Er, no, actually I don't even live near Utrecht (for Dutch standards, that is ;) ).. I live in a region called the 'Achterhoek', in Gelderland. I live right next to the border with Germany (me and my friends go to Germany by bike to go shopping, which pretty much explains how close I am :LOL: ) .

achterhoek%20in%20Nederland1.jpg

Right there, in that red part, that's where I live

Hi everyone! i was just wondering if anyone in here who is learning japanese could recommend any good books/cds etc for learning

i'v always wanted to learn japanese and i bought "Living Language" japanese complete course set thing agees ago and i havn't really got round to it yet, iv done a few chapters, i think i might start it proply tomorrow but is there any other material anyone has tried that is good? :)

Konbanwa Nihon no Muse Fans.

Look what I've discovered.

http://www.fujirockfestival.com/

Am I the first to discover this news?

We Japanese fans know the news,but thank you for telling it here!

Hi everyone! i was just wondering if anyone in here who is learning japanese could recommend any good books/cds etc for learning

i'v always wanted to learn japanese and i bought "Living Language" japanese complete course set thing agees ago and i havn't really got round to it yet, iv done a few chapters, i think i might start it proply tomorrow but is there any other material anyone has tried that is good? :)

Hi!Nice to talk to you!

I'm sorry but I'm Japanese so I don't know any books for learning Japanese in foreign countries.

However,I could tell you that ,first of all,you should study Hiragana.

If you can read it,you could pronounce Japanese and I suppose Japanese pronunciation is not so difficult for the English.

I can help you with Japanese if you want :)

Hi!Nice to talk to you!

I'm sorry but I'm Japanese so I don't know any books for learning Japanese in foreign countries.

However,I could tell you that ,first of all,you should study Hiragana.

If you can read it,you could pronounce Japanese and I suppose Japanese pronunciation is not so difficult for the English.

I can help you with Japanese if you want :)

:happy: thanks. i bought another book today, the other one i have is more money but i'v never used it proply becuase it's really fat and dull-like.. i'm not very good at reading big fat books becuase i get bored easily which is why i think i havn't be using it much, so i bought a teeny japanese learning book with more pictures and keycards etc and i think it's easier, i think i'v learnt more in 10 minutes of this book than months of having the other :happy:

but as for the Hiragana, Katakana,kanji.. i don't think i can ever see myself being able to read them :stunned: i wish i could but it looks really difficult

is where it's wrote out in words called Romaji?

:happy: thanks. i bought another book today, the other one i have is more money but i'v never used it proply becuase it's really fat and dull-like.. i'm not very good at reading big fat books becuase i get bored easily which is why i think i havn't be using it much, so i bought a teeny japanese learning book with more pictures and keycards etc and i think it's easier, i think i'v learnt more in 10 minutes of this book than months of having the other :happy:

but as for the Hiragana, Katakana,kanji.. i don't think i can ever see myself being able to read them :stunned: i wish i could but it looks really difficult

is where it's wrote out in words called Romaji?

Hiragana and katakana are very easy to learn. You could learn them within a week or two if you really want to. Just make sure you first know hiragana well before you start on katakana. You'll end up mixing the two up otherwise.

As for Kanji, that will be hard to learn. But with a bit of willpower, you should be able to learn a decent amount of it.

Oh,Saitama,huh?I'm afraid Saitama is a bit known in Spain...because of Crayon Shin-chan :LOL:

Mmmmm,I want to go to a teppanyaki restaurant*yummy*

Saitama is maybe famouse for Crayon Shin-chan:LOL: But I'm living far from Kasukabe where Nohara family lives. Wow I didn't expect you know Crayon Shin-chan:D

I have never eaten Teppanyaki in Japan because they are so expensive for me:( Yeah, it looks yummy.

Er, no, actually I don't even live near Utrecht (for Dutch standards, that is ;) ).. I live in a region called the 'Achterhoek', in Gelderland. I live right next to the border with Germany (me and my friends go to Germany by bike to go shopping, which pretty much explains how close I am :LOL: ) .

Right there, in that red part, that's where I live

I though you live in or near Utrecht because Utrecht University has Asian study department, dosen't they? And actually my university has exchange program with the uni.

Sorry I don't know the region you live:( Dutch standards may be almost same as Japanese standards. Both Holland and Japan are small countries, compared with America and China;)

Going to Germany for shopping sounds interesting! That's really good we don't need to show our passport to cross borders in EU:D

If you don't like reading thing, it's nice to read picture books because the book is written for kids with simple language.

Kanji is still difficult to me too, though I've been learning it more than 15years:eek:

BTW do you know Hiragana Song? I just found it on the web.

http://www.goodnightkiss.com/hiragana.html

To Stupot

Thanks for your post:) There's a Japan tour thread in Tour section and we are talking about Fujirock festival.

I can't wait to see Muse againg in Fujirock festival:D

I though you live in or near Utrecht because Utrecht University has Asian study department, dosen't they? And actually my university has exchange program with the uni.

Sorry I don't know the region you live Dutch standards may be almost same as Japanese standards. Both Holland and Japan are small countries, compared with America and China

Going to Germany for shopping sounds interesting! That's really good we don't need to show our passport to cross borders in EU

Nope, I don't live near Utrecht. And my Japanese study will be in Maastricht, which is in the absolute south of the country (a few kilometers more southwards and you're in Belgium, and it's 3 hours of traveling away from where I live now). I'm going to a college, not an university, that offers the language.

With the level I do at high school now, I can't get into university, my level's too 'low' :( .. Else I probably would've gone to Utrecht or someplace similar, since a lot of my friends and classmates right now are going to Utrecht. I'm the only one -as far as I know - that's going to Maastricht :( .

Going to Germany for shopping is usually a lot of fun :D ..

The annoying part of it, however, is that a lot of Germans come to my area for shopping. I work in a shop in a town nearby, and it's always the Germans that make a fuss out of things, try to pay with money we don't accept or that are even plain rude. Of course, not áll Germans here are like that, but most are :indiff:

Oh, by the way: Crayon Shin-chan? 200px-Shinchan.jpg ??

(I used to quite like that series, I never get to see it anymore now though)

And that Hiragana song is weird :LOL: ...but quite useful :D

Archived