Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

Hiragana and katakana are very easy to learn. You could learn them within a week or two if you really want to. Just make sure you first know hiragana well before you start on katakana. You'll end up mixing the two up otherwise.

As for Kanji, that will be hard to learn. But with a bit of willpower, you should be able to learn a decent amount of it.

ooh right,thanks :happy: i'll get a book on it next time i go back. the only thing i don't i don't get with the book i have now is for some words they have two..eg: How? = DO/IKAGA .. why is there two? and for 4 they have yon/shi =S

If you don't like reading thing, it's nice to read picture books because the book is written for kids with simple language.

Kanji is still difficult to me too, though I've been learning it more than 15years:eek:

BTW do you know Hiragana Song? I just found it on the web.

http://www.goodnightkiss.com/hiragana.html

haha, thanks :happy:

the only thing i don't i don't get with the book i have now is for some words they have two..eg: How? = DO/IKAGA .. why is there two?
Do is casual, and Ikaga is polite. Some words have not only two, but many different way to say it depends on your gender, who you are speaking to, etc.
for 4 they have yon/shi
It depends what comes next.

when you count sticks: Yon-hon

papers: Yon-mai / yo-mai

directions: Si-hou

It's hard for even Japanese people to explain why, I suggest you memorize as is, when you get a chance. :)

皆さん 今日は!

はじめまして、アンジーです。ミューズのファンなんです。

今週の木曜日にミューズのコンサートに行こうと思います。

すごく嬉しいです。(わくわくうきうきぃ~)

Agh, sorry for my lame Japanese m(_ _)m I definitely need A LOT of practice. Anyways, I’m just another n00b here and I found this lovely thread and decided to say hello to you all… so like: Hello! :)

I’ve been studying Japanese for a while; however, my poor skills makes me feel ashamed :-/ so, a not-so-complicated Japanese conversation will do (let’s keep away from けいご please. すみませんが、失礼な外国人なんですから :$ ).

Oh and ¡Hola! dan_kawaguchi, también hablo español :happy:

hello,

I want to post with Japanese but I think there is some problem on my computer so...I'm trying in English!

Anyway, I became a member several years ago, since then I've just been reading this board...But now I want to join.

Since Summer Sonic 06, Muse is getting bigger and bigger in Japan, my buddy friends is now a fan of Muse as well. I've brain-washed her!:D

I went their gigs in Tokyo, and Nagoya as well. it was just fantastic... Even now I can't wake up from day dreaming. haha

now I'm waiting them to come back to Japan this summer for FRF, Is there anyone go there?

Unfortunately my buddy isn't able to go, so I'm going there by myself...

It would be great if I could find good friends here.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, I don't live near Utrecht. And my Japanese study will be in Maastricht, which is in the absolute south of the country (a few kilometers more southwards and you're in Belgium, and it's 3 hours of traveling away from where I live now). I'm going to a college, not an university, that offers the language.

With the level I do at high school now, I can't get into university, my level's too 'low' :( .. Else I probably would've gone to Utrecht or someplace similar, since a lot of my friends and classmates right now are going to Utrecht. I'm the only one -as far as I know - that's going to Maastricht :( .

Going to Germany for shopping is usually a lot of fun :D ..

The annoying part of it, however, is that a lot of Germans come to my area for shopping. I work in a shop in a town nearby, and it's always the Germans that make a fuss out of things, try to pay with money we don't accept or that are even plain rude. Of course, not áll Germans here are like that, but most are :indiff:

I've heard of Maastricht which is famous for a treaty, isn't it?

It dosen't matter if your friends levels are higher than yours now. The most important thing is how you will improve your skills after you enter the college;) Keep on learning Japanese and come to Japan someday!

All my German friends are nice and polit:D Rude people are everywhere on the earth. I found that kind of people in Japan everyday:mad:

btw almost EU member countries are using same currency now right? Why do they have the money you can't accept?

I've heard of Maastricht which is famous for a treaty, isn't it?

It dosen't matter if your friends levels are higher than yours now. The most important thing is how you will improve your skills after you enter the college;) Keep on learning Japanese and come to Japan someday!

All my German friends are nice and polit:D Rude people are everywhere on the earth. I found that kind of people in Japan everyday:mad:

btw almost EU member countries are using same currency now right? Why do they have the money you can't accept?

Because they try to pay with 100-euro bills, which we don't accept. Shop-policy (if I'm right it's because there are way too many false ones around... The 100-, 200- and 500-euro papers are pretty much nowhere accepted here in Holland, except maybe on the market..annoys the hell out of Germans)

By the way, most of my friends are in the same level as I am, it's just that they're doing more 'regular' studies, whereas I can simply only go to Maastricht to study Japanese. My classmates and friends do lots of things like creative therapy, physical therapy, sports academy, which can all be found in lots of different places, but everybody seems to want to go Utrecht for some weirdo reason I don't understand.

I'm one out of 2 people that I know of that are off studying a language :LOL: ... (this other girl is going to go to -big surprise- Utrecht to study Spanish, even though she speaks it fluently already

*goes and practice some kanji :cool: *

Because they try to pay with 100-euro bills, which we don't accept. Shop-policy (if I'm right it's because there are way too many false ones around... The 100-, 200- and 500-euro papers are pretty much nowhere accepted here in Holland, except maybe on the market..annoys the hell out of Germans)

I'll be careful about bills, if I travel in Holland. I don't like bringing large bills in my pocket anyway because I have to pay attention to them all the time:rolleyes:

I'm one out of 2 people that I know of that are off studying a language :LOL: ... (this other girl is going to go to -big surprise- Utrecht to study Spanish, even though she speaks it fluently already

*goes and practice some kanji :cool: *

Language study is interesting to me because we can understand another thing through the language, like culture and nationality. That's why I like studying another language.

Japanese is difficult for you than Spanish, right? It may take more time for you to learn Japanese, but you'll be good;)

Good luck with 漢字 practice!

To DJ Sensei(先生?)

Hi! Nice to talk to you on this forum:) How was the show you went to? I've heard they are doing good in the states. I can't wait to see them this summer!

You don't need to use けいご(敬語) on this board because it's too difficult for me as well:LOL:

To yura

Hello!

I'm going to Fujirock by myself, too. Don't worry it's not dangerous, even if you're alone:D

I'll be careful about bills, if I travel in Holland. I don't like bringing large bills in my pocket anyway because I have to pay attention to them all the time:rolleyes:

If you're only visiting Holland, there's no need to worry about large bills, because I don't think you can even get them here. The largest you can get here is 50 euro. It's Germany where you can get the 100 euro ones, and it's also Germany where they appear to still accept them.

I always pay attention to everything I carry in my pockets. For example, friday I was in Paris, and I checked every 5 seconds or so if everything was still in my pockets. I've always done that, never lost a thing :happy:

Language study is interesting to me because we can understand another thing through the language, like culture and nationality. That's why I like studying another language.

Japanese is difficult for you than Spanish, right? It may take more time for you to learn Japanese, but you'll be good;)

Good luck with 漢字 practice!

Yeah, Japanese is more difficult than Spanish, but I think that counts for most people :LOL: . So yeah, it'll take me a lot of time to learn Japanese, but I don't mind :)

I enjoy studying languages, because it teaches me something about the culture, but it also enables me to talk to people from all over the world in their own language, or in case they don't speak English it will still allow me to talk with them. Also, if I get lost or whatever, I can ask people. It's a form of power, really, knowing your languages.

ktk is a sad sausage :(

This is my second music post in a row, but I just found out that Dir en grey are doing a UK show, and all the tickets are sold out :(! What rotten luck

:(:(:(

That's a shame...

But I personally think they'll have shows in the UK.

Which venue are they going to play?

And welcome DJ sensei and Yura!

I'm sorry I'm late to say that.

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

That's a shame...

But I personally think they'll have shows in the UK.

Which venue are they going to play?

And welcome DJ sensei and Yura!

I'm sorry I'm late to say that.

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

They are playing at the Carling Academy in Islington, London. It would have been cool to see their first UK show, but I don't mind waiting for the next show - only if I know there's going to be another show! :D

• 4 weeks later...
They are playing at the Carling Academy in Islington, London. It would have been cool to see their first UK show, but I don't mind waiting for the next show - only if I know there's going to be another show! :D

There's probably gonna be another show, the question is: when? ;)

Wiieejj, just a few months (and 4 final exams, moving to a different city, Pinkpop, and a schoolparty) and then I'll be studying Japanese :D .. I hope :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Umm... Is there a musical faculty in tokyo univ?

There're not any musica. faculty in Tokyo University.

Tokyo Geijyutsu Uni is the most famous one for a faculty of Music:http://www.geidai.ac.jp/english/index.html

And there're several uni where you can learn music in Tokyo.

Where is everyone? :(

Anyway, it's official: I passed my exams, so in 2 months I'm off to Maastricht, to study Japanese :D .

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new life and study Japanese in Maastricht:D

but it looks Tokyo Geijyutsu doesn't have any electric gutar lesson...

No uni offers an electric guiter course in Japan:(

But I think there are music schools which have courses you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

こんにちは!

初めまして、もう一人のMuseのファンです。 :D

ちなみに、私は東京に住んでます。

東京の皆さん、Museのファンの集まり等をした事がありましたか?

またするつもりでしょうか?^_^

ではでは、皆さんどうぞ宜しくお願いします!

Hello, great to see so many Muse fans in Japan!

Hmmm, wonder where in Japan everyone is...

Tokyo people, any gatherings in the past? Future? :D

Hi moozoonga!!

Good to see you,too.

As you can imagin there're few people who live in Japan.

I'm in Yokohama,but I don't know the others(How about the_light?)

As far as I know,such meeting have never happened here in Japan.

But I wanna do if I can :)

こんにちは!

初めまして、もう一人のMuseのファンです。 :D

ちなみに、私は東京に住んでます。

東京の皆さん、Museのファンの集まり等をした事がありましたか?

またするつもりでしょうか?^_^

ではでは、皆さんどうぞ宜しくお願いします!

Hello, great to see so many Muse fans in Japan!

Hmmm, wonder where in Japan everyone is...

Tokyo people, any gatherings in the past? Future? :D

Hi moozoonga!

Nice to see more Japanese Musers here:D

I think Musers on Mixi have fan meetings, but I've never joined that so far:rolleyes:

I'm living in Saitama now. Not that far from Tokyo.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new life and study Japanese in Maastricht:D

aww thank you!! :D

I received a letter last friday that I was officially accepted to the study..I also got a list of required books, which, according to that list, was about to cost me (well, my parents), 844 euro.. and then we went and look on the internet, found out we could import most of the books ourselves and save about 200 euros in total.

For example: this one dictionary costs 109 (!!) euro if ordered through the bookshop.. through the internet, we can get a new one for almost 70 euro, shipping included. Stupid, isn't it?

Ah well... *sighs and dreams*

Archived