Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

Oooh, question.

I have some recordings from going to karaoke with friends. It was always a lot of fun and I decided I want the songs for sentimental reasons. They're part of my memory of Japan. The only problem is that I have no idea which songs it are, so I wondered whether someone on here would try to find out.

They're quite lame really, :LOL:

I can send them over mail or msn if you want.

Thnx

Oooh, question.

I have some recordings from going to karaoke with friends. It was always a lot of fun and I decided I want the songs for sentimental reasons. They're part of my memory of Japan. The only problem is that I have no idea which songs it are, so I wondered whether someone on here would try to find out.

They're quite lame really, :LOL:

I can send them over mail or msn if you want.

Thnx

are they japanese or english songs?

So, which Japanese movies(anime/whatever) should I buy? I only have ju-on 1 and 2, but I want some more, but considering I don't have thát much money, which ones *must* I get according to you Japan-freaks?

that depends on what you're into. do you like stuff with lots of fighting, stuff being blown up, adrenaline, apocalyptic elements, sometimes futuristic, mechs? or do you prefer stuff that are quiet, pretty, mysterious, thought-inducing and sometimes filled with folklore (but isn't fast-paced by extension--studio ghibli works fall under this category in my books, btw)? or maybe you like those weird, out-of-this-world stuff? or the funny, nonsensical ones? historical bloody edo-period stuff? slice-of-life stuff perhaps? romance? magic, demons and vampires? crossovers? or do you like most of them, if not all, like i do?

that depends on what you're into. do you like stuff with lots of fighting, stuff being blown up, adrenaline, apocalyptic elements, sometimes futuristic, mechs? or do you prefer stuff that are quiet, pretty, mysterious, thought-inducing and sometimes filled with folklore (but isn't fast-paced by extension--studio ghibli works fall under this category in my books, btw)? or maybe you like those weird, out-of-this-world stuff? or the funny, nonsensical ones? historical bloody edo-period stuff? slice-of-life stuff perhaps? romance? magic, demons and vampires? crossovers? or do you like most of them, if not all, like i do?

I agree with you.

lottie2002,I may recommend some Japanese movies if you tell me what kind of movie you like.

But,maybe...you could watch a famous one at first because some Japanese movies,especially not famous one are slightly complicated.;)

well, not exactly everything that you mentioned. I do like mystery, drama, weird, magic, vampires (:D:D), anything of that, combinations of them, whatever. It doesn't have to include all of it either.

I'm quite easy with films, as long as it isn't like western slapstick ('comedy' as they call it... American Pie, that stuff, that's just awful).

but I guess Howl's Moving Castle is a must-have anyway?

well, not exactly everything that you mentioned. I do like mystery, drama, weird, magic, vampires (:D:D), anything of that, combinations of them, whatever. It doesn't have to include all of it either.

I'm quite easy with films, as long as it isn't like western slapstick ('comedy' as they call it... American Pie, that stuff, that's just awful).

Yes it is. You have to see it at least once. Same with tonari no totoro. That movie was soooo cute! :happy:

In that case, come and take a look at this. Though I've put it up for the benefit of whoever might be interested, you're the inspiration behind the post. ^_~

Hello there!How is it going?

dan_kawaguchi>>

Yosui Inoue is popular not only the adult but also my generations in Japan.

"Shonen Jidai" is the most popular in his songs and maybe the song is known all generations because there is this in schoolbook.

Yeah,Mariko has told me about that too.I have to listen to Shonen Jidai,then!

well, not exactly everything that you mentioned. I do like mystery, drama, weird, magic, vampires (), anything of that, combinations of them, whatever. It doesn't have to include all of it either.

Howl's Moving Castle is a great movie,not perfect,but it's Ghibli style after all!I really liked it too^^.If you like vampires,you should really see "Blood:The Last Vampire" and "Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust".Other good movies,apart from Ghibli ones..."Metropolis" is maybe(only maybe) my favourite anime movie.I have seen it too much times:rolleyes: ... :LOL: ."Jin-Roh" is also wonderful.The second movie of Patlabor was quite good too,a great political-military thriller.I'm a great fan of Satoshi Kon,so I recommend you "Perfect Blue","Millenium Actress" and "Tokyo Godfathers"."Ghost in the Shell" is great too...and many more...huh,I'm such a harcore fan... :LOL: .

I'm looking forward now to the new movie by Satoshi Kon,"Paprika".Everyone says it's amazing...

With all this,maybe it's time to revive the Manga and Anime thread :LOL: .

(I have it... )

My neighbour totoro ^^

well, yeah, but that's you, with having been to Japan, and all.;) I'm guessing you bought it there? Especially considering that Japanese films/anime aren't exactly widely available around here. I know Free Record Shop does have some, but it's such a small section of the shop, it's hardly worthwile.

vspirit: I read that bit about Mushishi (?) , it sounds great :happy: ... and I'm glad to hear I'm an inspiration for something :D

thanks for all the tips, everyone! :D

How about "RING"?Does someone know it?

It's a horror movie and popular in Japan.When I watched it,I screamed out over and over!!

It remaked in US but I don't know details:(

As everyone said I also like Gibli movies, "TONARI no TOTORO""MAJHO no TAKKYUBIN"(I don't know English title...the heroine is Deliverly witch).

TOTORO is pretty!!I like him:)

It's a horror movie and popular in Japan.When I watched it,I screamed out over and over!!

As everyone said I also like Gibli movies, "TONARI no TOTORO""MAJHO no TAKKYUBIN"(I don't know English title...the heroine is Deliverly witch).

TOTORO is pretty!!I like him:)

Ring, yes, I saw it, American version and Japanese version, I found both not that interesting.

Today I saw Howl's Moving Castle... I loved it :D . the animation looked great, the story was great, though sometimes a bit weird, but it could've easily been a dream of mine, except better. Considering my dreams don't have Howl in it :(

Ring, yes, I saw it, American version and Japanese version, I found both not that interesting.

Today I saw Howl's Moving Castle... I loved it :D . the animation looked great, the story was great, though sometimes a bit weird, but it could've easily been a dream of mine, except better. Considering my dreams don't have Howl in it :(

:LOL:

I loved the little fire (I forgot his name >.<)

Totoro is sooo cool.

totoro.jpg

:happy:

I watched both of them and the original version is much better than the US one!Actually,my mum and I have watched it three times or so...

Calcifer ..the little firedemon ... he was great as well

Yay,it's coooooool :D .Now I'm writing an article about this movie for my web :D.

Mmmm,so Shinzo Abe...bah,he is not an Elvis president like Koizumi was :LOL: .Oh my when I saw that pic...(trying to find it...)

Yay,it's coooooool :D .Now I'm writing an article about this movie for my web :D.

Mmmm,so Shinzo Abe...bah,he is not an Elvis president like Koizumi was :LOL: .Oh my when I saw that pic...(trying to find it...)

I bought Howl's Moving Castle on DVD today, together with Spirited Away..both of them together for 15 euro :D :D :D

why aren't you on msn? :stunned:

I bought Howl's Moving Castle on DVD today, together with Spirited Away..both of them together for 15 euro :D :D :D

Pretty good offer indeed!I got Spirited Away for 5'95€ but I haven't got Howl's yet...

why aren't you on msn? :stunned:

Pretty busy with boards now and this "cyberclass" close before than they usually do -_-...

Pretty good offer indeed!I got Spirited Away for 5'95€ but I haven't got Howl's yet...

I know :happy: ... they were both 9.99 at first, but this shop has tons of dvds with this sticker on it, so if you get 2 dvd's, the second is for half the price :D ...which made it 15,-.

Pretty busy with boards now and this "cyberclass" close before than they usually do -_-...

:(

I think I might have figured what I want to do after high school by the way... go and study Japanese :D ... And this course also has half a year of study in Kyoto, 7 hours of Japanese lessons a week, business, rights(/laws), informatics :D ... though it's a tad expensive, with the going to Japan for half a year and all, but, yeah well, I guess it's worth it ;)

I found out about this school yesterday evening, and I've just been bouncing around since then :LOL:

Hmm, I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I have to do a small project (that's a part of a bigger project) for my artwork, so the small project will be on manga, and I was wondering, in Japan are there any particularly famous manga artists? The artist has to be famous in his/her country, and I'm not really sure how it works in Japan. Any help would be lo-verly :)

Archived