Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

Hmm, I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I have to do a small project (that's a part of a bigger project) for my artwork, so the small project will be on manga, and I was wondering, in Japan are there any particularly famous manga artists? The artist has to be famous in his/her country, and I'm not really sure how it works in Japan. Any help would be lo-verly :)

some I know are...

Yuu watase (fushigi yuugi, Alice 19th, ayashi no ceres...)

Kaori yuuki (Angel sanctuary :D )

Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, inuyasha, maison ikkouku...)

Those are pretty famous. There are many more, but I just don't know their names. Takahashi is seen as a veteran really. She's adored for her crazy personality.

I didn't like it very much. Or well, Ayashi no Ceres is just a whole lot better. I looooved that one! I still have the anime ^^ have you seen it? I could send it to you...

no, I don't think I've seen it, please do send me :happy:

A big part of the reason I like Alice 19th this much, is because it's the first manga series I found in Holland, in Dutch, that wasn't for children around the age of 8/9 (or whatever the general age is for yu-gi-oh).

And then they pulled it out of the shop again, right after I bought the 3rd book :( ...

some I know are...

Yuu watase (fushigi yuugi, Alice 19th, ayashi no ceres...)

Kaori yuuki (Angel sanctuary :D )

Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, inuyasha, maison ikkouku...)

Those are pretty famous. There are many more, but I just don't know their names. Takahashi is seen as a veteran really. She's adored for her crazy personality.

Great, thanks!! Would you say that the creator of the manga/anime of naruto is famous at all? The more artists the better, plus, naruto, woo, hehe.

Thanks for those artists! :D

Great, thanks!! Would you say that the creator of the manga/anime of naruto is famous at all? The more artists the better, plus, naruto, woo, hehe.

Thanks for those artists! :D

Naruto is famous!

I think famous/popular cartoonist in Japan are,recently, Ai Yazawa(NANA,Tenshi nannka jyanai),Ken Ohata&Tsugumi Ohba(Death note)....etc.

The others are Akira Toriyama(Dragon ball),Mitsuru Adach(Touch),Gosho Aoyama(Meitantei Konan),and Suguru Egawa(Taruruto).

(I'm sorry I don't know English names of those mangas.)

Rumiko Takahasi&Yuu Watase are ,of course famous!

I like "Fusigi Yuugi":LOL:

My sister also like it.We often told about it when we are teenagers.

Naruto is famous!

I think famous/popular cartoonist in Japan are,recently, Ai Yazawa(NANA,Tenshi nannka jyanai),Ken Ohata&Tsugumi Ohba(Death note)....etc.

The others are Akira Toriyama(Dragon ball),Mitsuru Adach(Touch),Gosho Aoyama(Meitantei Konan),and Suguru Egawa(Taruruto).

Excellent! Great thank you! :D I'm going to look at all these artists work, then choose, and then I will probably have a whole day of doing art homework, but it's okay, at least it's drawing something that I like! :D

Naruto is famous!

And in Spain!Actually,I'm getting a bit fed up with it,grrrrr...At least,Bleach has arrived too and they are fighting for the first place in popularity :LOL: .

Mora famous mangakas...I think...

-CLAMP(sooooooooooooo many mangas...:LOL:)

-Jiro Taniguchi

-Katsuhiro Otomo

-Ken Akamatsu

-Minetarou Michozuki

-Naoko Takeuchi

-Ryoichi ikegami

-Takehiko Inoue

-Wataru Yoshizumi

-Masamune Shirow

And don't forget Osamu Tezuka,if you don't mean only living mangakas!

Ai Yazawa(NANA,Tenshi nannka jyanai)

I think she is the author of "Paradise Kiss"...

The others are Akira Toriyama(Dragon ball),Mitsuru Adach(Touch),Gosho Aoyama(Meitantei Konan)

Pretty famous here all of them too.My friends are looking forward for Meitantei Conan to finish(more than 50 tankoubons :LOL:).

I think I might have figured what I want to do after high school by the way... go and study Japanese ... And this course also has half a year of study in Kyoto, 7 hours of Japanese lessons a week, business, rights(/laws), informatics ... though it's a tad expensive, with the going to Japan for half a year and all, but, yeah well, I guess it's worth it

I found out about this school yesterday evening, and I've just been bouncing around since then

Lucky,lucky you :D

And in Spain!Actually,I'm getting a bit fed up with it,grrrrr...At least,Bleach has arrived too and they are fighting for the first place in popularity :LOL: .

Mora famous mangakas...I think...

-CLAMP(sooooooooooooo many mangas...:LOL:)

-Jiro Taniguchi

-Katsuhiro Otomo

-Ken Akamatsu

-Minetarou Michozuki

-Naoko Takeuchi

-Ryoichi ikegami

-Takehiko Inoue

-Wataru Yoshizumi

-Masamune Shirow

And don't forget Osamu Tezuka,if you don't mean only living mangakas!

I think she is the author of "Paradise Kiss"...

Pretty famous here all of them too.My friends are looking forward for Meitantei Conan to finish(more than 50 tankoubons :LOL:).

Lucky,lucky you :D

Bleach <3

I hate naruto. My best friend loves it. It is all she talks about -.-

Charlotte, how did you like Ayashi no Ceres?

don't worry the first couple of episodes are a bit weird. It get's better after that.

Oh! right, well, I haven't gotten round to getting the new version of Media Player yet, so I still can't see it. I'll go look into it right now :)

you guys should check into some of what Naoki Urasawa and Hiroki Endo do.

they do some pretty heavy stuff. in fact the stuff they do would prolly be what bellamy might enjoy if he's into manga.

Naoki Urasawa is pretty good!I love Monster and I'm going to buy 20th Century Boys.Hiroki Endo sounds me a lot...what has he done?

woooh!! Alice 19th is back in stores again over here :D ..and they're not starting all over again either, so I can get buying again :D... 2 new books, yay! :D ...though I only had the money for one :(

and, as Shiroitenshi knows, I've finally seen episode 1 of Ayashi no Ceres as well :happy: ... weirdest stuff ever! Too bad the second episode didn't go that well with sending :(

woooh!! Alice 19th is back in stores again over here :D ..and they're not starting all over again either, so I can get buying again :D... 2 new books, yay! :D ...though I only had the money for one :(

and, as Shiroitenshi knows, I've finally seen episode 1 of Ayashi no Ceres as well :happy: ... weirdest stuff ever! Too bad the second episode didn't go that well with sending :(

I know!

My mum decided to turn the pc off :indiff:

We'll try again some other time, right?

Yeah but I can't fly to Japan just to buy OoS (or any other album for that matter) :eek::(

:LOL:

Neither can I, I was just lucky to find them there as I was there.

I bought random 1-8 there as well. I searched 9 months for it, and right before I leave my fav CD store suddenly has 2 of it :stunned:

Archived