Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

There'll be more up soon.

Am revamping my portfolio before I send it off to the shcools I applied to.

2 Cents just signed with Atlantic Records--last wednesday. THey played here in San Diego Friday night. Great show. I expect another full set this coming friday hahaha.

Can't wait to take a look at those ones when you have them ready...what a thrill it must be going to all these concerts, enjoying the music and take fantastic pics...enjoy Chanel.

Finally I think I have gotten the pix from Roma from July ready to share:

i59oyf.jpg

That's me and lachesi/Caterina in a piazza in Roma, sharing a bottle of wine and some lovely conversation. Thank you, Muse, for my new international friends!

Now if someone would please tell me how to re-size pix so they don't come out HUGE?!?!

Thanks for that link Mary..had tried it before but now it finally worked...fantastic footage!

Mary love that pic of you in Rome...and Caterina what a pleasure it is to see you! :)

Nice to meet you,too!And thanks for the link,dear Musemums!Is your dog the one in your picture?It's a pretty image! :-)

That's Manuella's little cutie Teddy in the Santa hat. My new doggie can be seen over in the LoveBoat MuseMom thread.

Chanel, thought of you last night, the ONE YEAR anniversary of the Wiltern show. Can't believe an entire year has passed; can't believe how stoked I was to see that video clip from Earl's Court. Definitely going thru Muse withdrawal symptoms....

That's Manuella's little cutie Teddy in the Santa hat. My new doggie can be seen over in the LoveBoat MuseMom thread.

Chanel, thought of you last night, the ONE YEAR anniversary of the Wiltern show. Can't believe an entire year has passed; can't believe how stoked I was to see that video clip from Earl's Court. Definitely going thru Muse withdrawal symptoms....

Yeah, I was totally thinking the same thing on the 8th. Hard to believe another year has gone by. It's been a good one.

Well it's been a while since I was last on here right enough. My very special musey christmas email brought me out of the wood work to say thanks and my obsession for muse has been reborn. Must say not much has reallly changed in all the time I was gone, this thread is still on the first page but isn't a sticky. People are still speculating like crazy about the next album and there is still discussion of matt as a sex symbol. if i nipped over to non muse i'd no doubt find the same aged cynicism that used to snap at me over a year ago.. hell they'd probably snap again now... muse and muse.mu... how i have missed you both. merry christmas

Can't wait to take a look at those ones when you have them ready...what a thrill it must be going to all these concerts, enjoying the music and take fantastic pics...enjoy Chanel.

God, I got my ass handed to me in the pit on Friday.

2 cents played at Canes here in San Diego with Pepper.

They put me on the guest list, which was nice, we ate pizza and talked shit about Buckcherry. They're playing with Buckcherry next friday, unfortunatley.

They played around 10PM. A full hour long set.

I was in the pit, mayhem broke out. Someone pushed me and I woulda fallen and hit my head if this really sweet, really hot 6'5" guy standing behind me hadn't caught me. I remember falling, and all of a sudden there's this arm on one side, and a hand around my middle, and he picked me up put me back on my feet and patted my back. Awwwww.

I moved up more toward the front, and 2 Cents started playing Victims of Pop Culture which inevitabley leads into their cover of Reign in Blood (slayer song). The pit exploded, someone pushed me, I tried to get back to the edge. I got pushed again, someone elbowed me in the head, knocked my glasses off...I lost my footing, fell on my face, and then five people landed on top of me....

It was great. :)

I luv that band.

I can't wait until they have a larger fan base. Shows will be fucking crazy.

They just completed their first music video. :)

It's a lot of fun seeing a band grow. :)

God, I got my ass handed to me in the pit on Friday.

2 cents played at Canes here in San Diego with Pepper.

They put me on the guest list, which was nice, we ate pizza and talked shit about Buckcherry. They're playing with Buckcherry next friday, unfortunatley.

They played around 10PM. A full hour long set.

I was in the pit, mayhem broke out. Someone pushed me and I woulda fallen and hit my head if this really sweet, really hot 6'5" guy standing behind me hadn't caught me. I remember falling, and all of a sudden there's this arm on one side, and a hand around my middle, and he picked me up put me back on my feet and patted my back. Awwwww.

I moved up more toward the front, and 2 Cents started playing Victims of Pop Culture which inevitabley leads into their cover of Reign in Blood (slayer song). The pit exploded, someone pushed me, I tried to get back to the edge. I got pushed again, someone elbowed me in the head, knocked my glasses off...I lost my footing, fell on my face, and then five people landed on top of me....

It was great. :)

I luv that band.

I can't wait until they have a larger fan base. Shows will be fucking crazy.

They just completed their first music video. :)

It's a lot of fun seeing a band grow. :)

gee Chanel...talk about risky business...are you ok? hope you didn't get any bruises after all this and to think the band's still growing! When you see them again don't forget your suit of armor!:LOL: Never heard of them but I am going to try and find some of their songs...they have to be good for you to go through all this.I don't know how you kids do it these days...I guess it's all part of the fun... just take good care next time you are in a crazy pit.

gee Chanel...talk about risky business...are you ok? hope you didn't get any bruises after all this and to think the band's still growing! When you see them again don't forget your suit of armor!:LOL: Never heard of them but I am going to try and find some of their songs...they have to be good for you to go through all this.I don't know how you kids do it these days...I guess it's all part of the fun... just take good care next time you are in a crazy pit.

go to

http://www.2centsmusic.com

or

http://www.myspace.com/2cents

and yah, they are good. one of the best live bands i've ever seen. as good if not better than muse (yeah i know people are gonna flay me for saying that ;) but it's true. I wouldn't enjoy their shows so much if they sucked. but you have to be into their kinda music, that's for sure.

they're all really nice down to earth guys.

But Chanel, now you have scared Manuella about being in the pit! I have told her that it is the ONLY way to experience Muse in concert; reassure that we will take care of her, and that Muse pits aren't quite that nuts.

The Muse pits YOU'VE been in aren't that bad. My 2nd MUSE show ever i got thrown up on the stage half way and had someone's elbow in my side half the time. someone landed on my head at that one too. 3rd show ever there was a lot of pushing, elbows, almost fell. 4th show ever, the crowd was so dense all i could remember is being picked up off my feet, pushed forward, and there was nothing I could do about it. we almost toppled the speakers @ that show. when I got picked up and pushed forward I ws pushed against a speaker. the bottom one moved the top one almost fell on us. shane, the guitar tech had to come out and restrap everything while my friend and I held the speakers and pushed them back so they wouldn't fall.

It's not about the band and the pit, it's about picking a good location to stay out of harms way.

best place is up front at the barrier or a couple heads from that. either that or at the back...sides are ok too, but not as safe as absolute front or back. The middle is where all the damage happens...unless it's a small venue in which case you're screwed cuz it's just gonna break out right next to you no matter what.

Well it's been a while since I was last on here right enough. My very special musey christmas email brought me out of the wood work to say thanks and my obsession for muse has been reborn. Must say not much has reallly changed in all the time I was gone, this thread is still on the first page but isn't a sticky. People are still speculating like crazy about the next album and there is still discussion of matt as a sex symbol. if i nipped over to non muse i'd no doubt find the same aged cynicism that used to snap at me over a year ago.. hell they'd probably snap again now... muse and muse.mu... how i have missed you both. merry christmas

Mr. Enlightened, you have returned! Ah, happy memories of the Groupie Police :LOL:. Now if we could just get Rogue Muse and SugarSnow back, that would be fun... Anyhoo, I hope you're doing ok, Mr. E.

Last month my son Nic wrote a review of the OoS cd after finally being released in the US, for his high school newspaper of which he's the editor for the arts and entertainment section. He pmd the piece to TK who answered with a thumbs up and a heartwarming message...Nic is still up on cloud nine After getting permission from both "boys" here it is and hope you enjoy it too:

"Though Muse has been popular in Britain since 1999, it was only after the release of their third lp “Absolution” in 2003 that they had breakthrough success in America. It featured songs centered around guitar and piano with excellent bass and amazing drumming. In 2004 they toured the US extensively and just this year they toured with MtvU for which they were awarded with the “International Woodie” at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. Origin of Symmetry was their second album, was originally released in Britain in 2001 but in America only this September. The opener, “Newborn” starts off with a piano melody and it erupts into an amazing bass and guitar riff; “Citizen Erased”, a superb album track which illustrates just how beautifully Bellamy's musical reach can extend is a strictly drum and bass song with a piano outro; “Plug in baby” features a fantastic lead guitar intro; “Space Dementia” trades guitar in for piano and sounds amazing; and “Bliss” showcases an inventive use of the keyboard that enhances the song. The centerpiece of this band is singer Matt Bellamy’s voice which can go from a low growl to a rising falsetto in seconds. In addition to singing, he plays the piano and guitar and is joined by Chris Wolstenholme on the bass and Dominic Howard on the drums. It’s better that you listen to "Absolution” first, as it’s more accessible. However, if you like it, you definitely should check out “Origin of Symmetry”, Muse’s equally great but overlooked second album."

And here's TK reply:

HI! hope you're well. Well i thought the review was very good. It showed understanding of the music and efforts that went into it, and a real flair for describing the music invoved. That incoperated with an obvious devotion to the band came across really well. Please pass on my sincere appreciation of Nic's review.

Thanks

Tom

Thank you Muse for being the inspiration to a young editor in the making!!!! :)

he says amazing alot... but when talking about muse, it's hard not to. :LOL:

and don't worry about the Pit. Mary's been upfront and she's lived to tell you about it.:D you really just have to pick the right position (front and center) and if you're with a large group, you'll be fine. no matter what it will get pushy and shovy, but it's bearable.

he says amazing alot... but when talking about muse, it's hard not to. :LOL:

and don't worry about the Pit. Mary's been upfront and she's lived to tell you about it.:D you really just have to pick the right position (front and center) and if you're with a large group, you'll be fine. no matter what it will get pushy and shovy, but it's bearable.

He only used "amazing" three times, really rather restrained. And that is probably the longest note from Tom that I have seen, which is an achievement in itself.

I did survive on the rail, but was glad I had been working out at the gym and had the strength to push myself back against the constant forward pressure. But if she's up there with Nic, Brian, Jordan---they'll look after her!

I did survive on the rail, but was glad I had been working out at the gym and had the strength to push myself back against the constant forward pressure. But if she's up there with Nic, Brian, Jordan---they'll look after her!

of course... i was right behind jordan and brian and they let me hug them the entire time, and i had just met them. ;)

i could have used them in Louisville, which i almost ripped/tore my bicep just trying to hang on... thats the day Yas and i became friends.

Archived