According to Wiki, Matt Bellamy plays mandolin?

JackAndrews

8 strings? :eek: THat thing is probably hard to play on.

No, it's actually very easy, because you always play two adjecent ones at the same time - so effectively it's like playing a 4-string guitar. It's the same with 12-string guitars, which in terms of playing does not differ much from a normal guitar. The adjacent strings are normally tuned as octaves.

No, it's actually very easy, because you always play two adjecent ones at the same time - so effectively it's like playing a 4-string guitar. It's the same with 12-string guitars, which in terms of playing does not differ much from a normal guitar. The adjacent strings are normally tuned as octaves.

Sorry, really off topic but where is that 3rd gif in your signature from?! :eek:

Oh! Can you play it?

Not true

Each course is usually tuned in unison, not octaves, and generally a mandolin is tuned in fifths like a violin (G, C, E, A).

But mandolas are cooler. :p

Each course is usually tuned in unison, not octaves, and generally a mandolin is tuned in fifths like a violin (G, C, E, A).

But mandolas are cooler. :p

OK, but with the octave comment I referred to the 12-string (sorry if that was unclear). And I'm aware that the tuning is different - same for a Ukelele (which I did play).

OK, but with the octave comment I referred to the 12-string (sorry if that was unclear). And I'm aware that the tuning is different - same for a Ukelele (which I did play).

ah, makes sense now. :) And you play ukulele, too? :awesome:

Archived