According to Wiki, Matt Bellamy plays mandolin?

JackAndrews

I just found a very old mandolin that belonged to my great-grandfather...nobody had used it for ages...I tuned it thanks to tutorials on youtube (surprisingly, the strings didn't snap) and I'm starting to learn how to play it (thanks to the internet, again - is there anything you can't find a tutorial for?)

Actually, if you know how to play guitar it's not so difficult at all, you just need to know the main chords positions and basically that's the trick. So cool. I'm learning to play blackout now :)

undisclosed desires screams mandolin

as others have said, it's Blackout. But I see your point, the arpeggios in UD sound like they are played with 'pizzicato' on violins, and mandolin strings are tuned exactly the same, so if you pluck a mandolin you get a similar sound.

as others have said, it's Blackout. But I see your point, the arpeggios in UD sound like they are played with 'pizzicato' on violins, and mandolin strings are tuned exactly the same, so if you pluck a mandolin you get a similar sound.

It most definitely is pizzicato, there are two or three different "layers" of it. There are actually one or two live performances with actual strings, and this is exactly what is done.

Archived