Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Haha, thanks, @james90! I almost forgot about it this year actually! I got a nice surprise from MGSV though to remind me, haha!

HBD-From-MGSV.jpg

@Ross0203 - Does this mean you're finally getting an MB-1? Weren't you planning to get one the same run I did way back? xD

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 1:17 PM, Bs said:

@Ross0203 - Does this mean you're finally getting an MB-1? Weren't you planning to get one the same run I did way back? xD

Yeah, I'm finally getting one! I've missed out on the previous two runs 😪

On 3/7/2019 at 10:28 PM, james90 said:

@Bs that's not how you tag people

Woops. I'm still getting used to the new board, haha!

On 3/12/2019 at 12:55 AM, Ross0203 said:

Yeah, I'm finally getting one! I've missed out on the previous two runs 😪

Awesome! It's weird to think I've had mine for 7 years now. I've just started playing it again for the first time in a while actually. It's still as good as ever!

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, Bs said:

Awesome! It's weird to think I've had mine for 7 years now. I've just started playing it again for the first time in a while actually. It's still as good as ever!

Like 7 years ago I had just put my name on the waiting list :classic_biggrin: Good to hear it's still going strong.

I'll be getting mine tomorrow!

On 3/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, Bs said:

Woops. I'm still getting used to the new board, haha!

I didn't realize I would get a notification for every post you make. :ohmy: This is amazing! 

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.35.24 PM.png

@james90 - Haha, you could follow everyone on the site if you wanted to! xD

@Ross0203 - That's great! Hope you have an awesome day! Open it in a room with lots of sunlight if you can, you get the extra specialness of seeing all the sparkles as you open the case for the first time.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bs said:

@Ross0203 - That's great! Hope you have an awesome day! Open it in a room with lots of sunlight if you can, you get the extra specialness of seeing all the sparkles as you open the case for the first time.

Thank you! I opened it up in the shop and it was absolutely phenomenal! :D Part of me would have preferred the matte black one when this runs specs were announced, but they've really gone all out on the glitter this year and I couldn't be happier with it.

My reaction to seeing it:

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 1:10 PM, Jaicen said:

Nice! The neck looks gorgeous. Is that a rosewood board??

Sorry, I missed your post! I think it’s rosewood (at least it looks like rosewood) but Manson’s web description says “Pau Ferro Rosewood” so it might be Pau Ferro. I don’t know what it is, but it’s an absolute beast 😬

My floor is nice, but the walls not so much 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, scottST said:

Sooo...2019 MAs now live on the website.

thoughts??

I like them. Curious if a holoflake version will be out at some point, but guessing not, since the previous ones were anniversary models.

It does seem to make sense going for a neck humbucker route - far more options than a strat type single coil. Plus they're more MB now.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, daveno1 said:

Hi Guys

Can anyone do me a huge favour and photoshop a MA bomber in that new blue colour Mansons have started doing? Tempted by a new custom with rio grande pickups like the original bomber ;)

Like this? Might look a bit better with an actual paint finish. That isn't photoshopped.

blue.jpg

Thanks James appreciate it. Theres so much choice its hard to pick. Maybe go with a floyd rose black p-90 case. Or different colour combo altogether .  

Or copper bomber or something like rust relic ...

On 5/27/2019 at 8:49 AM, daveno1 said:

Thanks James appreciate it. Theres so much choice its hard to pick. Maybe go with a floyd rose black p-90 case. Or different colour combo altogether .  

Or copper bomber or something like rust relic ...

Wouldn't the obvious choice be matt black? Only semi joking, as I do like #NoneMoreBlack bomber they finished up recently.

But what about something like this?

There's also the Full Metal Jacket finish:

45642436_855636677977357_846224666598886