Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

What did I say about spreading rumors? Your post has probably been copied to musewiki already.

Is it a different guitar though? After all, there was that recent interview where Matt said only the neck or body will usually break and need replacing.

So unless you replace both at the same time, it's still the same guitar... is it not?

:nerd:

Whoops, that's me banned.

Kind of... maybe. It's probably got the pickups/electronics out of the original one, but since it's a new body on presumably the same neck it kind of is a different guitar... or not.

And there we have my shittest argument in the history of K&T.

:LOL:

Whoops, that's me banned.

Kind of... maybe. It's probably got the pickups/electronics out of the original one, but since it's a new body on presumably the same neck it kind of is a different guitar... or not.

And there we have my shittest argument in the history of K&T.

:LOL:

First that and now posting outside of K&T? It's almost like you're ditching me for Bs...which is sort of kinky (but in all the wrong ways) because I still consider Bs my bff

You'll have to wait until Macaroon is here if you want a threesome... and then some...

And I suggest we continue this stimulating and soon to be heated discussion.

b4JxrcX.gif

Maybe it's just a way to avoid getting into the The Guinness Book of World Records again. Surely he's broken more than on the Absolution tour?

...Which has to be incorrect anyway :erm: I can't think of any examples besides Earls Court night 2 where something actually got destroyed. Can't really count 007, and I don't think the Ibanez from Earls Court night 1 got any major damage.

First that and now posting outside of K&T? It's almost like you're ditching me for Bs...which is sort of kinky (but in all the wrong ways) because I still consider Bs my bff

You'll have to wait until Macaroon is here if you want a threesome... and then some...

And I suggest we continue this stimulating and soon to be heated discussion.

b4JxrcX.gif

Maybe it's just a way to avoid getting into the The Guinness Book of World Records again. Surely he's broken more than on the Absolution tour?

...Which has to be incorrect anyway :erm: I can't think of any examples besides Earls Court night 2 where something actually got destroyed. Can't really count 007, and I don't think the Ibanez from Earls Court night 1 got any major damage.

Well, he does have more knobs...

Aw we forgot to do that K&T secret Santa idea, though it’d be pretty easy to figure out since there’s only really you, jaicen, matthijs and me left :LOL:

I think he smashes an Ibanez on the absolution tour dvd, but I might be getting that mixed up with the one from hullabaloo. Did 007 get split/broken a bit in 2004 and that’s why it wasn’t used at Glastonbury, or have I been reading musewiki too much?

Well, he does have more knobs...

Aw we forgot to do that K&T secret Santa idea, though it’d be pretty easy to figure out since there’s only really you, jaicen, matthijs and me left :LOL:

I think he smashes an Ibanez on the absolution tour dvd, but I might be getting that mixed up with the one from hullabaloo. Did 007 get split/broken a bit in 2004 and that’s why it wasn’t used at Glastonbury, or have I been reading musewiki too much?

I can confirm that this rumor is true.

What was that idea? I can't actually remember. :facepalm:

He does, but it's not on the DVD. I have a super #LoRes video with no sound - he really goes for it instead of swinging it around a few times then throwing it away like the night before.

And yes I believe that's why it wasn't used. It certainly wasn't in his rack at that show, and he was definitely throwing it around a bit in mid 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tvAfHoesFo

Also notice how the 4x12 falls off the front of the stage. Damn.

I can confirm that this rumor is true.

What was that idea? I can't actually remember. :facepalm:

He does, but it's not on the DVD. I have a super #LoRes video with no sound - he really goes for it instead of swinging it around a few times then throwing it away like the night before.

And yes I believe that's why it wasn't used. It certainly wasn't in his rack at that show, and he was definitely throwing it around a bit in mid 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tvAfHoesFo

Also notice how the 4x12 falls off the front of the stage. Damn.

Can't remember whose idea it was, but someone would pick names of K&T members and they'd buy some small gear related thing and post it to whoever they got picked. Not very practical though :LOL:

Ah, I must've been mixing the DVD up with a video of another absolution gig or hullabaloo.

Ehmagerd physcho rif. Wonder how the 4x12 and 007 were after that :twitchy: Does look really fun to do though.

Can't remember whose idea it was, but someone would pick names of K&T members and they'd buy some small gear related thing and post it to whoever they got picked. Not very practical though :LOL:

Ah, I must've been mixing the DVD up with a video of another absolution gig or hullabaloo.

Ehmagerd physcho rif. Wonder how the 4x12 and 007 were after that :twitchy: Does look really fun to do though.

Oh right, where everyone gets an OC-2?

I don't know of ANY Absolution era gig where he destroys an ibanez besides the second Earls Court show. There were plenty of them during the OOS tour though, which is probably what the record refers to... but then many of them were given away too.

Also, sort of related, but he had those two guitars in his rack for at least six months it seems. You can see the necks at 3:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCOzgYQsKI

Guess it's possible that they were originally bought to prevent 007 from getting damaged again.

Oh right, where everyone gets an OC-2?

I don't know of ANY Absolution era gig where he destroys an ibanez besides the second Earls Court show. There were plenty of them during the OOS tour though, which is probably what the record refers to... but then many of them were given away too.

Also, sort of related, but he had those two guitars in his rack for at least six months it seems. You can see the necks at 3:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCOzgYQsKI

Guess it's possible that they were originally bought to prevent 007 from getting damaged again.

Depends if they've been naughty or not.

Watched Glastonbury 2004 again, aw man, that would've been incredible to be at. Even though I was 10 :LOL:. Found this searching for pictures of his Absolution era guitar rack, didn't know he used one of these - https://bx.line6.com/news/general/58

I'm surprised he didn't destroy any Corts last tour.

I vaguely remember something about the Line 6 "insane" patch being used for parts of stockholm syndrome.

Also, here's one. Not sure if a larger version exists, but you can clearly see one destroyer and 007 (this would have been after the repair)

the-crew-minus-a-good-pie.jpg

This is brutal! I haven't seen that before.

Not as brutal as what happened to the destroyer on the 20th! Makes the one in Hullabaloo look (almost) tame, although the outcome was pretty similar...

Edited by james90

Final offer?

Because I was going to accept that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cny0ZRj63I

I've never actually had mine in that tuning. No idea what string gauge you'd use either.

Might throw in a bottle of old recipe irn bru as well.

Do you have yours tuned to AEADGBE?

Also that moment you get the chance to play a ‘65 Jazzmaster but are too scared to do it :facepalm:

Might throw in a bottle of old recipe irn bru as well.

Do you have yours tuned to AEADGBE?

Also that moment you get the chance to play a ‘65 Jazzmaster but are too scared to do it :facepalm:

Deal.

Nope, BEADGBE. I think I'd need a heavier 7th string for anything lower than that.

And why? It's technically CBS era, so the only thing to be scared of is it being shit :nerd:

I don't worry so much about damaging something like that, but more that I know I'm not going to buy it and it's probably going to waste their time.

That said, Hank's was quite accommodating when I asked to try out a 60s Strat they had. It wasn't one of those super special ones behind the glass though, nor was it sunburst.

I ALMOST FORGOT

I didn't speak about this here, but since you mentioned Denmark Street on instagram... Last time I was there, I was trying out some pedals in the "yellow" shop with one other guy... we essentially got kicked out after 30 minutes. The employee's excuse was that they had customers coming in and out and it wasn't really the place to try out gear. Was a poor excuse really, as no one had been by in the past 10-15 minutes. Plus one of the people that did come through gave the thumbs up on the QOTSA riff I was playing. Lad. :love:

Worst part is that this was after I actually paid for something. I have a feeling it was the other employee (who mysteriously disappeared a few minutes before...) that told him to do this, as I think he felt a bit guilty and gave us a free patch cable... Bit of a shame really. It used to be my favorite shop there, but the inventory isn't what it used to be, and the customer service used to be the best of the lot... now it's the worst. Probably since a certain individual left (Jaicen knows who I'm talking about... such a fine girl)

:chuckle:

And why? It's technically CBS era, so the only thing to be scared of is it being shit :nerd:

It may well have been shit :LOL: Didn't see any pre-CBS Fenders anywhere though which was a surprise, but Hank's had quite a lot of snazzy old stuff.

I ALMOST FORGOT

I didn't speak about this here, but since you mentioned Denmark Street on instagram... Last time I was there, I was trying out some pedals in the "yellow" shop with one other guy... we essentially got kicked out after 30 minutes. The employee's excuse was that they had customers coming in and out and it wasn't really the place to try out gear. Was a poor excuse really, as no one had been by in the past 10-15 minutes. Plus one of the people that did come through gave the thumbs up on the QOTSA riff I was playing. Lad. :love:

Worst part is that this was after I actually paid for something. I have a feeling it was the other employee (who mysteriously disappeared a few minutes before...) that told him to do this, as I think he felt a bit guilty and gave us a free patch cable... Bit of a shame really. It used to be my favorite shop there, but the inventory isn't what it used to be, and the customer service used to be the best of the lot... now it's the worst. Probably since a certain individual left (Jaicen knows who I'm talking about... such a fine girl)

:chuckle:

But... the shop is the best place to try the gear

a81b4a67303548708aa8694b3e0724ae.jpg

Getting a free patch cable is decent though.

edit: also, happy new year!

Edited by nerd herd

It may well have been shit :LOL: Didn't see any pre-CBS Fenders anywhere though which was a surprise, but Hank's had quite a lot of snazzy old stuff.

But... the shop is the best place to try the gear

Getting a free patch cable is decent though.

edit: also, happy new year!

Happy new year

Hank's probably has the best inventory overall. The staff seems pretty nice as well.

There is also a shop at the beginning of the strip on the right. Can't remember what it's called, but worth visiting as they had songs off SFTD and Rated R playing. Respect.

Also

hpigKYo.png

I'm not sure what part is the most :facepalm: worthy.

Happy new year

Hank's probably has the best inventory overall. The staff seems pretty nice as well.

There is also a shop at the beginning of the strip on the right. Can't remember what it's called, but worth visiting as they had songs off SFTD and Rated R playing. Respect.

Also

hpigKYo.png

I'm not sure what part is the most :facepalm: worthy.

I didn't even look at the names of half of the shops, but there was scaffolding all up one side of the street so that covered a lot of them.

That bit about upgraded Squires being American Fenders is pretty special. There isn't a massive jump between Mexican & American Fenders from the ones I've played though, but both of mine are Mexican so I might be biased a bit.

I didn't even look at the names of half of the shops, but there was scaffolding all up one side of the street so that covered a lot of them.

That bit about upgraded Squires being American Fenders is pretty special. There isn't a massive jump between Mexican & American Fenders from the ones I've played though, but both of mine are Mexican so I might be biased a bit.

Yeah, the one that I would suggest avoiding is sort of in the center on the right side of the street.

I'd agree with that. You mainly get a slightly fancier spec with the USA ones. Rolled fretboard edges and that... which is sort of pointless if the guitar needs any kind of fretwork out of the box (which is certainly possible)

I'd have a nice MIJ over anything else really.

Santa 2.0 coming this month, hopefully :ninja:

Did anyone here get any of the new MB models?

Technically... yes. :ninja:

I don't mean to spread rumors, but I do believe #MBHimself has requested one. He can come forward and say which one if he wishes to.

:ninja:

The question is whether musecasters is just being cheeky, or rust_relic doesn't realize he's logged into musecasters' account

Or maybe he does realize it... :ninja:

One of the things we'll never know the answer to. Unlike the switch on the floyd rose guitars, thanks to musewiki.