If MUSE was a one song band, what would it be

Menkish

I know it's hard

But I imagined if matt producrd a one jam only, what would it be?

For me I think "Citizens Erased"

Cause it has it all amazing riff, strong message and his first instrument the piano

Though it wouldn't be my choice, the one song which they're most famous for, is supermassive blackhole

though personally speaking, it'd have to be Time is Running out

Citizen Erased is their most complete song to date IMO and showcases everything that I love about the band (except for electronics, which MOTP and TAB are good examples of)

Clunge and Jobby give great examples too

Edited by LewisF

New Born has always, for me, encapsulated the 'essence' of Muse.

Failing that, Reapers is a great shout. Bliss, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Take A Bow, Map Of The Problematique, City Of Delusion and MK Ultra too.

All of those songs are distinctly and recognisably 'Muse'.

Talking of chord progressions, the ones in Take A Bow are my favourites. Don't know the exact amount of times it changes key (might go round the cycle of fifths, I'd have to check) but it's mad. Very 'Muse-y' too imo.

Talking of chord progressions, the ones in Take A Bow are my favourites. Don't know the exact amount of times it changes key (might go round the cycle of fifths, I'd have to check) but it's mad. Very 'Muse-y' too imo.

No wonder that during the writing and recording process it was labelled as "a key changing inferno".

Gosh, due the fact they're going to veer towards electronic and orchestral elements in their music again, if a good number of tracks will be in this style, I'm afraid I might not be able to handle it. :')

I'd call that riff more than decent, and the main point is certainly not the lyrics or the vocals. The instrumental is prime.

Would still be a shame though. I'd love it to be Reapers instead.

I agree. KOC is perfect festival fodder, or something to energise yourself with.