Ok i'm just gonna say it. Am i the only one on this forum left with a massive wtf face remembering you payed about 1000 dollars to see Muse this year (twice) and still bitch about them pretty much every day on a forum? If they became so shit why did you?

I really don't want to be mean but come on man reading your posts it's a massive contradiction.

You remember how much I post, but don't remember I clearly stated equally as often that I really loved Drones (the album) and the T2L tour?

I'd already dropped nearly all of the money (tickets, flights, hotels all non-refundable) before I knew what the tour would be like. I was actually just going to write it off as a loss, but the bf wanted to go.

That's the shit part about being first on the tour. Well, that and massive amounts of malfunctioning tech.

I've been into the band for a long time, and don't remember this poor quality of performance, lackluster gigs, and band members defending refusing to play "deep cuts" or fan favorites prior to the Drones-era.

The band's general attitude this cycle has also contributed to souring my opinion of them as a whole.

It's not a "contradiction" to pay for something and then be massively disappointed in it. On the contrary, paying a ton for something and getting a poor product is especially good reason to be sore about it.

It would only be a contradiction if I paid $1000+ to see them again next tour. Which I most certainly won't. Because, again, I *loved* the T2L tour and had no prior information that this one would blow.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Last arena tour was the same setlists with T2L songs instead of Drones. You might want to see deep cuts but the other 12k people filling the arena were there for Madness.

I think they sounded great and yeah there have been better times but i find excessive the amount of shit they are getting on this forum.

Last arena tour was the same setlists with T2L songs instead of Drones. You might want to see deep cuts but the other 12k people filling the arena were there for Madness.

I think they sounded great and yeah there have been better times but i find excessive the amount of shit they are getting on this forum.

T2L US tour had Map, Stockholm, New Born and Bliss in the rotation, and the sets were longer, performances better and an overall stage show that was more effective. I think it's fair to say that the US leg of the Drones tour was a dissapointment in comparison.

I didn't really get any of the big name "deep cuts" personally on the T2L tour (although US and Sunburn really aren't anything to sneeze at, I suppose, and I got SS, which nowdays I'd prefer to a lot of the rares) but it was the presentation of the songs more than the songs themselves.

I posted a video of my Map from T2L and my Map from Drones a while back (I'll see if I can find them again.) The differences are massive.

There's a big difference between an energetic Madness and a Madness with the frontman scowling at his feet. (And the idea that they can't play every hit in their catalogue AND CE in the same gig is still completely stupid, and obviously incorrect as they DID in fact do it at a few of the gigs.)

DC was slightly better, but not near T2L level, or even TR level. Philly was the first gig, and watching Matt's attitude and lack of effort during that show is something that I couldn't have anticipated, and I'll never forget the feeling it gave me being there.

His comments throughout the rest of the tour regarding setlists and rehearsals only further served to indicate how little the band seems to care anymore.

So that coupled with the train wreck that the stage show was, and the crowd being spread out/poor band visibility... I cannot remember seeing a gig, Muse or no, that felt so cold, impersonal and disengaged.

Even though the orbs actually worked in Philly (for I think the 2nd time on the tour...) only a fraction of the lights were working, and parts were noticeably hanging off of them. I remember being reminded of going to one of those sad county carnivals where they haul out those tatty semi-trailer carnival rides with all the paint chipping off and lights burned out.

T2L was vibrant and energetic. The stage show was impressive and ott, but didn't at all get in the way of the performance. I was on a gig high for days and days afterwards, yet horribly sad it was over.

Why would I not have expected that from Drones, where I liked the songs a lot better?

You should've seen it during the Resistance Tour, particularly for Matt's old "real fans" gem. Think that's still the most volatile reaction I've seen the fanbase have to something the band's done.

And I'm gonna have to disagree that the shit they got on this tour was undue. I enjoyed most of my gigs but it's not like Matt wasn't being a whiny dick pretty much right up until that week at the O2. Treating fans with contempt for poor energy (that was their fault), cancelling requests/promises whilst also complaining that "all people want is Madness", actively being a nob about said requests (Defector @ Brussels), putting in tons of blatantly half-arsed performances in the US? He did deserve the stick.

Edited by Jobby

People even complained about their Glastonbury gig, where you could clearly see they were having so much fun and especially Chris was having the time of his life. Just another day at the office i guess.

They brought back AP, CE and TAB to the regular sets on this tour btw.

Edited by White Heat

They brought back AP, CE and TAB to the regular sets on this tour btw.

*in Europe (and, even then, AP was only really regular at the 2015 festivals)

Changing the subject, according to setlist fm they soundchecked The Small Print in Amsterdam. Is that true?

Don't think so. Only soundcheck rumours I remember for TSP was at either Webster Hall or The Mayan but I think that turned out to be wrong as well.

I thought I heard they'd rehearsed Sing for Absolution, but maybe as I like it I just wanted to hear that they might be doing it.

I think the furthest we heard of that was Dom wanting to bring it back and trying to convince Matt. Probs safe to assume he just got rejected and that was that :chuckle:

• 3 weeks later...