#ShowbizFor2016 and #AssassinFor2016- how to carry on now

Claudia O

• 4 weeks later...

Matt just said in a french radio interview he hadn't even seen the #showbiz4bercy tag and "promimsed" they'd do a small gig in paris one day and play Showbiz...

wondering if our hashtags help at all in the end :chuckle: (but I'm bloody going to get it played in London dammit!!!!! :phu: #ShowbizForLondon)

Meh, I'm not sure whether to believe that or not tbh. He might not have personally seen it but he must have known about it, right? They managed to catch a whole bunch of unorganised hashtags and tweets last year so I find it hard to believe that no one saw or mentioned the biggest and most organised attempt from the fanbase so far.

Maybe it's not a coincidence that they 'didn't see it' both times this has been done for Showbiz (Manchester Academy + Bercy). I'll be taking my sign on the 12th of April anyway, hopefully he sees that :phu:

Make your sign really specific, so he doesn't just tell you the last place he played it, like those poor girls with Brussels.

Oh, I'm being super careful about how I word it, don't worry. The current draft has "THIS WEEK" involved twice, both in bold and underlined :chuckle:

I think he's just dodging the requests, tbh. Both the radio interview question, and the sign at Paris just put him in a position he found awkward, probably, and he said the first thing that popped into his head (the Brussels comment, forgetting how to play Showbiz, not seeing the Tweets, etc.) to avoid saying "no" to people's faces.

The random signs at gigs are easier for him to ignore in the collective 45 seconds his eyes are open.

Is this worth another final go before the next leg starts? We know Matt is now aware of demand for Showbiz thanks to that radio interview. I think Assassin is more likely, mind.

Meh, I dunno tbh.

They've all been aware of the demand for Showbiz since the Psycho Tour tbf, and they still haven't rehearsed it once. Considering Matt said he had no idea about the push before Bercy (which I doubt 'cause it was the biggest fan push I can think of), I'm not sure what good more tweets can do. Either he's telling the truth and he genuinely doesn't check or he knows and just ignores it.

The various excuses make me think it's just a case of him really not wanting to play it, though maybe the fact that he's now outright promised it to a future small gig in France is a sign that he might be up for it? Unless he was never planning on actually playing said small gig :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...