#ShowbizFor2016 and #AssassinFor2016- how to carry on now

Claudia O

Don't have Twitter.

Well I have one but it got hacked ages ago and I've just been letting it spam away.

Out of extreme curiousity is it spamming in Russian? That happened my friend. I was like "dude, why are you tweeting in Russian?" and he's all "I haven't been- uh oh".

Yeah, a lot of people (me included, I'll be getting one soon though I think) don't have Twitter so I wasn't expecting too much. Plus I imagine a fair amount of people who do just voted for the hell of it and never planned on joining in with the 'work' part of it :chuckle:

Hopefully even just 10-15 people regularly tweeting it should get noticed though. I don't totally know how Twitter works but it might even be worth directly messaging Glen (or just tweeting him if you can't do that) about the whole thing as well, if anyone wants to. I think I've seen a few people say he's probs the best person to mention these things to.

Yeah I reckon Glen and Tom Kirk are probably the best shouts, perhaps Dom Anderson too? It's quite rare that the band members or the (official twitter account) post anything.

That doesn't mean they dont see it though. It was just me spamming for Assassin the last time they played Belfast and Matt saw it.

Yeah, they very rarely reply to this kind of stuff to my knowledge (maybe so they don't 'spoil' what they're gonna do? idk) but they do tend to see it. I was just suggesting Glen as the person who might take heed the most. Tweeting anyone/everyone should at least get it noticed anyway though.

Ah I didn't realise they mentioned Assassin at Belfast, I just thought they played it out of the blue. Oh well then, it looks like they really do take notice. I could have sworn I heard Matt say something about Showbiz after Bliss at the Manchester gig but I never bothered watching the footage back.

So many people tweeting the hashtags, hopefully everyone will be able to hear at least one or the other!

I think he basically just said that they couldn't remember how to play it, and they hadn't had a chance to rehearse it before the gig.

"I didn't get the memo on that one" > Plays Dead Star

I think he basically just said that they couldn't remember how to play it, and they hadn't had a chance to rehearse it before the gig.

That was Dom afterwards but, yeah, that was pretty much the reason. They didn't find out people wanted it 'til they got there and people started asking for it as they went in.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, that's what people are like, take a couple of seconds to drop a vote but never plan on joining in because that's a little bit more effort and they assume other people'll do it for them. That, and the people who don't have Twitter or think it's 'morally wrong' (or sutin) etc. etc.

Still, given how consistently they seem to spot single requests, I reckon there's a decent chance at least one or two people have seen it. I think there were a few more people doing it when it first started as well(?) Only question is whether they'll bother to pay attention to it :chuckle: Like I said before though, it was always worth a try.

Cheers for any efforts people are making to gear back up for this (and anyone who's kept it up the entire time, jeez), hopefully it works :happy: I'd join in as well but I've been really ill lately and barely even been able to check the board, I shall if I get better in time though.