Worst 3-track span from each album

hairolfitri

What I meant was that this thread is for the worst 3-track span, for example my least favourite songs on Origin are Screenager and Feeling Good. Therefore the worst 3-track span has to be Screenager - Darkshines - Feeling Good, even though I love Darkshines.

Which is why worst doesn't necessarily have to mean bad. The worst 3 song span on Abso is TSP - Endlessly - TOADA, even though I like all three.

Because I like them less than the rest. Much like worst song on an album, which doesn't have to mean it's bad. I like every song on Absolution, but there's still one I like the least.

And they're not being put in a certain order, we're using the album order, just like you did for the IBTY-Exo thing. I never said anything about re-ordering songs.

I never said anything about re ordering either. If you think that is the worst track span is it because you like them less or they just don't sound good together? I didn't even know different songs sounded better with other songs.
I don't understand all of this confusion :LOL: You asked "And can you please explain to me why the order of what the songs are put in matters?", even though I hadn't said anything about the order.

It's because I like them less. I think that's the way most people do it.

Okay, say there are 5 songs which you all rate to your liking on a 1-10 scale:

Song A: 7

Song B: 6

Song C: 9

Song D: 6

Song E: 7

This means that, although I like almost all of them, I like songs A, B, D and E least. Those are therefore the worst songs of the album. The terms 'worse' and 'better' are relative.

The worst 3-track span of this selection of songs could then be either:

A, B, C

or

C, D, E

depending on your own preference. This means that although I like song C best, it could still be in my worst 3-track span, simply because it is surrounded by the worst songs (i.e. the songs I like least) of the album.

edit: You could also just put B, C, D because actually B and D have the lowest overall rating. But as I said above, it all comes down to your own choices and willingness to 'sacrifice' a good song.

Okay, say there are 5 songs which you all rate to your liking on a 1-10 scale:

Song A: 7

Song B: 6

Song C: 9

Song D: 6

Song E: 7

This means that, although I like almost all of them, I like songs A, B, D and E least. Those are therefore the worst songs of the album. The terms 'worse' and 'better' are relative.

The worst 3-track span of this selection of songs could then be either:

A, B, C

or

C, D, E

depending on your own preference. This means that although I like song C best, it could still be in my worst 3-track span, simply because it is surrounded by the worst songs (i.e. the songs I like least) of the album.

edit: You could also just put B, C, D because actually B and D have the lowest overall rating. But as I said above, it all comes down to your own choices and willingness to 'sacrifice' a good song.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

Just because you put a song in the worst 3-track span, doesn't mean it's bad, it's just included in a span of 3 songs that is weaker than the rest of the album.

What I'm trying to say is, how do some songs go better with other songs?

It doesn't matter if they go good with other songs, we're not even strictly talking about whether a song flows well with the next or previous song in the album - we're just talking about what 3 consecutively-placed songs in an album is the weakest.

We are not comparing how good a song would sound if placed before or after another song - that's inconsequential. We are comparing the span of 3 tracks in all of Muse's albums – which 3 tracks placed in a row are the weakest as compared to the next span of 3 tracks. It's as simple as this. You don't have to go so in depth as to compare a song when placed next to another song.

Based on your first post here, I think you've already gotten the concept, you just refuse to list 3 tracks on the basis that Muse is so divine that no 3 tracks in a span are weak to you.

Showbiz: Sober, Escape, Overdue

Origin of Symmetry: Screenager, Dark Shines, Feeling Good

Absolution: Blackout, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print

Black Holes & Revelations: Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, MOTP

Resistance: Undisclosed Desires, USoE, Guiding Light

The 2nd Law: Save Me, Liquid State, Unsustainable

Drones: Dead Inside, Psycho, Mercy (I actually really like Revolt and Aftermath)

BHAR and Drones pained me.