2016.01.09 - Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV, USA

halo eighteen

I agree, the Phoenix show would have been cancelled/postponed due to ticket sales if that was truly the reason. The arena out in Glendale is a long drive for casual fans so their choice of venues contributed to a non-sold out performance. The show was absolutely phenomenal despite the empty seats! The issues in Dallas were non-existent here so really, I understand their need to postpone some shows. Seriously, if you can reschedule around work or whatever, do so.

Local reviews for that show:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/5-incredible-things-we-saw-at-the-muse-concert-7878249

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2015/12/06/muse-concert-review-drones-tour-glendale/76883136/

I got lucky when explaining to my employer my plans for San Diego were thwarted, and he agreed to give me the January days off instead! I am so ecstatic about the Arizona show, Ill see them in San Diego and will most likely continue on to Vegas!

Ugh, I've become a Muse drone...

I've been pretty worried about Philly and DC, myself. One of the two gets cancelled last minute, and there won't be time to reschedule, and they're the last gigs of the tour.

Would be *smart* if they announced now, so maybe they could sell out tickets to remaining gigs with the displaced people... But probably not profitable, sadly.

I know what you mean. I am worried about Philly/DC too. DC is the next day, correct? Maybe Philly is a safer choice, is what I have booked, but damn my nerves are not my friends after all those shifts people are experiencing

If this really had to do with poor ticket sales, then wouldn't they just have cancelled it outright instead of rescheduling? Several other US dates are selling really poorly, and they haven't rescheduled those.

It's honestly pretty obvious - they've just figured out that playing back-to-back shows in different cities with substantial travel in between doesn't work. The Dallas show was severely delayed for exactly that reason, and I don't see the need to speculate that they're motivated by anything other than that concern. Why they didn't figure that out when scheduling in the first place is a mystery, but so is a lot of how they scheduled and announced this tour. Now the real question becomes whether they'll end up rescheduling the other back-to-back shows (Chicago/Detroit and Philly/DC), or if they figure they'll have streamlined the process more by then or something...I'm sure fans in those places would appreciate more than a few days notice, but with the way this tour scheduling has gone....

Actually Muse have already gotten paid. Their booking fees are probably in the 250-500k region per show. It's up to the promoters to try to either break even or make a profit in ticket sales. Cancelling a show would translate in loss in revenue. So in the Vegas example, they are gambling on the fact that they might sell few more tickets moving the show to a saturday show and being in January instead of December.

This tour is probably operating at a loss, by the end of this 360 tour, they might not even be able to break even. So, that's the reason why you see Muse playing at festivals .......

We've held onto our tickets... We just bought another set of flights from Vancouver again! Hotel is booked again! Last trip was 100% paid and since there was no concert... We lost at gambling as well.. :LOL:

Looks like ticket sales are about the same again, hopefully people will take some of that Christmas money and buy up some more tickets. If forbid the show got cancelled again.......... I would go absolutely crazy! This is now going to be the most expensive concert we've ever attended, even more then flying to London and back for another band on tour 3 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't watched Hullabaloo in awhile, but reminded me how great Muscle Museum & Citizen Erased sound live, so here it is. In no particular order, the best 20 songs live:

Psycho

Reapers

Handler

Citizen Erased

Muscle Museum

Unintended

New Born

Space Dementia

Plug In Baby

Apoclypse Please

Hysteria

Blackout

Sing For Absolution

Ruled By Secrecy

Assassin

United States Of Eurasia

Supremacy

Survival

Uprising

Knights Of Cydonia

Going to this one after all. Fuck it. YOLO, or whatever the kids are saying these days. :chuckle:

Awesome! We decided to hang on to the tickets and go as well. Mandalay Bay gave us a great room deal through MLife after I explained that we flew down once already for the concert and now we were doing it again.

Flights booked,room booked two more weeks to go! It also looks like tickets are selling a little better this time around.

What's the general consensus, think they're gonna make it up to the fans for the delay and do something special for SD/LV?

We went to Vegas despite the cancellation and we met up with a ton of fans that had already arrived before the cancellation. Hope they do something, for their sake.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

As a heads-up, this is the reply I received from TicketsToday after contacting their customer service email for a refund.

Hello,

We are no longer issuing refunds for this show as of 12.18.2015.

Thank you.

Scott

Ticketing Customer Service Department

I ended up having to call them (1-800-594-8499) and speak to a manager to get my refund. No reason given for the arbitrary date.

As much as I love Vegas, can't justify going again so soon for what will most likely be another mediocre-at-best setlist.

Awesome! We decided to hang on to the tickets and go as well. Mandalay Bay gave us a great room deal through MLife after I explained that we flew down once already for the concert and now we were doing it again.

Flights booked,room booked two more weeks to go! It also looks like tickets are selling a little better this time around.

Damn, I didn't think of doing that. I'm going to have to say something when I check in. Maybe they will upgrade my room. You know, be nice and cute about it and not complaining about it. lol

Damn, I didn't think of doing that. I'm going to have to say something when I check in. Maybe they will upgrade my room. You know, be nice and cute about it and not complaining about it. lol

Did you already book your room? If you're an M-Life member check your offers. They have some really good deals for Mandalay for that weekend.

Did you already book your room? If you're an M-Life member check your offers. They have some really good deals for Mandalay for that weekend.

I did. I got a really good deal on a nice room because I booked as soon as the show was cancelled. But, I think I may try to upgrade the room when I check in.

I did. I got a really good deal on a nice room because I booked as soon as the show was cancelled. But, I think I may try to upgrade the room when I check in.

Good idea! I booked a standard room but I got an email afterwards that I was upgraded to a suite. :awesome: So I think your chances are pretty good-- seems like Mandalay has a bit less traffic that weekend.

Good idea! I booked a standard room but I got an email afterwards that I was upgraded to a suite. :awesome: So I think your chances are pretty good-- seems like Mandalay has a bit less traffic that weekend.

I was able to upgrade to a suite at the Delano. Excited for this weekend. I know it sucks that they reschedule these shows (Vegas and SD) but it's been nice to have them to look forward to.

Hello Musers!

I was originally attending the original san diego show, then I was going to the reschedule, but now I'll be attending tonight's show haha

Does anyone have any tips for the show/venue? I've been inside mandalay bay a few times but never to the arena. How early should I arrive to get front row on the floor?

EDIT:

I am in line right now and it's pretty large so if anyone was thinking of waiting, dont.

Edited by bob122577