2016.04.03 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

WTF is wrong with people in the seats? Hardly anyone stood up in my area (Level 1, Block T at the end of the 'B-Stage' where Matt first appears). I was going mental in my seat; but I think everyone around me thought I was mad. I think THEY were mad for not getting into it! I think my heart truly belongs in the Pit (but I'm getting old and was there with my kids. Who were totally into it with me!).

Crowd was a bit lacklustre where I was too, until the end when sudden mosh pit for Knights.

I seemed to be surrounded by very casual fans who got super excited during the Supermassive-Starlight-FG-Madness run, and then again at the end, but were completely dead for, and even seemingly a bit confused by, everything else.

A couple of guys in front of me got incredibly excited when The Globalist started because they thought it was Knights of Cydonia. They looked distraught when the vocals started and then spent the rest of the song talking about how it 'sounded familiar'.

Good gig. Oddly, after six years and nine previous gigs, this was my first ever time seeing Muse in an arena. Pretty cool. Wasn't crazy about the setlist (no PIB, that aforementioned awful run and Feeling Good in place of Birmingham's Citizen Erased, seriously) although was very happy to hear The Globalist.

WTF is wrong with people in the seats? Hardly anyone stood up in my area (Level 1, Block T at the end of the 'B-Stage' where Matt first appears). I was going mental in my seat; but I think everyone around me thought I was mad. I think THEY were mad for not getting into it! I think my heart truly belongs in the Pit (but I'm getting old and was there with my kids. Who were totally into it with me!).

The crowd were truly awful!! The man behind us actually told us off for standing, which really put a downer on us (for a couple of songs anyway!). I wasn't going to be stopped though and got up and screamed along despite how dire the others in my area were - there were literally only 7 other people standing. I am too 'old' for the stands these days - but even the people down there seemed quiet :stunned:

where were your seats?

We were level 1, block 115 row T. There was a railing in front of us that stopped me falling over a few times :LOL:

I'm hoping the crowd will be a bit more lively when I go again next Tuesday! I just hope the band couldn't see how boring people were!

I have only been to one other MUSE gig which was at Wembley in 2007 I think - very different experience as you coudl see and feel more of the crowd.

I think I woudl agree the people standing at the front were relaxed in comaprison to 2007 - only Knights got a massive reaction.

Show started 8.40 and definitley finished closer to 10.25 by my reckoning.

As for standing in seated area - always a touchy subject. The block 100 tickets are expensive at £75 - so unless everyone was standing I don't think you can moan - particularly when there is a standing section for the gig.

Bugger, chances of getting Bliss again on Friday are pretty low then :( If we don't get that or Hysteria I will feel cheated.

Wonder when Matt will realise that most of us hate Madness and Undisclosed Desires? And will we ever hear another closer? Knights is fab though...just happens every gig..although when they did Starlight as a closer it didn't work. Answered my own question there really.

Looking forward to it lots even though I am in the boring seats, wish I had waited & got standing, should have known they'd announce more dates later

I have only been to one other MUSE gig which was at Wembley in 2007 I think - very different experience as you coudl see and feel more of the crowd.

I think I woudl agree the people standing at the front were relaxed in comaprison to 2007 - only Knights got a massive reaction.

Show started 8.40 and definitley finished closer to 10.25 by my reckoning.

As for standing in seated area - always a touchy subject. The block 100 tickets are expensive at £75 - so unless everyone was standing I don't think you can moan - particularly when there is a standing section for the gig.

I can't stand for more than a few minutes so I would be mightily pissed if someone stood up in the seat in front of me for the whole show.:mad:

My friend and I are going on the 14th standing, but I'll be two weeks off of 16. How strict were they on ID at the concerts they've already done at the o2? And any tips for getting in?

Aaah bless! I've taken my lads onto the floor when they've been 14 and 15 and we weren't asked for ID. It probably depends on whether you look young or old for your age. Suggest you go in at doors open time 6.30, when the majority of people are arriving. Haven't you got a friend whose ID you can borrow? They're v unlikely to scrutinise the photo. Good luck

Aaah bless! I've taken my lads onto the floor when they've been 14 and 15 and we weren't asked for ID. It probably depends on whether you look young or old for your age. Suggest you go in at doors open time 6.30, when the majority of people are arriving. Haven't you got a friend whose ID you can borrow? They're v unlikely to scrutinise the photo. Good luck

Ah thankyou. I do have a friend that looks like me, but she looks really different in her passport photo, honestly anyone who looks at the photo for more than two seconds can see it's not me, but I do have a photo of it on my phone just in case.

Thanks for the advice ☺️☺️

Is there a barrier to stop people from the seated area going down to the standing area if they wanted?

at the O2? I think there were lots of different entrances and you have to show them your ticket :) My friend and I were really high up on Sunday but then we saw the entire spectacle with all the lights and things which was absolutely awesome, even though we could barely see the band at all. I'm still on cloud nine tbh :)

Is there a barrier to stop people from the seated area going down to the standing area if they wanted?

From my experience at Manchester Arena, there's security stood on the stairs down to standing that check your tickets. If you're seated, they won't let you through to standing. Course, if your ticket's for the upper tiers, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even be able to get through to the stairs in the first place.