2015.12.15 - Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, USA

halo eighteen

http://muse.mu/tour-dates,oracle-arena-oakland-california_1962.htm

http://www.ticketmaster.com/muse-drones-world-tour-oakland-california-12-15-2015/event/1C004F301F31D723?artistid=1400322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

presale 9/23 10am

general onsale 9/25 10am

prices: $51.15 - $88.60

support act: Phantogram

Edited by halo eighteen

I've never been to a stadium show and I'm still not sure if I want to.

Has anyone enjoyed them contrary to their expectations?

I have thoroughly enjoyed the show's I've seen at Oracle Arena and one in Texas at a fairly large venue as well. Oracle didn't feel like a "stadium" show at all.

Hi Jessica! Laurel is done with the quarter in LA the week before the show, so I think we'll bring our little Mayan signs--do you think they'll work again???

Is anyone planing on buying the VIP tickets? I haven't decided yet. Do you need a code for the VIP, and if so, do you think it's the same code we received?

Hi Jessica! Laurel is done with the quarter in LA the week before the show, so I think we'll bring our little Mayan signs--do you think they'll work again???

Is anyone planing on buying the VIP tickets? I haven't decided yet. Do you need a code for the VIP, and if so, do you think it's the same code we received?

Hey!! Oooh, you should give it a go! :awesome:

The Little Animal...

It's worth pointing out that Oracle Arena is **not** a stadium. Not even close. Stadiums are generally 60K+ people (think of places where football games are held in the US) - in the SF bay area that's the nearby O.co coliseum. Arenas, by contrast, are in the 20K range (think of places where basketball or hockey games are held in the US).

I've seen a lot of shows in stadiums over the years, including Muse a couple times... and they absolutely killed it. I've also seen countless shows in arenas, including Muse at Oracle arena a few times - they've all been good shows.

Muse benefits greatly from not only being a great live band but by having a really fantastic sound guy named Marc Carolan who's been with them for more than a decade, he can make even the lousiest venues sound great.

Having seen them in venues of all shapes and sizes over the years, my advice is see them wherever you can :)

Just bought my ticket :dance:

I used the TicketsToday link since that's what was linked from the main site.

And in the confirmation email:

With every ticket purchased online for Muse, you'll receive a choice of either a standard physical or standard digital copy of their new album, Drones. Ticket purchasers will receive instructions via email on how to redeem their album within 10-14 business days after their order.
Edited by supra

Got nice seats, section 128 which is right in the center row 18 (which apparently is better than some got with VIP). The $220 for VIP didn't seem worth it to me. If you're seated, you don't need to rush there early anyway.

Woot! Go section 128! I got row 22.

Got my tickets! I hedged my bets and was refreshing both Ticketmaster and the TicketsToday sites and TicketsToday ended up going through without a hitch (glad to have a TM alternative). What I really liked was I was also trying to get tickets for a coworker and her boyfriend who wanted seats (I wanted GA) and the TicketsToday site let me do both at once. So convenient!

This will be my 5th show :D:\mm/:

Woot! Go section 128! I got row 22.

Same section/row I got for my coworker!

The Little Animal...

It's worth pointing out that Oracle Arena is **not** a stadium. Not even close. Stadiums are generally 60K+ people (think of places where football games are held in the US) - in the SF bay area that's the nearby O.co coliseum. Arenas, by contrast, are in the 20K range (think of places where basketball or hockey games are held in the US).

I've seen a lot of shows in stadiums over the years, including Muse a couple times... and they absolutely killed it. I've also seen countless shows in arenas, including Muse at Oracle arena a few times - they've all been good shows.

Muse benefits greatly from not only being a great live band but by having a really fantastic sound guy named Marc Carolan who's been with them for more than a decade, he can make even the lousiest venues sound great.

Having seen them in venues of all shapes and sizes over the years, my advice is see them wherever you can :)

Ha, thanks. I'll get my venue vocabulary right next time.

Did you Happen to see them at the Concourse Design Center in SF in 2006. Cause the sound at that show was unbearably bad.