Interview for radio 1live with Matt and Dom

Claudia O

I dunno... she seemed confident enough about her statement to interrupt the songwriter and clarify that she meant the lyrics. :LOL:

The verses illustrate a "dark" view of the world, and it's the choruses that are about "revolting" and overcoming (and the very obvious point of the song.)

Apparently if an entire song isn't about kittens sneezing rainbows, it counts as dark.

At first when Matt gave her the "you're wrong" I was thinking, well, that was a little rude... but no, apparently he's a fucking prophet. :chuckle:

If you watch it again, she quotes the lyrics to Revolt directly, so she's got the right song. Maybe she's just got a short attention span? :LOL:

Well, if you take Revolt lyrics out of their soundscape (which entirely gives positive vibes), they sound indeed darkish (but the chorus, obviously):

"Can you hear a distant thunder? /

Taste earth's blood and anger/..."

I dunno... she seemed confident enough about her statement to interrupt the songwriter and clarify that she meant the lyrics. :LOL:

The verses illustrate a "dark" view of the world, and it's the choruses that are about "revolting" and overcoming (and the very obvious point of the song.)

Apparently if an entire song isn't about kittens sneezing rainbows, it counts as dark.

At first when Matt gave her the "you're wrong" I was thinking, well, that was a little rude... but no, apparently he's a fucking prophet. :chuckle:

Well, the lyrics are only dark in the verses (or at least I fail to see the "darkness" in the choruses :chuckle:), so I don't really understand that, she could've refer to the darkness of the lyrics with any other example, but Revolt... :LOL: :LOL:

I can get why Matt seemed pissed off, if he intended the song to be positive :LOL:

Are interviews like that usually spontaneous or do they get the questions in advance? If they did, then it would explain his "you're wrong" quite well. :LOL:

I think it was an off the cuff joke more than anything tbh, looked spontaneous to me, especially her "what the fuck is wrong with you, you weirdo" face :LOL: