Think it's funny the amount of board members that hated Aftermath and now a day or so on they're like "actually... It's really good"

I like the start, i don't like the bit when Bellamy goes full eurovision/stadium boy band 'for this moment'

This album has many memorable lyrics for better or worse... On the outside I'm the greatest guy, your ass belongs to me now, save me from the ghosts and shadows before they eat my soul, incidentally electronically erased, I must dissociate from you, your blood is blue and your mind's turned green and your belly is all yellow, you can grow states are crumbling walls are rising high again, there's no countries left to fight and conquer, now you can kill from the safety of your home with drones.

Takes a bow...

It met my very low expectations after T2L. Composition wise, there's very little on offer. It's a ten track album, several of which are recycled versions of older songs, live riffs, classical pieces and other random tunes.

On top of the lack of original thought, the lyrics, style and overall tone are embarrassingly juvenile. It's comparable to the diary of a thirteen year old: Pretentious and emotional to the point of nausea. I actually laughed a couple of times throughout the album, at moments that I was obviously meant to take very seriously.

Reapers and The Handler are decent. A couple of other tracks are alright, but as has been the trend since Absolution, the worst songs just get worse and worse with every album, and it's getting hard to keep taking them seriously. (I'm looking at you, Revolt and Aftermath).

And you know the worst thing? People will still say they love it, and tell Matt he's doing a great job, and the next album will be just another step away from what they used to be. (They were awesome. They're trying their best to make me forget how awesome they were, but I won't)

all i know is i've never joined a band message board 9 years after they did the last thing i ever enjoyed, no less still complaining 12 years later.

it's not that you are wrong. as opinions cannot be. i just wonder why people like you stick around. i never told anyone on the killers board that i thought they were shit when they passed me by, i gracefully disappeared and enjoy the old stuff. ;)

Starting to think the Queen elements actually work in the context of the whole album, as the places they show up are around the time when the protagonist is rebelling and both the Defector and Revolt seem to convey a sense of euphoria. After this they cease during the more melancholy track Aftermath until the lament of Drones (if we consider the Globalist as seperate from the narrative).

However, still dont rate Revolt at all :LOL:

This shit is addictive. I say "OK, let's listen to Reapers one more time" Then start Defector, then Revolt (i don't hate that track), Aftermath is the prelude of the amazing Globalist... and another half hour in where don't do anything.

Starting to think the Queen elements actually work in the context of the whole album, as the places they show up are around the time when the protagonist is rebelling and both the Defector and Revolt seem to convey a sense of euphoria. After this they cease during the more melancholy track Aftermath until the lament of Drones (if we consider the Globalist as seperate from the narrative).

However, still dont rate Revolt at all :LOL:

Intersting perspective, I think I would agree with it too.

This shit is addictive. I say "OK, let's listen to Reapers one more time" Then start Defector, then Revolt (i don't hate that track), Aftermath is the prelude of the amazing Globalist... and another half hour in where don't do anything.

I've been doing this too. I try and listen to one song and end up listening to most the album :LOL:

Intersting perspective, I think I would agree with it too.

Wow, the first bit of positive feedback I think I've ever had on the board! :D

Yeah it's probably what was in mind, and i'm not saying people can't still dislike the songs because of it (as I said, I think Revolt is very weak), but I feel like that would be Matt's justification for the inclusion of the more flamboyant elements of those tracks and in a sense, I can see how it works when you play the album in it's entirety a couple of times.

This. Except I usually skip Revolt :chuckle:

You say that like we have more info that it will be heavy?? What's made you consider it?

Matt said this evening that they'd play a 'unique' heavy set at Download. Got chatting about it with my best mate and were thinking about possibly going now.

Edit: I see Jess told you :)