A string 1s should be 2s

Chorus (x2)

E|---------------------------------------------
B|---------------------------------------------
G|---------------------------------------------
D|---------------------------------------------
A|----------------------1-3-333-------------3\2
d|3-5-555----2-3-333---------------3-5-555--3\2

I actually thought the verses were a bit different but hearing the Exeter one the tabbed version seems the most accurate. I guess I'll just add that the last A string fret in the bridge riff sounds like a 5 instead of 0. And just for the beef the chorus is all on the D string.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

So I currently am the holder of the highest rated version of reapers on ultimate guitar, and I am really happy with how good I've got it sounding. The one part that I really just can't get, is in the solo, after Matt has done his muted scratching with the slow increase on the whammy, he makes that cool 'wow' sound. From watching videos, it looks like it is created around the 5th fret, and with multiple strings, and judging by the lack of movement in matts hand along with the nature of the sound, it is pretty likely it is created with the whammy. I was wondering, is the fret barred at all? Are they natural harmonics? Is it the whammy that makes the sound?

Basically, just how does one create a sound that is similar to that one?

Thanks

Hi All,

So I currently am the holder of the highest rated version of reapers on ultimate guitar, and I am really happy with how good I've got it sounding. The one part that I really just can't get, is in the solo, after Matt has done his muted scratching with the slow increase on the whammy, he makes that cool 'wow' sound. From watching videos, it looks like it is created around the 5th fret, and with multiple strings, and judging by the lack of movement in matts hand along with the nature of the sound, it is pretty likely it is created with the whammy. I was wondering, is the fret barred at all? Are they natural harmonics? Is it the whammy that makes the sound?

Basically, just how does one create a sound that is similar to that one?

Thanks

It's whammy octave up slowly ascending during the scratching part, then quickly drop it down after you hit the harmonics. And yeah it is the 5th fret harmonics on the top 3 strings.

I play a harmonic on the 7th fret of the G string and put the whammy (set to +1) up really quickly then let it down slower, if that makes sense. It's not spot on but close-ish.

It's whammy octave up slowly ascending during the scratching part, then quickly drop it down after you hit the harmonics. And yeah it is the 5th fret harmonics on the top 3 strings.

Ahh I see. I think a combination of these is working nicely for me! I think my issue before was that I was using harmonics on the 5th fret but letting off the +1 way too fast and so it just sounded pretty poor. Harmonics on the 5th on DAD and leaning off the pedal a bit slower are sounding much better! Thanks guys