off wikipedia

Cymbals

Dom uses a selection of Zildjian cymbals. Over the years his tastes in cymbals have changed - for example, on the Hullabaloo DVD he uses 13" A Custom Projection hi-hats, 8" A Custom splash, 11" FX Oriental "Trash" Splash, 18" and 19" A Custom Crashes, 18" FX Oriental China Trash and a 22" K Custom Ride, whereas more recent performances have seen the addition of a 20" FX Oriental Crash of Doom, hung above his hi-hats, and 14" K Custom Special Dry Hi-Hats replace - and contrast - the A Customs. Lately the A Custom splash has been changed out in favour of an 8" A Splash. He has discontinued using the Crash Of Doom as of the Black Holes period, and now uses a 22" K Custom Medium Ride in live situations (and for recording).

For recording he uses darker K or K Custom crashes while he often retains the brighter A Customs in live performances for their increased "cut" (Ks were used at Live 8).

off wikipedia

Cymbals

Dom uses a selection of Zildjian cymbals. Over the years his tastes in cymbals have changed - for example, on the Hullabaloo DVD he uses 13" A Custom Projection hi-hats, 8" A Custom splash, 11" FX Oriental "Trash" Splash, 18" and 19" A Custom Crashes, 18" FX Oriental China Trash and a 22" K Custom Ride, whereas more recent performances have seen the addition of a 20" FX Oriental Crash of Doom, hung above his hi-hats, and 14" K Custom Special Dry Hi-Hats replace - and contrast - the A Customs. Lately the A Custom splash has been changed out in favour of an 8" A Splash. He has discontinued using the Crash Of Doom as of the Black Holes period, and now uses a 22" K Custom Medium Ride in live situations (and for recording).

For recording he uses darker K or K Custom crashes while he often retains the brighter A Customs in live performances for their increased "cut" (Ks were used at Live 8).

we know all that. :p

The stuff in bold is wrong.

he hasnt used the crash of doom for over a year

he alternates (depending on mood/venue) between the 22" K Custom Medium Ride and 22" A custom ride.

and same with the crashes. he shuffles them about - he doesnt stick to a particular configuration anymore.

Ks were used at live 8, a custom efx were used at eurockennes a customs were used elsewhere etc...

excellent!

And I have Knights of cydonia perfected!

Now i need to buy me some new gear and ill record it. :D

At Last!:happy:

Did you end up shrinking your feet?, Or did you steal dom's feet while he was sleeping and replaced his with yours? Oh dear.. Wembley is Ruined!:LOL:

you mean you're £600 worth of replacements? :LOL:

yeah :$

haha

nah - £250 ish worth...

At Last!:happy:

Did you end up shrinking your feet?, Or did you steal dom's feet while he was sleeping and replaced his with yours? Oh dear.. Wembley is Ruined!:LOL:

So it wasnt a case of bad feet after all?

I physically cant play heel-toe (which dom does) so thats why its taken so long :LOL:

And alyssa, ill watch your video when im back home this evening...gotta go work...:D

i have to get up at 6.50 now.

leave the house by 7.50

get to work for 8.30

tis a wee bit gay and after these three weeks of training ill have to be up earlier to get to work for 8.

:stunned:

:stunned: Where are you working?

:stunned: Where are you working?

Ice Cream Man!

He' gets a van and everything! :LOL:

.....or not

at 7.45am? :stunned:

I work at hotpoint - so if your oven/washing machine/dishwasher/fridge etc goes skew-wiff then you give me a call and I book out an engineer :D

Good work on the video Alyssa....

It looks as though youve near enough got it but I couldnt hear your drums over the mix of the song! :(

And also - your tom is at a really bizzare angle...:p

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a girl. :)

Yeah, the song is a bit too loud. :/ I'll make sure to keep it down when I do the GOB edit next time. :D

And my toms? :LOL: Eh... I'm really short, so I can't really reach it they're tilted more upwards. :LOL:

I haven't really tried arranging it in a while to eh... accommodate my size, haha. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's a really cheap set from one of those brands you've never heard of. It doesn't set up right anyway. My dad won't let me buy a new kit though, even though I've got the money. :/