It's weird, because I see the opposite, and it's a thing I like about Muse. Matt writes about depressing things, but things tend to turn out hopeful in the end.

Whether it's the same character or not, it's two different endings, not a straight timeline.

It would be like Harry Potter ending with Happily Ever After, but then the last chapter sees Harry decide "fuck it, I'm a damn wizard!" Join Voldemort, and take over the world.

I mean, that might have been more realistic...

The last two albums have had depressing endings to their respective "loose" narratives, Absolution did too. If anything this album is the inverse of the last book in that series, the series ends with...

Voldemort killing Harry as the main narrative, then the continuation is Harry actually not having died and kills Voldy.

Bummer, I was pretty excited for something evolving from all of that!

I don't know that Muse would be particularly interested in doing something like that anyways, but who knows?

I think this album would be perfectly served by something like Sigur Ros' video project for Valtari, at least conceptually. Hire a random director to film artsy video interpretations of each song that hasn't already been done.

I think this album would be perfectly served by something like Sigur Ros' video project for Valtari, at least conceptually. Hire a random director to film artsy video interpretations of each song that hasn't already been done.

Oh god no. It works with Sigur Ros because they're not beating you over the head with their message, and because their music has some semblance of subtlety.

Oh god no. It works with Sigur Ros because they're not beating you over the head with their message, and because their music has some semblance of subtlety.

but it's all gibberish 'Hopelandic' :LOL: that's not to say it's bad, but I think given a rather strict theme, there are many artsy ways of directing videos to capture the essence of each track.

I'm aboard, as long as there is no more interpretive dancing!

I think it would be cool. I might grab some stock footage and try it.

I think it would be cool. I might grab some stock footage and try it.

If you're going to go the stock footage route, I think it would be a cool effort to see an interpretation of The Globalist. I could imagine some old black and white film cuts + Charlie Chaplin type stuff in there.

If you're going to go the stock footage route, I think it would be a cool effort to see an interpretation of The Globalist. I could imagine some old black and white film cuts + Charlie Chaplin type stuff in there.

Stock footage and maybe some simple imagery like in the Mercy video. Keep in mind I'm throwing around ideas not confirming I'm actually doing anything.

Stock footage and maybe some simple imagery like in the Mercy video. Keep in mind I'm throwing around ideas not confirming I'm actually doing anything.

I can confirm that you aren't confirming anything. My gut tells me that your ideas are solid. lol don't worry about it you'll see

I'm aboard, as long as there is no more interpretive dancing!

I feel like I'm the only one who loved the dance. Maybe cos I'm a dancer...

I'm getting tired of that too. It ruined the Undisclosed Desires video for me, especially with all of the weird crotch shots... :(

Yeah, the UD dance was weird but DI was much better imo

but it's all gibberish 'Hopelandic' :LOL: that's not to say it's bad, but I think given a rather strict theme, there are many artsy ways of directing videos to capture the essence of each track.

That doesn't mean there isn't a theme, but whatever, point being that what we've seen from this album has been so painfully literal that an artsy weirdo music video would feel horribly out of place. Or maybe it wouldn't. I'm just bringing up how terrible the lyrics have been.