Yikes... that's pretty bullshit, I didn't know that. LAX is always my end destination so I haven't had to do that :LOL:

America's starting to go green... :doobie:

If my state goes medicinal, I'll probably actually get an Rx for it.

Of course, then I'll probably get lung cancer, on top of everything else. :twitchy:

So anyone know what we're getting on the 29th version Jools holland? Probably dead inside? (I always thought each artists always gets at least 3 songs on the first showing then a additional one later, but we only got psycho and mercy for today with Jools?)

It'll be cool to get Dead Inside and Reapers! Idk though.

I thought psycho was a awesome/funny performance (CLASSIC indeed!) and Muse is slowly winning me over with their mercy performance today.

(Thank god for autocorrect on iPhones I've taken a too many shots right now.)

I remember folks giving Reapers a hard time because the outro was basically the Freedom outro they were covering last tour. I was thinking about it and maybe it's kind of intentional? it sort of feels like a mirror to that riff. In the original he screams 'Freedom' over it while they play and with the Reapers ending they scream 'Control'. I was just thinking it might be a nod to it and how its similar but warped and darker. I dunno, think that's kinda cool.

Also, did the Mercy lyric video remind anyone else of the visuals they used for Dark Shines at Reading '11?

I remember folks giving Reapers a hard time because the outro was basically the Freedom outro they were covering last tour. I was thinking about it and maybe it's kind of intentional? it sort of feels like a mirror to that riff. In the original he screams 'Freedom' over it while they play and with the Reapers ending they scream 'Control'. I was just thinking it might be a nod to it and how its similar but warped and darker. I dunno, think that's kinda cool.

Also, did the Mercy lyric video remind anyone else of the visuals they used for Dark Shines at Reading '11?

Yes and yes. It was definitely inspired by that and they wanted to incorporate that into the record imo since those riffs are a huge part of their live show. It's also a nod to the subject matter. And it works perfectly, too.

It's not like the freedom riff is particularly unique in the first place. I'd say that the reapers outro is a good deal more interesting.

Yeah. Agreed. I still think Matt's playing a riff that's like the intro to Yes Please before the riff kicks in there too, so there may be more depth still there too.

Hi, first post here, I was wondering if the special thing that's supposed to happen on Friday(besides later...) is just a new ARG like the one of USoE.

Cheers from Venezuela :)

We really don't know anymore than you do. Okay, some people here do, but they're not talking. :erm:

Anyways, is there a GOOD video of Psycho out there? I keep hearing it's killer live, but the vids I've watched so far have been kinda weak.

Yeah. Agreed. I still think Matt's playing a riff that's like the intro to Yes Please before the riff kicks in there too, so there may be more depth still there too.

He tends to play the open D-string or let it ring during a lot of the build-up to the big riff in Reapers, which is sort of the same thing he does in the first few seconds of Yes Please, similar rhythm too. Other than that though, the two have different chords (Matt plays seemingly pretty random ones during Reapers).

We really don't know anymore than you do. Okay, some people here do, but they're not talking. :erm:

Anyways, is there a GOOD video of Psycho out there? I keep hearing it's killer live, but the vids I've watched so far have been kinda weak.

I agree. The riff has sounded messy compared to when they would jam it, and Dom's drums have sounded so quiet and flat to me.

Might seem weak through videos but it's pretty beefy and fun when you're actually there, drags on for a bit though.

As for videos though, aside from the vocals, Big Weekend was pretty good.

The vocals are kind of a big part of it, though...

Yep, I said it before, I don't like Psycho live because of that. And because I absolutely love Psycho vocals in the studio version (actually, in all of the songs of the album), I find it more frustrating :LOL:

What's so good about seeing Psycho live is the crowd and how everyone responds to the riff/chorus. If you're watching it on Youtube or sitting in the seats all the way in the back bobbing your head I could see why it's not your favorite but Psycho was honestly one of the best songs i've ever seen live in a pit.

What's so good about seeing Psycho live is the crowd and how everyone responds to the riff/chorus. If you're watching it on Youtube or sitting in the seats all the way in the back bobbing your head I could see why it's not your favorite but Psycho was honestly one of the best songs i've ever seen live in a pit.

I love pits! But I've not experienced a "Psycho" one, so I want a good performance to get hyped! :LOL::LOL:.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2015/5/muse-drones-album-review-by-jane-gazzo/ - some comments from Chris and a track-by-track

DRONES – track by track:

Dead Inside - Opens the album with a pulverising almost electro stomp. We meet the album’s protagonist.

Drill Sargent [sample]

Psycho – That killer guitar-riff. Easily one of the highlight tracks from the album.

Mercy - Dominated by beautiful piano. Our protagonist fears ‘men in cloaks, trying to devour my soul.’

Reapers – Muse head back into their familiar prog-rock territory and a rousing chorus “killed by Drones.”

The Handler – The climax of the album, veering into rock-opera territory. Our protagonist must dis-associate from the forces.

JFK [audio]

Defector – Muse wear their Queen influences on their sleeves. Our protagonist has fled.

Revolt – A chorus of a thousand singers “You’ve got strength, you’ve got soul.”

Aftermath – The cigarette lighter live ballad. Echoes of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon.

The Globalist – Longest track on the album with hints of Italian spaghetti western riffs a la Knights of Cydonia. The protagonist is left alone with nobody to love.

Drones – Closing a capella track on the album, sung in a round. Is our protagonist dead or has he just become numb?

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2015/5/muse-drones-album-review-by-jane-gazzo/ - some comments from Chris and a track-by-track

DRONES – track by track:

Dead Inside - Opens the album with a pulverising almost electro stomp. We meet the album’s protagonist.

Drill Sargent [sample]

Psycho – That killer guitar-riff. Easily one of the highlight tracks from the album.

Mercy - Dominated by beautiful piano. Our protagonist fears ‘men in cloaks, trying to devour my soul.’

Reapers – Muse head back into their familiar prog-rock territory and a rousing chorus “killed by Drones.”

The Handler – The climax of the album, veering into rock-opera territory. Our protagonist must dis-associate from the forces.

JFK [audio]

Defector – Muse wear their Queen influences on their sleeves. Our protagonist has fled.

Revolt – A chorus of a thousand singers “You’ve got strength, you’ve got soul.”

Aftermath – The cigarette lighter live ballad. Echoes of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon.

The Globalist – Longest track on the album with hints of Italian spaghetti western riffs a la Knights of Cydonia. The protagonist is left alone with nobody to love.

Drones – Closing a capella track on the album, sung in a round. Is our protagonist dead or has he just become numb?

The Handler: Good!

Defector: Good but only based on what weve heard

Revolt: Makes it sound good but ugh pop

Aftermath: the more and more reviews come out the more cool this sounds