Anyone else get a slight Assassin vibe from Reapers?

Only in the sense that the lyrics are about killing.

Other than that, I like Assassin because it feels quite dark and twisted (the distorted barbership quartet and eerie pickup screams). I find Reapers mostly bright and uplifting sonically (apart from the outro). Polar opposites really.

Other than that, I like Assassin because it feels quite dark and twisted (the distorted barbership quartet and eerie pickup screams). I find Reapers mostly bright and uplifting sonically (apart from the outro). Polar opposites really.

I think it's just the pace of the verses that I found similar maybe, can't quite put my finger on it.

Agree on the lyrics though, they could be described as similar...

Probably already been mentioned a few times but do you think there's any possibility of an album stream later in this week before the first proper festival shows next weekend? Always seemed kind of odd to have the album out after their first major dates - it's either unknown songs to massive crowds or a a load of setlist changes in a couple of weeks

Probably already been mentioned a few times but do you think there's any possibility of an album stream later in this week before the first proper festival shows next weekend? Always seemed kind of odd to have the album out after their first major dates - it's either unknown songs to massive crowds or a a load of setlist changes in a couple of weeks

Possibly if it leaks which there is a chance that it will this week, not sure how good that chance is though.

I'd say we'll be listening to it next week though for sure IMO.

I wouldn't say uplifting or bright...the cadence of the verse actually gives some quite dark vibes to me. But not as much as Assassin though, can't see the similarities either

Earliest to expect a stream would be the 29th, as it's a week before some release dates

I massively doubt we'll get a stream until the week of the 1st. In terms of specific days, I'm betting on either the 1st or the 3rd.

I wouldn't say uplifting or bright...the cadence of the verse actually gives some quite dark vibes to me. But not as much as Assassin though, can't see the similarities either

Well, I did say 'mostly uplifting and bright'. The outro and verse are kinda dark.

Overall though, I just find it to be fun. The whammy tapping sections, funky/dancey pre-chorus and chorus, Morello-esque solo and 80s robot vocoders always make me smile.

Edited by Jobby

Unrelated from the current discussion, but I feel like once I got the album I might want to try and reorder the tracks a bit, even it ruins the flow of a narrative. I don't think Dead Inside is a great opener. Reapers worked so well as a show opener and maybe it'll be a good replacement for it. I'm sure a lot of you are very opposed to this idea though :LOL:

Unrelated from the current discussion, but I feel like once I got the album I might want to try and reorder the tracks a bit, even it ruins the flow of a narrative. I don't think Dead Inside is a great opener.

I love how you can make that assumption without actually hearing the album :LOL:

It just won't make sense re-ordering the tracks for this album IMO

Unrelated from the current discussion, but I feel like once I got the album I might want to try and reorder the tracks a bit, even it ruins the flow of a narrative. I don't think Dead Inside is a great opener.

A few weeks ago, I didn't think that either. Now I kinda like the idea...

Unrelated from the current discussion, but I feel like once I got the album I might want to try and reorder the tracks a bit, even it ruins the flow of a narrative. I don't think Dead Inside is a great opener. Reapers worked so well as a show opener and maybe it'll be a good replacement for it. I'm sure a lot of you are very opposed to this idea though :LOL:

but teh storyyyyy :_(

I'll probably try and combine it with BH&R, I feel like a lot of the songs will work well together.

Huh? I mean I like it as a song but something about is kinda sluggish. I'm not making an assumption or anything but it just doesn't strike me as a good opener.

Fair enough man. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

Just reserving judgment till I've heard it as a whole.

Fair enough man. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

Just reserving judgment till I've heard it as a whole.

I can see where you coming from, don't worry. I remember I thought Supremacy was going to be the perfect opener for T2L. When I heard the full album, I decided IS was the new perfect opener, so the full context of the album can definitely affect that opinion.

I can see where you coming from, don't worry. I remember I thought Supremacy was going to be the perfect opener for T2L. When I heard the full album, I decided IS was the new perfect opener, so the full context of the album can definitely affect that opinion.

Yeah I see what your saying. I personally just love this narrative that they have going on so I don't think I'd be tempted to with stuff around.

Each to their own though I guess.