One thing that has bothered me since DI was released, its a good song but doesn't feels like the start of a Muse album. I mean there's no buildup just "DEEEEEAD INSIDE", has anyone else felt that way as well?

Even like 10 seconds of ambience at the start would help.

The review was the most positive one I've seen for the album so far...

OT, but how low a score do you think pretentious Pitchfork will give Drones? :p

If a drone could pee in it's mouth it would be the picture P4K would use to review Drones. No score.:LOL:

I'm really worried that Revolt and Aftermath are gonna be shit. Muse and arena-rock tend to be a bit... Eh.

Fingers crossed. Just needs to be solid and original and not a camp U2/Queen-fest.

If the following are true, then Drones will rival OoS for me:

Dead Inside = basically darker broody moment like Screenager

Psycho = obligatory straight forward rock track w/good vocals like Hyper Music, TSP

Mercy = Bliss basically in terms of sound and structure

Reapers = basically New Born in how relentlessly it hits you

The Handler = Stockholm Syndrome basically is what it's being made out to be

Defector = Invincible 2.0 lyrically/sonically but far heavier

Revolt = I'm kind of anticipating something like City of Delusion 2.0 for this

Aftermath = lies in the echelon of shorter orchestral/classical pieces like Blackout 2.0

The Globalist = CEII in ambition, scale, and epic grandeur

Drones = your standard typical ending, can't be compared to anything besides Soldiers Poem 2.0 except probably darker and more effective

I couldn't care less about all these stupid comparisons to other bands, they won't affect my views of the music

In about 3 hours and 45 minutes it will be Monday everywhere on Earth. I'm sure Muse are just waiting for it to be Monday for the people of Midway Island and then they'll give us a stream :D

After today's Game of Thrones episode being pretty much the best one they've ever done, if I get a Drones stream too it will be the most glorious of days.

Drones = your standard typical ending, can't be compared to anything besides Soldiers Poem 2.0 except probably darker and more effective

I couldn't care less about all these stupid comparisons to other bands, they won't affect my views of the music

wait what :LOL:

Are you amazed at my improved non-Californian grammar? :phu::awesome:
nah just wondering where you got the CoD-vibe in the Revolt descriptions from, and also how Drones can be a standard typical ending but yet only be compared to SP. Also I'm kinda against the while idea of seeing songs as v.2.0 of anything, and I don't see how that would be a good thing.

If the following are true, then Drones will rival OoS for me:

Dead Inside = basically darker broody moment like Screenager

Psycho = obligatory straight forward rock track w/good vocals like Hyper Music, TSP

Mercy = Bliss basically in terms of sound and structure

Reapers = basically New Born in how relentlessly it hits you

The Handler = Stockholm Syndrome basically is what it's being made out to be

Defector = Invincible 2.0 lyrically/sonically but far heavier

Aftermath = lies in the echelon of shorter orchestral/classical pieces like Blackout 2.0

The Globalist = CEII in ambition, scale, and epic grandeur

I think it can top, or at least match my favourite Muse album (BH&R). I love what we've already heard, and I'm almost positive that I'll love The Globalist, Defector and The Handler. Let's see if Revolt and Aftermath are actually good songs, and then I can say if this album is their best or not, but I'm very optimistic about this :).

Shame that we haven't got any news, I was hoping I could wake up with the possibility of hearing Drones, but, here we are. The next 48 hours will be intense, brace yourselves! :LOL::LOL:

I think it can top, or at least match my favourite Muse album (BH&R). I love what we've already heard, and I'm almost positive that I'll love The Globalist, Defector and The Handler. Let's see if Revolt and Aftermath are actually good songs, and then I can say if this album is their best or not, but I'm very optimistic about this :).

I think it can get up to number two on my favorite albums, but I don't see it topping OoS.:rolleyes: