One think that's really struck me, particularly since Reapers was released, is just how sparse Dead Inside sounds now. It's a good juxtaposition.

I'm really starting to feel more and more now a lot of the production choices were made very much with the album's concept in mind.

I only hope that means The Handler is going to be absolutely off the chain to top Reapers in terms of mentalness :D. Then JFK to calm things down again. We'll see.

Stream might be of higher quality than a leak, depending on how it leaks. Plus there's no waiting for a stream to download, no risk of viruses, etc.

The 2nd Law streams were 128kbps (or 192, I can't remember). Yet there were so many people converting to 320kbps and uploading as "high quality" versions :LOL:

I love the variety this album so far. The 2nd Law had a big variety, but I wasn't a fan of the choices. The variety of music this album is what I like from Muse. I'd take Dead Star over Madness and Reapers over Supremacy any day (although I do love Supremacy).

Edit: Oops! I meant Dead *Inside*! Not the first time I've made that mistake :LOL:

I love the variety this album so far. The 2nd Law had a big variety, but I wasn't a fan of the choices. The variety of music this album is what I like from Muse. I'd take Dead Star over Madness and Reapers over Supremacy any day (although I do love Supremacy).

Dead Star? :LOL: I'd take Dead Star over everything actually xD

you mean Dead Inside? :chuckle:

Yep, I was afraid when they said they will "strip back" their sound. I thought that maybe Drones was merely a straigthforward conventional rock album. But when I read The Globalist description (Morricone + heavy metal + piano ballad), I thought: "Well, that's not so "stripped back"" :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Yep, I was afraid when they said they will "strip back" their sound. I thought that maybe Drones was merely a straigthforward conventional rock album. But when I read The Globalist description (Morricone + heavy metal + piano ballad), I thought: "Well, that's not so "stripped back"" :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Their "stripped back" idea was merely to go back to the "let's get in a garage, jam something and see if anything comes out", instead of spending the creating process in the control room messing with music software and stuff. I kinda like what they achieved with that, the songs are sounding great and they're delivering it with a great passion.

Their "stripped back" idea was merely to go back to the "let's get in a garage, jam something and see if anything comes out", instead of spending the creating process in the control room messing with music software and stuff. I kinda like what they achieved with that, the songs are sounding great and they're delivering it with a great passion.

Definitely, but when I heard that I missunderstood what they were trying to say. I agree, the songs are sounding great, way better than the last album. It's a more "live" sound, so to speak.

Definitely, but when I heard that I missunderstood what they were trying to say. I agree, the songs are sounding great, way better than the last album. It's a more "live" sound, so to speak.

Because they're recorded live and not instrument by instrument/part by part... As stated on the article by Q Mag from that time. (correct me if i misunderstood the article)

Because they're recorded live and not instrument by instrument/part by part... As stated on the article by Q Mag from that time.

I like how they included the sustained held notes at the end of Reapers, like in the live version

Everyone misunderstood it at the beggining, it sounded like they wanted to do a pure hard rock album...I was kinda waiting for that too, till I heard DI and realise what they meant