Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Does anybody have or know of a high quality/decent audio version of this live? I'd like to put it on my iPod to listen to.

from all that i've watched, this has the best quality out of the recordings imo, its sick in HD... its in the earlier pages of the forum but for convenience sake, i'll post it here again.

from all that i've watched, this has the best quality out of the recordings imo, its sick in HD... its in the earlier pages of the forum but for convenience sake, i'll post it here again.

Cheers thanks a lot! 👍

Will be interesting to hear how the studio version compares.

The thing about the quite common complaint that something is "random noise" is quite easily disproven. Because it isn't random.

This.

The outro of space dementia really compliments the song and for me emulates and concludes the feeling of the song. It certainly isn't just random noise, watching it live at Reading/Leeds in 2011 and seeing Matt get off the piano to play the guitar to finish it was awesome.

The thing about the quite common complaint that something is "random noise" is that it's quite easily disproven. Because it isn't random.

Right, I know that from a music-technical standpoint it probably isn't random, but it sounds that way to me.

Harsh to your ears =/= random.

I guess I meant it sounds harsh to my ears because it sounds random to me. I don't hear a melody in it, just random chords? (I don't know if that's accurate, I don't know much about music)

:erm: why are some people on here so harsh? So I can't have an opinion about a song because I don't have technical knowledge about music? At least I don't pretend I do... I don't get what I did wrong here

Are you talking about the very end? As in ~5:38 to the end? That bit is supposed to sound harsh to your ears, no? That's part of the reason why it compliments the end of the song so nicely.

If you're talking about 4:55 - 5:37 then I can't help you. The chord progression there is perfect.

:erm: why are some people on here so harsh? So I can't have an opinion about a song because I don't have technical knowledge about music? At least I don't pretend I do... I don't get what I did wrong here

You can have an opinion on it, and you're more than welcome to dislike it, but by calling it random you're implying that it was created with no purpose or conscious though, which is factually incorrect. Reapers and Space Dementia certainly have fairly dissonant endings in contrast to the rest of the song (Reapers more so), but neither could be described as random.

You can have an opinion on it, and you're more than welcome to dislike it, but by calling it random you're implying that it was created with no purpose or conscious though, which is factually incorrect. Reapers and Space Dementia certainly have fairly dissonant endings in contrast to the rest of the song (Reapers more so), but neither could be described as random.

I think you guys are taking me too literally... Of course I know it has a purpose, I'm not stupid. I don't think I've ever said that it was a fact that it was random?

Are you talking about the very end? As in ~5:38 to the end? That bit is supposed to sound harsh to your ears, no? That's part of the reason why it compliments the end of the song so nicely.

If you're talking about 4:55 - 5:37 then I can't help you. The chord progression there is perfect.

Yeah I mean the very end.

I think you guys are taking me too literally... Of course I know it has a purpose, I'm not stupid. I don't think I've ever said that it was a fact that it was random?

No, we're taking you at face value. If you say something's random, we will assume that you mean it's random.