Haven't logged in here since T2L got released,don't know if my existence was even noticed lol,but this place is still filled with human drones - yes,that's what I did - ... If the album's out in June,expect it around late April/early May,not earlier (let alone today or next week). Except if Muse pull a Faith No More and release a single a few months before the album.

Butterflies and candy canes upcoming. I am 99% positive we will get the single by the 14th, and 60% we'll get something by Monday. I have faith Matt's soon is far different from Tom's

I didn't see Matt say "soon" - but I've sort of drifted away from reading all his political articles. :chuckle:

Anyways, he sort of broke my heart with that tease about the rare video footage, already. :(

I remember reading a while back that some fans met Matt at a gig, and when they asked him about the album, he said "expect to be shocked", then when heading off, he said "see you later, fuckers" or something along those lines, to the group.

What if he meant we'll be "shocked" by how "offensive" it is?

[/crazytheory]

I remember him telling fans they would be shocked, I don't remember him cussing at them, though.

Anyways, zero chance it meant anything, if he did, other than he's a bit of a jerk.

Haven't logged in here since T2L got released,don't know if my existence was even noticed lol,but this place is still filled with human drones - yes,that's what I did - ... If the album's out in June,expect it around late April/early May,not earlier (let alone today or next week). Except if Muse pull a Faith No More and release a single a few months before the album.

The single is not coming out that late.

It's not unusual to release your single 2 or 3 months before the album. The weird thing is actually all this secretism :LOL:

Let's hype ourselves up so we can feel like shit afterwards when nothing happens.

This guy gets it.

The first single will definitely be out in March.

50%. Because it's either out today, or not.

We don't have any reason to assign (equal) probabilities to both possibilities.

We don't have any reason not to, which is how it works. Or which variables were you planning on using for determining the probability?

I have to disagree with you on this. It seems counter-intuitive to assign equal probabilities to both possibilities, precisely because we do not have any information at all. Would you then say that it is equally likely that the single will be out today, and that the single will not be out today? We have no reason to believe so and thus should refrain from even assigning probabilities, unless we have reason to believe they are equally likely (if we were to assign a probability of 0.5 to each).

Having no reason or information to assign probabilities does not entitle us to assign equal probabilities to both events, especially since they are non-random.

This is correct. Assigning equal probabilities to both outcomes is just plain wrong. By the same logic you could say the probability of you drawing an ace of hearts from a full untampered deck of cards is 50% since the card you draw either will be or wont be the ace of hearts. But in reality the probability of you drawing that specific card is 1/52.

You could then go on to say that the probability of you drawing three cards and one of them being the ace of hearts is 150% = 1.5, which violates the laws of probability. (the actual probability is 3/52)

Edited by ryanp16

2015 reunion confirmed.

Well 4/5th of them will be at ArcTanGent so I guess it's kind of an almost reunion.

This is correct. Assigning equal probabilities to both outcomes is just plain wrong. By the same logic you could say the probability of you drawing an ace of hearts from a full untampered deck of cards is 50% since the card you draw either will be or wont be the ace of hearts. But in reality the probability of you drawing that specific card is 1/52.

You could then go on to say that the probability of you drawing three cards and one of them being the ace of hearts is 150% = 1.5, which violates the laws of probability. (the actual probability is 1/52 + 1/51 + 1/50)

I was kidding...