I just thought of something. A few days ago there was this thing where Tom's company or something posted on Facebook ''RENDER RENDER RENDER''.

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but now I think of it it's so obvious. I think they were rendering videos of the making of Drones. The album is finished (or nearly finished), the artwork seems to be finished as well, I'd say if there's going to be a making of, and I'm sure there is because some of you spotted camera's in the Instagram pictures of the studio in Canada, then around this time the making of the making of should also be complete or nearly complete.

So RENDER RENDER RENDER probably had something to do with the making of Drones :D

Haven't listened to the clip yet because I'm on my phone but I'm guessing it's like a wild, loud guitar solo? I'm hearing comparisons to New Born and Recess?

It's not really loud or wild - it's got a very classical feel to it, it's tremolo picked so that might be where people are getting the New Born comparisons from - all the same it's quite an awesome melody

I just thought of something. A few days ago there was this thing where Tom's company or something posted on Facebook ''RENDER RENDER RENDER''.

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but now I think of it it's so obvious. I think they were rendering videos of the making of Drones. The album is finished (or nearly finished), the artwork seems to be finished as well, I'd say if there's going to be a making of, and I'm sure there is because some of you spotted camera's in the Instagram pictures of the studio in Canada, then around this time the making of the making of should also be complete or nearly complete.

So RENDER RENDER RENDER probably had something to do with the making of Drones :D

Doubtful. Even if they have finished the making of, why would they be rendering it so soon before release?

Can't remember ever being this excited for a Muse album. Usually you expect some filler, some cheese, some slow songs (last 2 albums especially), but there's been no indication of this from the instagram videos (apart from the orchestra clip, but even that isn't a bad sign). Sounds like this could be their heaviest album since OoS. Can't wait to hear how all these riffs fit into the songs.

It was Si Bennet from EggCup Creative and yes it was mentioned almost as many times as ZL's name was mentioned! you just need to go 70 or so pages back!

Given the pattern of the last two albums, would I be right in saying that they only go in to record a set amount of songs? So all of this is featured on the album somewhere?
In the recent interview Matt gave the impression that they had spent more time than usual writing songs, and that he wasn't sure that CE2 would end up on the album. So I'd say they have more songs than they need. The question is if we'll get to hear them.

In the recent interview Matt gave the impression that they had spent more time than usual writing songs, and that he wasn't sure that CE2 would end up on the album. So I'd say they have more songs than they need. The question is if we'll get to hear them.

I'm hoping for a 13 track album at least

Still can't help feeling that something about this album will shock us. This whole 'game-changer' business. A concept album? A double album? The album just being one long song, therefore no lead single? The distribution method? I just feel there must be some reason behind all the confidentiality, that there's some closely-guarded secret that we haven't yet figured out.

11 songs always seems optimum for a good album to me. A couple of B-sides might be fun as well :D

Still can't help feeling that something about this album will shock us. This whole 'game-changer' business. A concept album? A double album? The album just being one long song, therefore no lead single? The distribution method? I just feel there must be some reason behind all the confidentiality, that there's some closely-guarded secret that we haven't yet figured out.

The surprise is its not actually an album it's a book of music and you have to play it yourself :D