The delivery is far worse. Reynolds' talky stuff reminds me of the tedious Trots who seemingly infest Aberystwyth's pubs.

I have to disagree here given that Matts delivery on the past few albums was fucking atrocious. Decent vocals is definitely on my wish list for this album.

Matt's vocals have definitely improved since BH&R/TR-era but when it comes to live sound they've gone in a completely different direction.

I'm really hoping vocal distortion is used on tour because when it is, it's fucking awesome. Stockholm Syndrome needs it most. Some Absolution-era screams would be nice too.

versus

Matt's vocals have definitely improved since BH&R/TR-era but when it comes to live sound they've gone in a completely different direction.

I'm really hoping vocal distortion is used on tour because when it is, it's fucking awesome. Stockholm Syndrome needs it most. Some Absolution-era screams would be nice too.

versus

I agree he's gone in a different direction but for me it's the cleanest and most professional he's ever sounded live. His delivery of the Stockholm and Plug in Baby choruses are absolutely top notch these days.

I have to disagree here given that Matts delivery on the past few albums was fucking atrocious. Decent vocals is definitely on my wish list for this album.

You are high. Matt is unequivocally a better singer on the last two albums than he ever was on the first 4. Thats not even an opinion. I always thought he had a good voice... for a rock singer. Now he sings better than the majority of famous vocalists in mainstream music full stop. Better than most of those who are just vocal "artists."

You are high. Matt is unequivocally a better singer on the last two albums than he ever was on the first 4. Thats not even an opinion. I always thought he had a good voice... for a rock singer. Now he sings better than the majority of famous vocalists in mainstream music full stop. Better than most of those who are just vocal "artists."

^totally. He's easily the best vocalist I listen to.

I have a rookie question:

do you guys think the latest sound clip on Instagram and the one posted on the 7th Feb are two separate songs? Im not musically minded so I thought someone who is more technically capable could weigh in their thoughts.

If nothing is officially anounced this week than there is something wrong.

Especially if people are expecting this album to be out in May, i feel like most Album announcement to Album release times are usually a little longer than two months, right?

do you guys think the latest sound clip on Instagram and the one posted on the 7th Feb are two separate songs? Im not musically minded so I thought someone who is more technically capable could weigh in their thoughts.

I can't weigh in unless you provide links considering Instagram on mobile just says "Xw," x being the number of weeks ago, giving a vague date

I think the last four studio videos are the same song & the video of Matt playing the riff is a different song (if it's even a song at all, could just be him messing around for all we know). It's in a different key as the recent videos (the "DRONES!" one) so unless they write in a key change they're definitely different

Definitely, his voice sounds a little more strained these days but that's only down to the vast amounts of touring Muse have done since they started out. His range has certainly increased and he exhibits way better control over it live nowadays.