Also, Jaicen.

What is the best substance to use to keep screws from loosening themselves? I don't want to use grease, and certainly not glue or anything permanent. It's just the bridge on this guitar that has two screws which don't really do anything. They always end up loosened because of vibration.

That's a tough question. Is it screwed into wood? If so, I'd put a sliver of wood in with some glue to make the hole smaller.

If it's metal, That's a bit tougher. Can you retap it and use a larger screw? If it does screw in tight initially, some loctite will work. Either the green or red, not sure which but one is more permanent than the other.

Edit: just checked, it's blue that's medium permanent, but there's also a purple low strength, which sounds like your best bet. I've only used red, and I can guarantee that holds nuts into a 1959 Lambretta, and that thing vibrates like a jackhammer.

Edited by Jaicen

That's a tough question. Is it screwed into wood? If so, I'd put a sliver of wood in with some glue to make the hole smaller.

If it's metal, That's a bit tougher. Can you retap it and use a larger screw? If it does screw in tight initially, some loctite will work. Either the green or red, not sure which but one is more permanent than the other.

Edit: just checked, it's blue that's medium permanent, but there's also a purple low strength, which sounds like your best bet. I've only used red, and I can guarantee that holds nuts into a 1959 Lambretta, and that thing vibrates like a jackhammer.

Yeah it's metal. It's pretty loose, so I'm guessing blue would be best. Thing is, it might need to be moved at some point, so I don't want it completely stuck.

I wish! Hopefully it'll be streamed. Might have to see them again in the summer to make up for it.

What are their tour dates at the minute? The site isn't working for me. Every link just loads the same page.

If they have a date in the UK .. somewhere.. when I visit this year, then I might go. I'm probably going to miss their NYC show unfortunately.

What are their tour dates at the minute? The site isn't working for me. Every link just loads the same page.

If they have a date in the UK .. somewhere.. when I visit this year, then I might go. I'm probably going to miss their NYC show unfortunately.

Not sure, the same thing's happening to me on the site.

The only date I know of just now is July 9th in Glasgow. When are you coming to the UK?

Not sure, the same thing's happening to me on the site.

The only date I know of just now is July 9th in Glasgow. When are you coming to the UK?

You might be able to find it through google. They're listing all the US tour dates for me, but none of the UK ones.

I'll most likely be there from May 15th for two weeks. I was there ten days last time, and I still didn't get to do as much as I wanted. I'm not sure if I should bother making an itinerary this time... I never follow it!

But I'll need to make a checklist of some kind, just so I don't forget anything again.

Also, it's since been deleted, but it seems as if

dPHHE4E.jpg

I can guarantee that holds nuts into a 1959 Lambretta, and that thing vibrates like a jackhammer.

Out of curiosity. Is this yours? Because I'm going to be disappointed if you say it isn't.

And for what it's worth, I ended up using some PTFE tape. I originally bought it for a similar purpose, and it seems to have done the trick.

Yeah it's metal. It's pretty loose, so I'm guessing blue would be best. Thing is, it might need to be moved at some point, so I don't want it completely stuck.

Use the blue Loctite. It's not permanent at all. Even the red is still removable its just a pain in the ass. Another option is a dab of CA super glue. It doesn't bond to metals well so it isn't permanent and can act the same as Loctite.

Use the blue Loctite. It's not permanent at all. Even the red is still removable its just a pain in the ass. Another option is a dab of CA super glue. It doesn't bond to metals well so it isn't permanent and can act the same as Loctite.

Ok thanks. I think I've sorted it for the time being with that PTFE tape - it's not rattling loose like it was before, but it's not completely stuck either.

You might be able to find it through google. They're listing all the US tour dates for me, but none of the UK ones.

I'll most likely be there from May 15th for two weeks. I was there ten days last time, and I still didn't get to do as much as I wanted. I'm not sure if I should bother making an itinerary this time... I never follow it!

But I'll need to make a checklist of some kind, just so I don't forget anything again.

Also, it's since been deleted, but it seems as if

dPHHE4E.jpg

Don't think they've got any UK dates in May, but that's just going off what I can find on ticketmaster. I hope the checklist will include multiple trips to Nando's, a shit load of the bru and at least one spoons breakfast.

Looks like August will be pretty good :awesome:.

Yes, it is mine I have owned it since I was 15, though its in parts at the minute.

I'd go loctite over ptfe but if it's working don't mess with it.

That's almost as long as you've had your strat!

And yeah it's fine from what I can tell. It's just a couple of adjustment screws on the bridge that aren't being used. They always vibrate out of position (not a problem, but it bothers me) after playing it for a bit, so I just want to keep them in place.

Don't think they've got any UK dates in May, but that's just going off what I can find on ticketmaster. I hope the checklist will include multiple trips to Nando's, a shit load of the bru and at least one spoons breakfast.

Looks like August will be pretty good :awesome:.

Damn. Well... I don't know if I'm ready to be in a UK crowd just yet. After all, a mosh pit was started way up in the seats where I was at emirates a few years ago.

And of course. That was all done last time as well, although I did forget to stop by gregg's :$ I did get a few 'real' pasties though... or at least I assume they were real??

Also, thanks to Olly, I managed to check out Bodean's... best BBQ I've ever had. We'll see if that changes though, as he said he's found a place he likes even more!

I agree. :ninja:

Damn. Well... I don't know if I'm ready to be in a UK crowd just yet. After all, a mosh pit was started way up in the seats where I was at emirates a few years ago.

And of course. That was all done last time as well, although I did forget to stop by gregg's :$ I did get a few 'real' pasties though... or at least I assume they were real??

Also, thanks to Olly, I managed to check out Bodean's... best BBQ I've ever had. We'll see if that changes though, as he said he's found a place he likes even more!

I agree. :ninja:

:LOL: that's brilliant. Strangely, last time I saw them the mosh pit was bigger during Howl than That Golden Rule.

Oooh, if you go to greggs you'll be able to experience the wonder of a steak bake.

:LOL: that's brilliant. Strangely, last time I saw them the mosh pit was bigger during Howl than That Golden Rule.

Oooh, if you go to greggs you'll be able to experience the wonder of a steak bake.

That's a bit of a problem. That special show was last night wasn't it? I haven't seen anything online yet. But then I guess people aren't posting about it on Muse Messageboard the second they get home like I do. :facepalm:

And I did go once in 2015, but only tried the cheese and onion pasty. Then it started raining.

The end.

Urgh, one day I do really want to get my jazz redone by Mansons. The recent pictures are even more tempting

You should get a stealth DC like mine, but without the built in kaoss pad. You'd be a hero. It would be the best creation since the Dombow.

I forgot - you liked the OOS/Absolution era guitars most, and those had the built in twisty kaoss pads.

Speaking of which.

A dubstep-style section follows, utilising pick scrapes, Twisty Kaoss Pad, KAOSS Pad manipulations and other sounds typical of Bellamy's guitar style

Probably the only correct information about gear on muse wiki.

Are any of those cheap build your own pedal kits any good? Seems like a fun thing to do if it doesn't turn out sounding shite.

I've done BYOC pedals before. They're not THAT cheap, but they are fun, a good learning experience, and often come with instructions on how to mod them as well. Would recommend.

I forgot - you liked the OOS/Absolution era guitars most, and those had the built in twisty kaoss pads.

Speaking of which.

Probably the only correct information about gear on muse wiki.

How could you forget??

And it's not just that, aesthetically I feel that the twisty Kaoss looked 10 bazillion times better than the mini kp. I really liked the look of the Sxc Stealth.

On a slightly related note, the volume pot fell off that old FF yesterday :(

I've done BYOC pedals before. They're not THAT cheap, but they are fun, a good learning experience, and often come with instructions on how to mod them as well. Would recommend.

Found a site where I can get a big muff kit for about £40 which seems a decent price, and it's not meant to be very difficult to put together. There're so many versions though...