Independent has put Muse out of their Riff contest

MehrDaD

"And there is no place for stadium-filling rock act Muse, despite their song Plug-In Baby being said to have replaced Stairway To Heaven as one of the prime choices for musicians testing out new gear in guitar shops."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/arctic-monkeys-vs-deep-purple-public-to-vote-on-greatest-guitar-riff-of-all-time-9606117.html

I wonder if any of this Muse haters heard anything from Absolution or Oos :mad:

On the other side, I think we can blame Muse for becoming a soft band :stunned:

God knows how much I pray 24/7 to hear some heavy stuff on 7 LP :)

Any list with Lonely Boy amongst its top riffs doesn't need to be taken seriously (and denying Page, Richards and Hendrix more than one song is ridiculous). That said, it is fair to say there haven't been any classic Muse riffs for a while

There have been very few classic Page, Richards and Hendrix riffs for a while as well.

I, too, am angry that there is no Muse riff, although I am happy that they have included 'How Soon Is Now?' by The Smiths (that's the one I voted for :D) and 'No Surprises' by Radiohead. I would be interested to know which riff other Musers would choose from Muse's recordings?

• 3 months later...
I, too, am angry that there is no Muse riff, although I am happy that they have included 'How Soon Is Now?' by The Smiths (that's the one I voted for :D) and 'No Surprises' by Radiohead. I would be interested to know which riff other Musers would choose from Muse's recordings?

Plug In Baby, New Born, Stockholm, Dead Star, In Your World, Knights ending riff, all great riffs