Rolling Stone-Muse Singer Matt Bellamy: Live DVD Completes An 'Upside Down' Journey

mskatie

That was a really cool interview. Makes me optimistic that they might actually follow through with the stripped back, rockier approach with the next album too..

There might be two concerts next year

Anyone thinking those are the anniversary gigs? Unless he was just referring to the festivals.

I have to put a disclaimer here and say that whatever I say now is likely to be contradicted when I go into the studio.

lolcats.

Anyone thinking those are the anniversary gigs? Unless he was just referring to the festivals.

Nop, I think he was refering to the one festival in the US and one in Europe thing.

By the way really great interview, but I still don't want to get my hopes too high (as I've done many times with them)

Nop, I think he was refering to the one festival in the US and one in Europe thing.

By the way really great interview, but I still don't want to get my hopes too high (as I've done many times with them)

I thought Matt said they wouldn't be doing any European festivals? He didn't say they wouldn't be doing any concerts. I never believe anything Matt says until the venues start advertising that Muse will actually play there.:indiff:

I thought Matt said they wouldn't be doing any European festivals? He didn't say they wouldn't be doing any concerts. I never believe anything Matt says until the venues start advertising that Muse will actually play there.:indiff:

They said long ago they had no plans for doing any festival... Aaaaand more recently they said they might do one festival in the US and one in Europe, although haven't confirmed which;)

"Why are all Brits so self obsessed? All of them! From Radiohead to Muse to U2.

"Me me me me me". "We're gonna do this", "We're gonna do that".

That Wall Street Gordon Gekko line was so right; "like all Brits he thinks he was born with a better pot to p--s in"."

lol

"Why are all Brits so self obsessed? All of them! From Radiohead to Muse to U2.

"Me me me me me". "We're gonna do this", "We're gonna do that".

That Wall Street Gordon Gekko line was so right; "like all Brits he thinks he was born with a better pot to p--s in"."

lol

I saw your post there before I saw this :LOL:

If muse don't have a 20th anniversary tour, I could see a greatest hits album. Maybe with one or two unreleased songs. :)

I could see that. Maybe release the original version of Follow Me? I'd be curious to hear it. Although I still think there's a possibility of those gigs happening. They seem to be mentioned less in American interviews, as the shows wouldn't be there anyway, but this could be my imagination.

Anyway, this was a really nice interview, especially for Rolling Stone :). It does seem like they're more intent on 'paring back' their sound on the new album.

"It's such a negative energy. I just stay away from record company people these days. I stay away from business talk because what you hear is always negative. I'm like, "What are you talking about? I just played for 60,000 people. It's fucking great."

If this is Matt's outlook on record companies I really hope it means they won't re-sign with Warner

Half of this interview is fantastic, the part of Matt, the part of the journalist is trash, but is RS, didn't expect anything better anyway.

Matt wanted to talk about music and the journalist still talking about U2 ::stunned:

Matt: I saw The Wall, of Roger Waters from Pink Floyd.

RS: Oh yeah? U2 is cool right?

About the Rome, we more or less knew they wanted to do it soft and 'big crowd friendly' and is OK. But i like the B&H thing.

Looks like the 20th gigs are cancelled, too bad. Maybe they release a lot of old gigs to compensate till the new amazing album see the light of day.