How do you like Muse songs live?

iceman2321

Pretty much what specific things (or ways) you prefer about the way Muse play their songs live as opposed to normally or on the album. Eg:

- Playing the Glastonbury 2004 Riff before B&H

- "Our trials and tribulations" instead of "Our hopes and expectations"

- The alternative riff in the middle of CE instead of the album version

- Matt playing the Guitar Solo at the end of the first chorus (ie on the album) instead of clapping along live on Panic Station

- Matt playing along with the intro riff to Hysteria with Chris (ie last tour) instead of shredding

- The guitar riff Matt played instead of the Kaoss Pad Solo during SMBH in the early 2009 gigs (Teignmouth, Berlin etc)

- Dom playing the "dum dum" drum intro as opposed to launching directly into CE with the guitar riff

You get the drift. Discuss.

Live CE riff and drum intro definitely.

Also Matt doing the distorted screams/whispers in SMBH.

Also Matt singing the notes properly, alternatively screaming them. (SS ending)

EDIT: And the extra G(?) chord in Darkshines 2011 <333

Edited by Tjet

And the extra G(?) chord in Darkshines 2011 <333

Definitely (and yeah, it is a G) :yesey:

- Hyper Music played a bit slower + with Chris on vocals for the chorus

- Guitar outro for Space Dementia

- Matt doing the "Supermassive black hole" distorted bits

- Matt on guitar and Morgan on piano for Sunburn

- Fuzz siren just before the solo in Blackout

- Synths in the verses of Dead Star instead of guitar

- "God was in me" during the old Plug In Babys

- Sustain pickup intros for SMBH

- That guitar solo/scale after the first verse of Muscle Museum on the Absolution tour

http://youtu.be/1upkp14drH0?t=2m29s

You can't be serious

:yesey:

- Matt on guitar and Morgan on piano for Sunburn

I have mixed feelings about this. Would be better if they still had the digital piano on the stand so Matt could alternate between both (guitar for the chorus/solo, piano for the verses and outro).

- Hyper Music played a bit slower + with Chris on vocals for the chorus

Nah. See this is what I miss about early Muse, when Matt abused the shit out of rubato and sped up during the more intense parts of songs. In some cases this was really bad (Space Dementia), but for songs like Hyper Music it sounded awesome, and I think their overall live energy has gone downhill since bringing in click tracks and slowing down the tempo on certain songs (cough New Born cough).

- That guitar solo/scale after the first verse of Muscle Museum on the Absolution tour

Yeeeeees :awesome:

Crying Shame is better in a lower key, while Fury is much better in the original one.

And I think Hyper Music would better if it was a little faster and Matt just screamed the chorus instead, as opposed to belting it(or letting Chris sing it)

That guitar intro is what makes the song goddamnit.

Well, it is pretty nice, but the guitar during the rest of the song :noey:

Crying Shame is better in a lower key, while Fury is much better in the original one.

And I think Hyper Music would better if it was a little faster and Matt just screamed the chorus instead, as opposed to belting it(or letting Chris sing it)

Chris needs to sing the whole HM chorus, it feels lacking when he omits some words.

I'm torn between Glastonbury and that 2006 one for best Sunburn. Although I do like the Kaoss pad noises that Morgan makes these days.

Supremacy and KOC are so much better with the trumpet in there.

The horns in Panic Station need to be much higher in the mix, they're barely audible live.

Most rock songs by Muse sound better with some effects on the vocals. The clean versions of for example Hysteria and SS are quite boring, while the extreme distortion from the Abso tour days are a bit too much. 2005-2007 got it just right.