Muse at 2013 I heart radio festival

wildwilly

where is the link you click to see the whole performance.

they played 7 songs

The audience are probably the sort of people that would take a selfie at a gig then upload it with a bunch of hashtags #at #muse #lol #swag #iheart #radio #festival #music #guitars #swag

Don't forget #katehudson

Getting your set played on major radio stations around the country was probably more appealing than playing to a crowd like that, anyways.

Easy money playing in Vegas is probably pretty appealing, too.

It's Ashley Greene.

Had to Google her, because I don't know who she is.

That audience should be shot for even more reasons---did anyone happen to watch last night's iheart livestream? I watched Paul McCartney's set---which was really good---but the audience was the same---DEAD!! I mean, if you can't even react to a living legend like that....JEEEESH!!!! So, Muse shouldn't feel bad---they can always commiserate with Paul. :LOL: I did have to laugh though---Paul McCartney out-Mused Muse with all his pyro....jeeesh, McCartney's stage looked like it was on FIRE, never mind the fireworks/lasers etc etc....WOWOW!!! Matt should have brought Charles....suppose that would have woken up this lame-ass crowd??!! ;):D

Still, though, speaking totally selfishly, I was still glad to see this pro-shot here in the US. :):D Though I do remember thinking at the time when Muse was announced for this...uh-oh...Muse at iheart..?!??! :eek: thought they'd be waaaay out of their element with all the Katy Perry, etc fans.... but apparently Paul McCartney was, too. :)

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd have been all that into McCartney. Never a huge fan. Oh, and the young'uns probably don't even know who he is nowdays. :LOL:

Yeah, no wonder that he's an idiot

I always worry that if I had the money and access, I'd probably not do well on the "needs to go to rehab" front... :$

Big reason I stay away from Rx pills, even if I might need them. Had a bit of a drinking issue in my heyday.

And I always thought Armstrong's stunt at the iHeart was a booze fueled and lame-ass publicity stunt for the upcoming albums.

I mean, it definitely got attention.

There were so many people on their phones right up front that Matt commented on it, so I'd say yeah. It was pretty bad.

I use to work in radio and as much as you think this is a fan event. It is actually

So infested with radio corp people in the audience and spoiled kids of big advertisers

From Clear Channels stations across the country it has been a joke of festival to a lot

Of people. Clear Channel is a huge radio conglomerate and artists play here as a thank you for the songs being spun on their stations.

When my gf saw this gig announced she was ecstatic but then I informed her about it more she said forget it!

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd have been all that into McCartney. Never a huge fan. Oh, and the young'uns probably don't even know who he is nowdays. :LOL:

I always worry that if I had the money and access, I'd probably not do well on the "needs to go to rehab" front... :$

Big reason I stay away from Rx pills, even if I might need them. Had a bit of a drinking issue in my heyday.

And I always thought Armstrong's stunt at the iHeart was a booze fueled and lame-ass publicity stunt for the upcoming albums.

I mean, it definitely got attention.

I thought it might have been a publicity stunt as well until he actually went to rehab and Green Day had to postpone their North American tour. Nobody wants that kind of publicity.

I don't judge. After reading his interview in Rolling Stone, it sounds like he took the rehab seriously and I wish him the best.

• 3 weeks later...