Why? I don't think any less of tracks without vocals, I just think it's wrong to call them 'songs' because that implies there's singing involved. Maybe I have the wrong definition of the word song.

I think "proper" makes it sound more like argument on quality, rather than just arguing definitions (in which case you'd be correct).

I think "proper" makes it sound more like argument on quality, rather than just arguing definitions (in which case you'd be correct).

No no. No no no no no. Definitions, by definition, are never correct or incorrect. There may be contradicting definitions to some words, but one definition will never ever be more correct than another.

• 3 weeks later...
Guiding Light

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Showbiz

Overdue

I will end you... (;))

For me...from what I can gather in my short time here, it's just the consensus;

Madness

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires

Survival - everytime I hear that 'fight fight fight win win win' I just giggle...

Save Me

I'm cheating a bit and excluding Showbiz because it has a lot of mediocre stuff which would probably make the list if I was really honest (Fillip, Escape, Sober, Overdue) but those songs don't annoy me as much as the ones listed below.

Thoughts of a dying atheist (I like the lyrics better than the average Muse song, but the song otherwise is just annoying to me)

Darkshines

Falling away with you

Explorers

Guiding Light

---

The Small Print

Save me

Follow me

(these might make the list on another day in exchange for the some of the ones listed below)

Yes. The way Matt sings the chorus/ the word "darkshines" in particular, annoys me. As a composition it's not that strong to me. I like the instrumental middle section(with some sort of horns?), though. Completely subjective, obviously.

Yes. The way Matt sings the chorus/ the word "darkshines" in particular, annoys me. As a composition it's not that strong to me. I like the instrumental middle section(with some sort of horns?), though. Completely subjective, obviously.

No, it's not subjective, this is the internet - opinions don't exist here. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

The 10 songs with the most votes as the worst Muse song released on a studio album, as voted by 51 participants on this board:

Overdue
(32 votes)

Guiding Light
(29 votes)

Save Me
(25 votes)

Fillip
(14 votes)

Soldier's Poem
(12 votes)

Sober
(11 votes)

I Belong to You + Mon Cœure S'ouvre A Va Toix
(10 votes)

Undisclosed Desires
(9 votes)

Big Freeze
&
Explorers
(8 votes)

And for anyone wondering, here's the rest of the tally:

Escape & Thoughts of a Dying Atheist — 7

Endlessly, Feeling Good & Madness — 6

Falling Down, Starlight & Unintended — 5

Falling Away with You, Prelude, Screenager & Take a Bow — 4

Exo-Politics, Invincible, Resistance & Supermassive Black Hole — 3

Assassin, Intro, Survival & The Small Print — 2

Blackout, Dark Shines, Exogenesis Part 1: Overture, Exogenesis Part 2: Cross-Pollination, Exogenesis Part 3: Redemption, Follow Me, Hoodoo, Hysteria, Liquid State, New Born, Ruled By Secrecy, Showbiz, Stockholm Syndrome & Uprising — 1