I saw a couple of tweets suggesting the crowd wasn't big. One tweet called it the smallest they've seen for a headliner. Take that as you will.

I read a tweet from a guy who attended the last time they played Coachella and yesterday, he said yesterday was half of the crowd.

Definitely. I don't think his voice is that bad atm, I think he just tries to avoid straining it (with falsetto stuff) and thus both sounding bad and possibly ruining the voice for next weekend too.

Sorry, but this was probably the worst muse gig I've ever seen, despite having one of the best setlists in years. Matt's voice was far from where it should be. He shied away from any high notes, left out tons of words, and didn't even have a lot of power for the notes in his comfortable range. I feel bad for the guy, but he shouldn't even be playing gigs right now.

Edited to add that the heavy winds wreaked havoc on the sound, too. Totally out of the band's control.

Sorry, but this was probably the worst muse gig I've ever seen, despite having one of the best setlists in years. Matt's voice was far from where it should be. He shied away from any high notes, left out tons of words, and didn't even have a lot of power for the notes in his comfortable range. I feel bad for the guy, but he shouldn't even be playing gigs right now.

So basically his voice was a bit weak.

Because like I said, we already know why he's staying away from the falsetto.

Archived