I was at the gig yesterday and normally I'm quite the setlist critic. Setlistwise it was absolutely rubbish, especially as this was the most expensive concert of the tour.

Experiencewise this was one of the best. It was a really, really, scaled down show, the venue was amazing so that you could look down on the stage and see everything and it felt like seeing Muse in a small club. It was very interesting to see the band out of their comfort zone, not being able to use all the bells and whistles but just having to play at the same spot most of the time.

I was dissappointed by the setlist, but not by the set. The songs sounded spot on, and it was amazing to be so close to the stage and see everything so clearly.

Note: I have been at the bar at several stadium concerts, but being fourth row (first row that had benches to stand on and look over the first three rows) felt closer then ever.

I'm curious if they're gonna change things up a bit, because everyone really was expecting an encore, not in the way that people just wanted more, but the show was just not done yet. Isolated System didn't feel like one because Morgan was on stage and perfectly visible the whole time, so it never felt as if they left. People clep clapping/yelling for at least five minutes after Survival, and people didn't even start leaving until 5 minutes after Survival, the band must've noticed this. Little bit hard to explain but this was definitely something different then normally where people, knowing it won't happen, just clap for more.

That is exactly what I thought after the gig!

I was in Cologne in September, tickets were 20€ cheaper, and after 16 songs everybody was happy, knowing what to expect before going to this gig.

But this time, knowing how huge this tour production is, with chimneys, money confetti and bombs, everybody was expecting something special at this beautiful venue. Whether it is a different song rotation or something different to the other legs, like laser e.g.

It's kinda dissappointing Muse did nothing special.

Even the acoustics were perfect (at least nearly perfect) and seeing the guys at such a close, intimate gig was so great, it is sad there was so much less compared to the rest of the tour...

What an uninterested crowd. Some people just stand still with a dull face while looking at the lightbulb.

(but of course I know it's the song to blame)

just thinking... would anyone in the first 30 odd rows even know that the lightbulb thing was going on if they don't happen to turn their head completely around from looking at the stage?

the venue looks really weird. can't help looking at wires hanging above the crowd :erm:

and it's a dumb idea to try incorporating elements from their full production on such a small scale. they should have gone full SBE with this thing and mix up the set instead.

Loreley's setlist was gash and lots of people kept trying to get past me for drinks and food. It was bizarre; stand and wait for guiding light to finish, then get food during SS. There was some great camaraderie around me though, stopping people from getting past etc and I got some Musos. Probably the worst Muse gig of the few I've been to but I still enjoyed it. Sankt Goarshausen is really pretty.

IF Berlin gets the usual Set length tonight, it really makes me wonder why they played the Loreley in the first place, knowing that the catwalk/B-Stage can't be used there. It's not that those two are the only venues of this kind and size in Germany...

It does look like a pretty nice venue.

What are the odds of the band not repeating Sankt Goarshausen's setlist?

If they have a longer setlist than Sankt Goar, I'll be a bit pissed. The support act were really late at Loreley though, so that could have influenced the setlist I suppose.

LOL 2:42 of this... looks like they had the stupid banker with the gasoline there. Looks like the stadium stage props were placed in the middle of the crowd so the first 30 rows couldn't see them going on, amazing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOW67ouYUzY

The venue Loreley was great, and it was cool to have all these acts right in the middle of the audience! More for those that aren't right up front, better spread goodies for everyone :yesey: And they were on the screens all the time so everyone could see what was going on. :happy:

If they have a longer setlist than Sankt Goar, I'll be a bit pissed. The support act were really late at Loreley though, so that could have influenced the setlist I suppose.

Same here. If that silly guy flying in from Florida is the reason we got less Muse, I am going to kick his balls sometime and somewhere. :mad: (Verbally, of course.)

I suspect more and more though that it's a venue problem, as the next concert was on the next day starting with entry at 1:30 pm. The venue management is getting questioned on this, I think...

Same here. If that silly guy flying in from Florida is the reason we got less Muse, I am going to kick his balls sometime and somewhere. :mad: (Verbally, of course.)

I suspect more and more though that it's a venue problem, as the next concert was on the next day starting with entry at 1:30 pm. The venue management is getting questioned on this, I think...

Absolutely! He should have stayed in Florida.... His jokes were so cringey, sometimes I can't believe I'm British...

"I've had a few errrrdingers and I'm feeling happy even though I'm usually quite miserable" :(

Absolutely! He should have stayed in Florida.... His jokes were so cringey, sometimes I can't believe I'm British...

:confused:

IF Berlin gets the usual Set length tonight, it really makes me wonder why they played the Loreley in the first place, knowing that the catwalk/B-Stage can't be used there. It's not that those two are the only venues of this kind and size in Germany...

It's not as if Germany doesn't have gig-ready stadiums, given Depeche Mode have played 8 of them this summer. Admittedly they're a huger band over there, but you'd think given this is the Muse stadium tour that they'd at least give Germany a looksie at their stadium production.

They are nice looking venues but it's odd that they charge more than the other shows for a show which is a much smaller production and setlist.

Is the silly Florida guy the singer from Deaf Havana?

It's not as if Germany doesn't have gig-ready stadiums, given Depeche Mode have played 8 of them this summer. Admittedly they're a huger band over there, but you'd think given this is the Muse stadium tour that they'd at least give Germany a looksie at their stadium production.

They are nice looking venues but it's odd that they charge more than the other shows for a show which is a much smaller production and setlist.

Is the silly Florida guy the singer from Deaf Havana?

He flew from the states to get to the gig but he was a Brit singer.

:confused:

Is the guy ... the singer from Deaf Havana?

I wouldn't mind the production being smaller if we'd got the same amount of songs.

Yes that's him. When he came on stage he said he'd specially flown in from Florida. We joked that he could have stayed there, we'd take more Muse instead of a support (though they were ok). Little did we know then...

Archived