2013.09.11 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Bliss-

Just came back from the gig.

A little bit disappointed that rather than playing 'Animals' we still have to hear 'Guiding Light'. The song was played plenty during 'The Resistance' tour, and for once it would be good if Muse played songs from this album that might not make it to the next tour.

I still thought that 'Unnatural Selection' was a good choice, but I would have preferred 'New Born' instead. I was expecting them to play 'Agitated', but Oh well... I still had fun though.

I almost grabbed one of Dom's drum sticks. Congratulations to the lady who got it. :D

I almost grabbed one of Dom's drum sticks. Congratulations to the lady who got it. :D

Yes, Dom's drum sticks are quite the collector's item! :D

Tonight they played the Star Spangled Banner. I'm not the biggest patriot in the world, but we're all people. I thought that was an extremely classy move. This was my fifth time seeing them live and it was the best performance yet, as it seems every new one is for me.

A little bit disappointed that rather than playing 'Animals' we still have to hear 'Guiding Light'. The song was played plenty during 'The Resistance' tour, and for once it would be good if Muse played songs from this album that might not make it to the next tour.

I still thought that 'Unnatural Selection' was a good choice, but I would have preferred 'New Born' instead. I was expecting them to play 'Agitated', but Oh well... I still had fun though.

At least you got plug in baby. Sadly we did not in philly on Monday.

I loved Unnatural Selection! I loved how they finished it with a cover of Freedom by RATM (and the flying guitar)! And Guiding Light was... unexpected. I also noticed that Matt forgot some of the lyrics in Unnatural Selection and his mic came in late during Feeling Good. Great show! It was my mom's first Muse show and my dad's second. Loved it!

Also, I was surprised that they did two songs from OOS (Feeling Good and Plug In Baby) because I'd heard somewhere that they stopped doing OOS songs live.

Another thing: is it just me or is Morgan becoming more and more active in the band? I could clearly see him rocking out on guitar during "Starlight." I see a potential future for him as the fourth Muse member!

P.S.: I also got some pics and some video footage. Might post them later.

I loved Unnatural Selection! I loved how they finished it with a cover of Freedom by RATM (and the flying guitar)! And Guiding Light was... unexpected. I also noticed that Matt forgot some of the lyrics in Unnatural Selection and his mic came in late during Feeling Good. Great show! It was my mom's first Muse show and my dad's second. Loved it!

Also, I was surprised that they did two songs from OOS (Feeling Good and Plug In Baby) because I'd heard somewhere that they stopped doing OOS songs live.

Another thing: is it just me or is Morgan becoming more and more active in the band? I could clearly see him rocking out on guitar during "Starlight." I see a potential future for him as the fourth Muse member!

P.S.: I also got some pics and some video footage. Might post them later.

Dead Star, Futurism, Hyper Music, Feeling Good, Citizen Erased, Plug In Baby, Bliss, New Born and Micro Cuts have all been played this tour. Not sure where you heard they stopped playing OoS live.

At least you got plug in baby. Sadly we did not in philly on Monday.

I would have traded places with you. I love Plug In Baby to death as most fans do, but I've heard it before on other gigs. It's an amazing live track, and it makes everyone go wild, but I've never heard 'Animals' live and this is my 3rd gig on this tour.

Dead Star, Futurism, Hyper Music, Feeling Good, Citizen Erased, Plug In Baby, Bliss, New Born and Micro Cuts have all been played this tour. Not sure where you heard they stopped playing OoS live.

I don't think they'll ever stop playing OoS songs because that would piss off a lot of hardcore fans. However, they don't play them as much as they used to.

One thing I have to mention though is that the crowd at D.C. has been the most polite I've seen at any Muse gig. I was at the barrier expecting everyone to come pushing forward from the moment Muse came out. As soon as they got out, of course there's a frenzy but everybody pretty much stayed in their place.

Maybe because I'm from New York, so I'm not used to politeness.

This was my first Muse concert; it definitely did not disappoint. I did not want Guiding Light, but I thought all of the other choices were good--most of the people there were obviously not hardcore Musers.

On another note, as I was walking out of the Greene Turtle 10 minutes before doors opened, I stood about a meter away from Tom and Morgan! I really wanted to go and talk to them and solve the Nowherethomas mystery, but I think my fangirl screaming scared them off.

I would have traded places with you. I love Plug In Baby to death as most fans do, but I've heard it before on other gigs. It's an amazing live track, and it makes everyone go wild, but I've never heard 'Animals' live and this is my 3rd gig on this tour.

I get what you're saying. Philly was my first ever Muse show and plug in baby puts a rush through me like nothing ever has so i was hoping to see it live. Next time I hope! I also would have liked to see unnatural selection which you got. But we got stockholm syndrome which you didnt but i bet you've seen that before.

Dead Star, no kidding? I've never seen that live. Would freaking love to! I was hoping to hear Bliss as well, but I've heard it before, so maybe next time :)

Even though I think I've heard Plug in Baby at every set I've been to, it never gets old. The blue and pink lighting was pretty great.

Barrier? Muse came out to meet the fans? What? I missed this? I am disappoint.

I'm talking about the barrier in General Admission on the floor. There was no meet and greet as far as I'm concerned.

I've had very bad experiences at Muse gigs (most of them in NY) where people push their way to the front the moment the band hits the stage, and have zero regard for fans who waited since early hours of the morning to grab a good spot.

The show was great, but in all honesty I'm a spoiled hardcore Muse fan who expects a little too much.:p

Archived