2013.09.11 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Bliss-

Tickets on sale Friday, April 12th at 10am.

Member pre-sale on Thursday, April 11th at 10am -10pm.

Support: Cage The Elephant

OH. MY. GOODNESS

I had been waiting for them to announce a Virginia date since October and FINALLY. I've been exploding about this since I heard it announced.

My first Muse concert and future best day of my life.

Who's going?

Wow, Verizon :eek:

In 2010 they barely filled half of Patriot Center.

Billboard Boxscore however reported 7,500 paid attendance at this George Mason gig in Fairfax which I think is close to a sell out. Tickets reportedly sold so fast they had to add a gig at 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore which subsequently sold over 8,000 tickets.

First Muse gig in DC: April 17, 2000 at Metro Cafe (Maybe five to ten people in attendance at this tiny venue which closed about ten years ago). I watched a show there back in 1999.

Second Muse gig in DC at the 9:30 Club: November 8, 2004 (Probably fewer than 1,200 in attendance)

Tickets for the upcoming September 11, 2013 Muse concert at Verizon Center should sell well. I am estimating 14,000 to attend at a minimum.

Wow, Verizon :eek:

In 2010 they barely filled half of Patriot Center.

If I remember correct, that gig it was sold out? At least that's what was announced before Silversun Picks came on stage. I can't really remember how full the arena was though since I was preoccupied with being at the barrier for the first time. :)

I'm confident they will be very successful getting this place filled.

Do they release the presale codes at 10am tomorrow, or have they already given those out? I haven't done this before, so I'm confused how they know that people have been members before April 8th.

They've already given them out. When you log into your account, click on "MEMBERS" at the top and you should see your member homepage. The code is there along with other info!

They've already given them out. When you log into your account, click on "MEMBERS" at the top and you should see your member homepage. The code is there along with other info!

Thanks!

However, when I got to presale, they have the link for all the fall gigs except the DC one...:unsure: does anyone else see it?

I'm confused. Is the passcode for the pre-sale in our FORUM membership or the general member? I can sign in here no problem. However, the "Sign In" on the home page, doesn't recognize me or my password!

Your username for the main site is probably different than the one for the forum.

I'm confused. Is the passcode for the pre-sale in our FORUM membership or the general member? I can sign in here no problem. However, the "Sign In" on the home page, doesn't recognize me or my password!

I just created a new username for the ticket site. Annoying, but the passcode in my member profile worked.

Just scored Section 112, Row L for Verizon Center. Will be great seats! Going to my first Muse show next week at Izod Center. Very excited but the seats there are nowhere near as good as the seats for Verizon. Psyched beyond belief!!!

Side note: wife was not thrilled about the idea of me being in the middle of Washington DC on 9/11. I told her "if you don't let me see Muse, then the terrorists win" She fell for it! LOL :)

Billboard Boxscore however reported 7,500 paid attendance at this George Mason gig in Fairfax which I think is close to a sell out. Tickets reportedly sold so fast they had to add a gig at 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore which subsequently sold over 8,000 tickets.

First Muse gig in DC: April 17, 2000 at Metro Cafe (Maybe five to ten people in attendance at this tiny venue which closed about ten years ago). I watched a show there back in 1999.

Second Muse gig in DC at the 9:30 Club: November 8, 2004 (Probably fewer than 1,200 in attendance)

Tickets for the upcoming September 11, 2013 Muse concert at Verizon Center should sell well. I am estimating 14,000 to attend at a minimum.

that's right, but it was not even at full setup (half of the seating was curtained off) at Patriot's and it did not sell out. Baltimore Mariner felt a bit empty too.

Thanks for the exact numbers. I hate that venue. Verizon is better of course, but I am just afraid that it it will not sell out and will be half empty. GOT MY TICKETS ANYWAY!!! This will be my 55th Muse gig.

I am aware of that gig at Metro Cafe. That was a side gig on their tour supporting Foo Fighters. At that gig at Metro Cafe there were 10 people, 5 of which came from Baltimore because they caught them there by chance the day before and were so impressed that decided to see them again and invited some other friends. I missed that gig since I was 8 month pregnant, can never forgive myself for not taking a chance.

So i got GA tickets, but it says " section GAFLR, row GA7, seats 128-129" so I guess the floor is seated? anyone know? or do they just put that and it's standing room?

I believe that's just the way they keep track of how many tickets they have sold so they don't go over capacity.

Tickets on sale Friday, April 12th at 10am.

Member pre-sale on Thursday, April 11th at 10am -10pm.

Support: Cage The Elephant

OH. MY. GOODNESS

I had been waiting for them to announce a Virginia date since October and FINALLY. I've been exploding about this since I heard it announced.

My first Muse concert and future best day of my life.

Who's going?

You'll be in for a real treat. I saw them earlier in FL (2.22) and recently in CT (4.13). Once you see them once, which in my case was in 2009, you become addicted for life. I couldn't wait for them to announce a date in the DMV area. I had to see them again and again. Let's hope they'd surprise us with at least an extra show either in (MD/VA).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Resistance Tour

(9.29.09) FedExField, Landover, MD (Opening Band for U2 360 Tour)

(3.03.10) 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD

The 2nd Law Tour

(2.22.13) BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL

(4.13.13) Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT

(9.03.13) Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC

(9.11.13) Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Archived