2013.09.11 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Bliss-

The best tickets currently available at TM are club concourse limited view side of the stage. I think all GA and almost all main concourse seat tickets (except a few reserved VIPs) were purchased Thursday-Saturday. I don't think they are selling any seats behind the stage. Any chance of a second show being added at this venue or is there a scheduling conflict with the festival date in Brasil on the 14th? What do your sources tell you?

The best tickets currently available at TM are club concourse limited view side of the stage. I think all GA and almost all main concourse seat tickets (except a few reserved VIPs) were purchased Thursday-Saturday. I don't think they are selling any seats behind the stage. Any chance of a second show being added at this venue or is there a scheduling conflict with the festival date in Brasil on the 14th? What do your sources tell you?

They are running on a tight schedule as you could see. After the Rock in Rio concert, they'll be playing in Utah 3 days later. If they were not playing this international date, maybe. However, the fact that they picked the biggest venue, the VZ Center (18K) capacity instead of the Patriot Center (10K) and 1st Mariner Arena (14K) tells something. They're trying to accomodate as many fans as possible for this only date. Would they sell out the VZ Center? I mean, the first show (4/15) at MSG got sold out inmediately and they added a 2nd show. Due to the time constraints of flying internationally, I doubt they would add another concert, but again, that doesn't stop me from crossing my fingers.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Resistance Tour

(9.29.09) FedExField, Landover, MD (Opening Band for U2 360 Tour)

(3.03.10) 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD

The 2nd Law Tour

(2.22.13) BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL

(4.13.13) Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT

(9.03.13) Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC

(9.11.13) Verizon Center, Washington, DC

• 1 month later...

I desperately need one GA ticket for this show. If any of you hear of one available for sale, please tell them about me. I literally just found out I have to be in DC on the 12th so I'm coming in early.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't wait to go! I got tickets as a birthday present-- my birthday is on the 10th! I sort of had to talk my dad into buying them since it would mean missing a day of school (I live in Charlottesville, VA, which is a long way away from Washington, D.C.), but it'll be so worth it!

Awesome!!! That's a great birthday present!

To those who bought their tickets using the muse pre-sale through this website: has anyone received their tickets yet? I know that they may not be mailed until the date approaches, but figured I would check.

I haven't received mine yet. When I pre ordered the last time I went to one of their concerts the tickets didn't arrive until a month before I think.... I can't remember the exact time frame.

If you purchased GA tickets in the presale, and if the process is still the same as it was in the spring, you actually pick up your tickets at Will Call the day of the gig. That was the process for St Louis, Cincy and Dallas, and I got my tix via the presale. I think seated tickets will be sent to you.

If you purchased GA tickets in the presale, and if the process is still the same as it was in the spring, you actually pick up your tickets at Will Call the day of the gig. That was the process for St Louis, Cincy and Dallas, and I got my tix via the presale. I think seated tickets will be sent to you.

Wow I'm glad you let me know! lol

Except now I'm gonna be super nervous until I can physically hold the tickets in my hand :l. I'm so paranoid something is going to go wrong lol

So getting there early in the morning is recommended for GA? Around what time, to be at the front/barrier?

And yeah, I don't think they send you GA tickets. Is the process of going inside that you just show your ID and scan the credit card you bought it with?

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up about this show: you may want to come a little earlier than normal. There will be a "Million Muslim March" on the White House on 9/11. Definitely expect extra security measures entering the building. May be a bit of a hassle but well worth it IMO

I would love to hear Citizen Erased...live! Or any other rare song for that matter.

Here are my top 5 Muse songs I need to see live in concert to make my life complete. Of course I want to see every song live in person, but here we go....

Citizen Erased, Showbiz, Fury, Hyper Chondriac Music, and Big Freeze,

I was lucky enough to see Bliss performed and the place went nuts ( or at least I know I did..I was like hey I know this song...wait duh...wait OMFG .. it's BLISS!! lol )

I really love Big Freeze. At first I laughed at it, but then after a few listens I really learned how awesome it is. So to be at the first gig where it's played live would be special. However, I would take Citizen Erased, Showbiz, or Fury over it for now because those might get more rare as time goes on. Hyper Chondriac Music may be my favorite song by them, but the possibility of it being played live at a concert that I'm at seems impossible.

That one concert where Fury was played live, with Matt's coat flapping in the wind....just might prove that Fury is the most amazing song ever in concert lol...besides my other fav, "Megalomania"

ok my rant is over. But here's the link to know which Fury performance I am talking about :

Everytime I know that I am about to go to a Muse gig, I tell myself that I need to send an advanced letter or something to the band with a request. And of course, the concert date creeps up and I forgot to request. Maybe lots of us who are going to the DC show, can tweet them and ask. Or if anyone knows the best way to get a message to the band.

While I want them to play what they feel like playing, I still don't think it hurts to ask.

I would love to hear Citizen Erased...live! Or any other rare song for that matter.

Here are my top 5 Muse songs I need to see live in concert to make my life complete. Of course I want to see every song live in person, but here we go....

Citizen Erased, Showbiz, Fury, Hyper Chondriac Music, and Big Freeze,

I don't think they've ever done Big Freeze live, at all, and I'm not sure if they will. I mean, they still haven't done songs like "Falling Away With You," "Exogenesis Symphony part 2," and "Exo-Politics" live.

I was lucky enough to see Bliss performed and the place went nuts ( or at least I know I did..I was like hey I know this song...wait duh...wait OMFG .. it's BLISS!! lol )

I really love Big Freeze. At first I laughed at it, but then after a few listens I really learned how awesome it is. So to be at the first gig where it's played live would be special. However, I would take Citizen Erased, Showbiz, or Fury over it for now because those might get more rare as time goes on. Hyper Chondriac Music may be my favorite song by them, but the possibility of it being played live at a concert that I'm at seems impossible.

Yeah, that's another song they've never played live. And they haven't played Showbiz since 2006.

That one concert where Fury was played live, with Matt's coat flapping in the wind....just might prove that Fury is the most amazing song ever in concert lol...besides my other fav, "Megalomania"

ok my rant is over. But here's the link to know which Fury performance I am talking about :

Yeah, I remember that performance. I'm not extremely fond of "Fury" but it's really great live.

Hmm... I wouldn't know where to start one. Maybe one of the more experienced members here could help? I know a few have been successful in getting a song played. So there's hope :). I would certainly be willing to help :)

Alright, thanks. :D

Everytime I know that I am about to go to a Muse gig, I tell myself that I need to send an advanced letter or something to the band with a request. And of course, the concert date creeps up and I forgot to request. Maybe lots of us who are going to the DC show, can tweet them and ask. Or if anyone knows the best way to get a message to the band.

While I want them to play what they feel like playing, I still don't think it hurts to ask.

I still hope they play Citizen Erased live. It's probably Muse's second best song (besides "Butterflies & Hurricanes").

Archived