2013.09.11 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC

Bliss-

Still looking for ONE GA ticket. Had arranged to buy one from a friend in Chicago who can't go, but box office won't release her ticket to me, so she will have to eat the cost. Sucks!

It looked like we had one, but alas no. So,

I NEED ONE GA FOR DC!!! Cash at venue, PayPal, whatever; will throw in a "convenience fee" of my own if you can help! Definitely prefer hard-copy pre-mailed tickets. Paperless would be difficult unless you too are queueing early for barrier...

WARNING:

Verizon Center site says the box office/will call opens 90 minutes before gig time, or about a half-hour before doors. This was the case at some venues on the spring tour and created a total 5#!+show when all the barrier queuers had to leave the queue for the box office, along with tons of people in seats who didn't need to hurry.

It looked like we had one, but alas no. So,

I NEED ONE GA FOR DC!!! Cash at venue, PayPal, whatever; will throw in a "convenience fee" of my own if you can help! Definitely prefer hard-copy pre-mailed tickets. Paperless would be difficult unless you too are queueing early for barrier...

Were all the GAs sold at the pre-sale?

Stub Hub is not selling any of them.

Has anyone who ordered through the pre-sale received their tickets yet?

yes i did

who wants to split this? almost like a VIP ticket but also meeting the band :rolleyes:

Just a heads up about this show: you may want to come a little earlier than normal. There will be a "Million Muslim March" on the White House on 9/11. Definitely expect extra security measures entering the building. May be a bit of a hassle but well worth it IMO

I almost read it as " Million Musers March"

heard on DC101 radio they are still giving out tickets every hour. Try your luck. And while they are doing that DEAD STAR playes on the background :D

may be will get that?

DC radio is not a big help here in Tacoma, Washington! And can't listen during work anyway. Still seeking that elusive GA ticket...

What would be a good time for those not in GA seats to get there? This is my first time at the Verizon Center. I'm thinking 4, but I actually have no idea.

That depends on how you're coming. If you're driving- the verizons center parking opens when the doors do which is 7pm I think. And traffic, i have no idea. Especially with all the protestors that day. If you have seated tickets then I wouldn't worry about getting their too early. Just early enough to allow for traffic etc.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

yeah, I think being there at 4 with tickets to the seats is way too early. Unless you want to look at/chat with the GA ticket holders waiting patiently in line.[/quote}

I get off work at 4 around Farragut N. I'm walking over then, and parking myself in the Green Turtle for awhile, if anyone with seats wants to hang out and drink/eat until doors open. I think you can access the arena from the Turtle.

Also, for the people in GA, if my ticket is at Will Call (which opens an hour before the show), is there a way for me to get my ticket and still keep my place in line? Pretty worried about that situation :unsure:

A lot of GA queuers (is that a word?) have to get their ticket at Will Call. Usually, Musers will have a numbering system so you can get a number when you get to the queue, and get back in line after bathroom breaks, food runs, etc. It's a pretty fair and laid-back system, as long as people don't try to cheat and line jump.

Archived