Muse - Pro-shot Japan Gig 12/01/13

OriginOfAbso

I'm still on Plug In Baby (lol GnR riff) due to only watching it in small chunks throughout the day. It's pretty incredible and the mix sounds all right too. No Survival bothers me though. Finale songs are always big points in the flow of the gig and I hate it when pro-shots cut them out (I'm looking at you Absolution Tour).

Also, the lighting in this pro-shot is as dark as my soul.

Brilliant stuff! :D

Anyone knows what exactly Morgan is doing during Bliss? He seems to be sliding his finger up and down an iPad (or something that looks like it...), but can't really understand why. Does that actually change the pitch of the arpeggios, or something?

Anyone knows what exactly Morgan is doing during Bliss? He seems to be sliding his finger up and down an iPad (or something that looks like it...), but can't really understand why. Does that actually change the pitch of the arpeggios, or something?

I think that's the case. What else could it be?

I think that's the case. What else could it be?

I doubt it's changing the pitch...surely it'd be too tricky/fiddly to get it consistent, and just seems stupid. Probably controlling some filter. Or maybe nothing at all. I'm still sceptical about Morgan

Oh c'mon :LOL: he has too much stuff with him to be just a stunt.

Yeeeeah yeah I'm not doubting he does do a fair bit, it's just those fucking videos of Undisclosed Desires and Sign o the Times where I can't help but think he's miming along to a backing track so that it actually looks like he's doing something in those particular songs

Yeeeeah yeah I'm not doubting he does do a fair bit, it's just those fucking videos of Undisclosed Desires and Sign o the Times where I can't help but think he's miming along to a backing track so that it actually looks like he's doing something in those particular songs

I don't think that's the case. It doesn't really look like he's miming either, and it shouldn't be difficult making those sounds at that keyboard of his.

I'm more in doubt about the whole Unsustainable thing with the whammy stuff going on. And the choir in Survival, it's no better than a backing track even if Morgan 'triggers' it.

I don't think that's the case. It doesn't really look like he's miming either, and it shouldn't be difficult making those sounds at that keyboard of his.

I'm more in doubt about the whole Unsustainable thing with the whammy stuff going on. And the choir in Survival, it's no better than a backing track even if Morgan 'triggers' it.

From what I've been able to see, he sings the 'So I told you' bit (definitely true) and plays the female voices on his keyboard, the recordings of those sounds having been programmed into the keyboard and triggered by particular keys (might not be true).

Follow Me is what I'm really dubious about, given that he plays guitar at the same time as the synth part is playing.

I don't think Morgan was ever hinted at having anything to do with the programmed whammy.

Archived